Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S.A. the great melting pot « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 20, 2012, 07:58:20 PM

I don't go looking to get anyone banned, that's not my gig. I couldn't care less what people post about, more people should go by that rule.

Thank you for helping me prove my point though, you did a marvelous job.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 20, 2012, 08:16:51 PM

I've learned that nothing positive can come of these conversations when held under the cloak of anonymity which is why i generally refrain from posting in them.

Like when Chev went nuts in that one thread years ago and went on a racist rant.    It was so threatening and horrible and made Chev look so evil that I sent a PM to the guy who started the thread asking him to delete it.    Thankfully he did listen to my request and deleted the thread.    I like Chev and didn't want the one time he completely lost it to be the thing that defined him.    I think it's good to discuss the topic if looking for a solution, but to go on racist rants threatening each other is taking it too far.    I will say however, that it's been extremely rare that I've seen it taken to that point.   I don't see Escobar to be crossing the line.   He's just re-iterating the truth that Adam Carolla spoke.   This topic is a huge problem in our society and needs to be addressed rather than pushed under the rug.   Other countries laugh at us for this problem yet we don't even address it?   What the hell?

Escobar, first independent proof that you crossed a line when it comes to race?  Having Java in your corner.
: May 20, 2012, 08:18:27 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 20, 2012, 08:19:24 PM

Dude, there was no need to quote that.   It was only up there about a minute before I deleted it because I felt the reference to Chev might make him look bad again and didn't want that.   

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 20, 2012, 08:20:51 PM

Truthfully, I just want someone to provide one valid reason as to why this can't be discussed. I want to hear why it's different than all other issues, why it's given special rules. I want to hear why stating facts makes one a racist, I want a breakdown of all issues, organized by which race is allowed to discuss them. Basically what I'm asking for is the official handbook of the cowardly spineless PC American.
: May 20, 2012, 08:23:51 PM Escobar06

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 20, 2012, 08:23:15 PM

I've learned that nothing positive can come of these conversations when held under the cloak of anonymity which is why i generally refrain from posting in them.

Like when Chev went nuts in that one thread years ago and went on a racist rant.    It was so threatening and horrible and made Chev look so evil that I sent a PM to the guy who started the thread asking him to delete it.    Thankfully he did listen to my request and deleted the thread.    I like Chev and didn't want the one time he completely lost it to be the thing that defined him.    I think it's good to discuss the topic if looking for a solution, but to go on racist rants threatening each other is taking it too far.    I will say however, that it's been extremely rare that I've seen it taken to that point.   I don't see Escobar to be crossing the line.   He's just re-iterating the truth that Adam Carolla spoke.   This topic is a huge problem in our society and needs to be addressed rather than pushed under the rug.   Other countries laugh at us for this problem yet we don't even address it?   What the hell?

Escobar, first independent proof that you crossed a line when it comes to race?  Having Java in your corner.

Explain to me how posting facts is "crossing a line". Let's see if you can pull it off.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 20, 2012, 08:34:23 PM

Explain to me how posting facts is "crossing a line". Let's see if you can pull it off.

LOL, even you don't think its "facts" that are the issue. That's a chicken spit dodge, way to own it

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 20, 2012, 08:41:56 PM

LOL, even you don't think its "facts" that are the issue. That's a chicken spit dodge, way to own it

You're serious? You're claiming that I don't believe the statistics I got straight from the FBI's website are an issue? Those statistics are EXACTLY what I'm referring to, I'm not quite sure how you convinced yourself otherwise. Could it be that you can offer no explanation as to why posting facts would be crossing the line, so you instead decided to tell ME what I believe?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 20, 2012, 08:55:20 PM

You're serious? You're claiming that I don't believe the statistics I got straight from the FBI's website are an issue? Those statistics are EXACTLY what I'm referring to, I'm not quite sure how you convinced yourself otherwise. Could it be that you can offer no explanation as to why posting facts would be crossing the line, so you instead decided to tell ME what I believe?

Maybe, but it could also be you are a dumb azz or a coward.  How am I supposed to know? Statistics are statistics its all in what one makes of the statistics . .

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 20, 2012, 08:59:20 PM

So now that leads to more questions. How am I a racist AND either a dumb ass or a coward for posting statistics. You should start answering some of these questions instead of creating more. Eventually you'll realize that you have no reason at all as to why you're calling me a racist or a coward. You're doing so simply because you know it's the safe alternative in a situation like this. I'll keep waiting though, maybe you'll surprise me.

Edit: Also, your comment "it's all in what one makes of the statistics" sounds like you're attempting to accuse of me twisting facts or at the very least selecting only those that support an agenda you feel I may have. Both nonsense. This is all very simple. I posted facts, facts that can't be disputed and facts that are relevant to a population undergoing unprecedented minority growth. Your job is to tell me why posting those facts is a problem.
: May 20, 2012, 09:02:54 PM Escobar06

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 20, 2012, 09:03:52 PM

Statistics are statistics its all in what one makes of the statistics . .

LOL!   In the NFL, that's true (other than win/loss which are more reality than statistics).    Compared to football statistics, those statistics are more like win/loss statistics (reality) than they are to anything else.

Those statistics are reality.   

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 20, 2012, 09:08:15 PM

Statistics are statistics its all in what one makes of the statistics . .

LOL!   In the NFL, that's true (other than win/loss which are more reality than statistics).    Compared to football statistics, those statistics are more like win/loss statistics (reality) than they are to anything else.

Those statistics are reality.   

I know you are just here to stir the pot, but since you mentioned football the statistic is teams win more when they run 25 plus times, so why don't teams just run 26 times in a row?  because the statistic mixes up cause and effect . . . . . hmmmm

Escobar, again I will say having Java in your corner speaks volumes

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 20, 2012, 09:08:53 PM

Dude, there was no need to quote that.   It was only up there about a minute before I deleted it because I felt the reference to Chev might make him look bad again and didn't want that.   

right . . . .

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 20, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

I did say that the only statistics that are reality are wins and losses didn't I?    All the rest can be skewed however you want (like number of runs in a game).

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 20, 2012, 09:12:35 PM

Come on Vin, you can do better than that. You have accused me of being multiple things in this thread yet have so far offered no explanation as to why. Repeatedly referring to Java means nothing to me, stop being a coward and tell me why posting the facts that I did is "crossing a line". 

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 20, 2012, 09:12:44 PM

So now that leads to more questions. How am I a racist AND either a dumb ass or a coward for posting statistics. You should start answering some of these questions instead of creating more. Eventually you'll realize that you have no reason at all as to why you're calling me a racist or a coward. You're doing so simply because you know it's the safe alternative in a situation like this. I'll keep waiting though, maybe you'll surprise me.

Edit: Also, your comment "it's all in what one makes of the statistics" sounds like you're attempting to accuse of me twisting facts or at the very least selecting only those that support an agenda you feel I may have. Both nonsense. This is all very simple. I posted facts, facts that can't be disputed and facts that are relevant to a population undergoing unprecedented minority growth. Your job is to tell me why posting those facts is a problem.

thankfully . . . .  that (in bold) is not my job . .  . nor am I inclined to further your agenda by "explaining" things to you.  If you thought that would work, then my vote is first for "dumbazz" and maybe second for "coward."   

Sorry, but not interested in letting you and Java drag me down into the filth.  You guys have fun down there.  Maybe you can talk to Java about your views on race and he can share with you his view on pictures of . . . . well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: U.S.A. the great melting pot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools