Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S.A. the great melting pot « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 20, 2012, 06:37:07 PM

I believe the original post spoke of the increasing hispanic population, yet "evolved" down a different path. I've learned that nothing positive can come of these conversations when held under the cloak of anonymity which is why i generally refrain from posting in them. I shall continue that practice.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 20, 2012, 06:46:22 PM

Hate, I love how you sarcastically laugh off crime numbers that are atrocious in every possible way. I know they were about your race, but you should at least PRETEND that you're appalled. I guess that's why the cycle keeps repeating itself, black people would rather pretend the problem doesn't exist than actually do something about it.
You're on the edge, you are moving to an area even this board precludes and I would offer you simply withdraw. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 20, 2012, 06:54:27 PM

Hate, I love how you sarcastically laugh off crime numbers that are atrocious in every possible way. I know they were about your race, but you should at least PRETEND that you're appalled. I guess that's why the cycle keeps repeating itself, black people would rather pretend the problem doesn't exist than actually do something about it.
You're on the edge, you are moving to an area even this board precludes and I would offer you simply withdraw.

That's the very polite way to put it. I would have just called you a gutless **CENSORED**.  For all the anonymously posted bs.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 20, 2012, 06:56:49 PM

While I appreciate the words let's see if we can simply get this out of place conversation to cease. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 20, 2012, 06:57:48 PM

While I appreciate the words let's see if we can simply get this out of place conversation to cease.

Sorry

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 20, 2012, 07:00:49 PM

Appreciate it but not necessary Vince. 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 20, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

I believe the original post spoke of the increasing hispanic population, yet "evolved" down a different path. I've learned that nothing positive can come of these conversations when held under the cloak of anonymity which is why i generally refrain from posting in them. I shall continue that practice.

The article mentioned several races, not one. The OP also offered this opinion, "Politics and economics will be just a few of the institutions to get overhauls once the melting pot is fully mixed.". I simply pointed out, based on nothing but facts, another area that would change once "the melting pot is fully mixed". I also wanted to prove that discussing indisputable facts is only acceptable if you're a minority, and I did just that. I'm not afraid to bring up controversial facts, the very fact that so many ARE afraid to do so is exactly what Carolla said, the reason the cycle continues.

And you're wrong about "nothing positive can come out of these conversations". I believe the opposite. The problem comes when people sweep the issue under the rug, or jump to cowardly name calling and race card pulling in order to toe the PC line. There's a problem, many are aware of it, few are willing to talk about it.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 20, 2012, 07:46:11 PM

I reject your offer.

I'm not on the edge of anything. This is an issue no different than any other. There are many issues to debate, many problems in our society.....yet only one remains taboo to talk about. That's ludicrous and I'm unwilling to play by such silly rules. If you feel uncomfortable talking about it, that's certainly your right. To tell someone else to "withdraw", is not.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 20, 2012, 07:46:31 PM

You have ventured beyond the bounds of this board.  Again.  Hate has pleasantly advised you he doesn't believe anything good would come from such a conversation and he will not be a part of the conversation.  You really should find something else to talk about. 
: May 20, 2012, 07:50:08 PM dbucfan

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 20, 2012, 07:49:41 PM

I reject your offer.

I'm not on the edge of anything. This is an issue no different than any other. There are many issues to debate, many problems in our society.....yet only one remains taboo to talk about. That's ludicrous and I'm unwilling to play by such silly rules. If you feel uncomfortable talking about it, that's certainly your right. To tell someone else to "withdraw", is not.
There is no offer - PR has advised this topic you wish to speak of is not going to be a part of their boards.  I have watched this topic on these boards and found nothing but bad comes of it.  And now, because I just told you, PR rejects such topics on their boards.  You want to **CENSORED** - PM Scott, Mark, Hugh, Andrew, or the mods.  Can you be banned from this type of conversation - I believe that was a part of the last warning about this topic. 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 20, 2012, 07:49:47 PM

That's the very polite way to put it. I would have just called you a gutless **CENSORED**.  For all the anonymously posted bs.

Should we all post our pictures, names and addresses prior to each post? If you're under the impression that I'd be afraid to bring up FACTS in person, you're sorely mistaken. I find it embarrassing that so many people appear to be spineless and weak when it comes to simply discussing an issue. It's also embarrassing that society has taken one issue and said "this one here, it's not to be discussed, ignore at all costs", and so many people have bought into it. That's brainwashing at it's finest.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 20, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Good - have a conversation about brainwashing - glad to see you can be so reasonable. 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 20, 2012, 07:51:51 PM

You have ventured beyond the bounds of this board.  Again.  Hate has pleasantly advised you he doesn't believe anything good would come from such a conversation and he will not be a part of the conversation.  You really should find something else to talk about.

And Hate is free to go on his merry way, that means the thread (started by someone else I remind you) needs to halt?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 20, 2012, 07:53:22 PM

I reject your offer.

There is no offer - PR has advised this topic you wish to speak of is not going to be a part of their boards.  I have watched this topic on these boards and found nothing but bad comes of it.  And now, because I just told you, PR rejects such topics on their boards.  You want to **CENSORED** - PM Scott, Mark, Hugh, Andrew, or the mods.  Can you be banned from this type of conversation - I believe that was a part of the last warning about this topic.

PR also banned politics years ago. You seem to do a lot of posting about that banned topic, isn't that right? Do I go into your threads and tell you to PM the staff if you don't like it?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 20, 2012, 07:56:24 PM

Nope - just if you are going to get someone banned make sure it is just yourself.  And you needn't remind me of the origin of the thread, nor will I remind you of the need of others to in fact have a conversation within a thread.  You have a nice evening now.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S.A. the great melting pot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools