Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't get your hopes up for sellouts, Tampa Bay is struggling economically. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : June 04, 2012, 06:48:46 AM

Tebow gets all the chicks.   Wouldn't it be great to be him?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 04, 2012, 06:49:27 AM

This might be an ideal time for you to change allegiances to the NYJ, especially since you don't live in Tampa and you're a big Teblow fan, and you've been down on the Bucs for seveal years now. In this day and age of Direct TV and the Sunday Ticket, you might never have to go to RJS ever again unless during the NYJ-Super Bowl at RJS of if the Bucs and NYJ play a regular season game.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 04, 2012, 06:51:32 AM

Not "several".   Only 3.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 04, 2012, 06:52:24 AM

I'm still hoping the Bucs trade for Tebow.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 04, 2012, 06:59:17 AM

Not "several".   Only 3.

Since it looks like Josh will be in the Bucs' longterm plans, it might be a decade before the team suits you.

Go ahead, join the NYJ fanbase. No one will blame you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 04, 2012, 07:07:24 AM

My Mom is still a pitiful troll stuck in the past and she is old.

Sorry to hear that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 04, 2012, 07:16:39 AM

This might be an ideal time for you to change allegiances to the NYJ, especially since you don't live in Tampa and you're a big Teblow fan, and you've been down on the Bucs for seveal years now. In this day and age of Direct TV and the Sunday Ticket, you might never have to go to RJS ever again unless during the NYJ-Super Bowl at RJS of if the Bucs and NYJ play a regular season game.

Morgan..... is that you??

-------------------------------------------------------

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 04, 2012, 07:56:31 AM

I think a big part of Tampa's problem selling out is that most of the people that are willing to go sit in the scorching sun and bake for 4 hours, are the manual laborers and other working class folks....can no longer afford it.

Meanwhile, many of the people that still make enough money to actually afford it wouldn't dream of sitting next to drunk rednecks in the scorching sun on Sundays.

Until the unemployment goes down and wages goes back up, I think we'll continure to have black outs no matter how well we play.

Wages haven't gone down in most cases , inflation has gone up. That's the real problem. The dollar is worth less than it used to be thanks to the government , so it takes more of our money to buy the same things we used to afford easily.

But you are right about the blue-collar guys getting priced out as the reason the stadium is still empty. Also the reason the stadium isn't loud anymore . Say what you will about the obnoxious drunk guy , but they are the ones who get rowdy, have all the fun , and make the noise. Sitting in the club section with the people who are there only becuase they recieved this week's allotment of free tickets from the office pool ,  and spend the entire game sipping thier martini's inside the lounge , is boring . I'd rather watch it at home with some buddies and save $200 dollars.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 04, 2012, 08:45:39 AM

Spend $35 and go to the game to support your team.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 04, 2012, 09:20:44 AM

My Mom is still a pitiful troll stuck in the past and she is old.

Sorry to hear that.
Wow. you're old enough to be someones grandfather but you act like someones 13 year old grandson.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 04, 2012, 11:20:54 AM

It's funny how the biggest complainers about trolling and nonsensical off-topic posts can be the worst culprits for taking threads off the beaten path.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 04, 2012, 11:29:15 AM

It's funny how the biggest complainers about trolling and nonsensical off-topic posts can be the worst culprits for taking threads off the beaten path.

I have noticed it's only the feeble minded and young who do that here, so it's understandable.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 04, 2012, 11:35:08 AM

Most of them ought to concentrate on working rather than sneaking around the boss to view and post on a Bucs message board in the middle of the work day.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 04, 2012, 12:29:25 PM

Its not only are there not enough jobs to go around but the pay is much lower.  The hours for work are shorter to avoid having to pay benefits.  The demand for more time without pay is up ...if you don't comply there is a bunch of folks waiting for that job.  Including the new 7 day work week. 

I agree that there will be a problem filling seats.  Maybe not for the home opener tho.  Hopefully, people will want to see the new team in action, I know I would.  But not at one o'clock in September!  And its not just us old folks who get heat strokes...look at all the high school teams practicing nowadays.  Since when is it 95 degrees in the Spring for heavens sake?????

I am happy for those of you who can find good work that pays you what you deserve, but just know, even former clients ( retired stock broker ) of mine tell me they've lost so much money in the market that they have to cut their income in half and/or take none at all.  Almost all of them have gone back to work with their old companies as contractors.  At 60+ that is not what people who worked hard and saved all their lives and did the "right" thing planned for.  Speaking of which I doubt that Fl has mostly retirees any more living in the state.  Retirees have been leaving the state for North or South Carolina giving Fl a negative growth rate for the past several years ( meaning more than 3....)

I fail to understand why those people who aren't making it are so denigrated by being swept into the same box as welfare cheats.....just drive by any small or med. size strip mall these days and look at the number of empty stores representing failed businesses due to this recession.  That should give people some idea of the depth of the financial malaise in the Tampa Bay area.

El Diablo

Starter

#44 : June 04, 2012, 12:51:51 PM

I think it is simple. If the Bucs win people are gonna go to the games. That's just the way this area is. People will spend their money on what is most entertaining and sitting in 90+ weather and getting 300 yards on the ground put on you isn't fun to watch. I have missed VERY few games over the last 10-15 years but will not be going to too many this year because I have a baby coming this month. So people make it out to the games so I don't have to watch it on crappy internet sites!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't get your hopes up for sellouts, Tampa Bay is struggling economically. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools