Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Gets NO EXCUSES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Samari28

Hall of Famer
: May 20, 2012, 07:52:37 PM

To hear some of you talk its like Schiano walks on water and all I have seen and heard is how now that we have a real coach we will be awesome. You guys better hope your boy gets the job done this year, I'm talkin 11-5 and playoffs as let's not forget he inherits a team that went 10-6 a couple seasons ago and now has two extra sets of draft picks and free agents from the great Dominik and Hickey. Place blame on Raheem, that is fine but HE was not the sole reason this team flopped last year. It starts at the top and works its way down. Rah had his issues as did Olson and some other assistants but let's not forget the guys running this team have not drafted a Pro Bowl player since DAVIN JOSEPH and last time I checked even he is a little overhyped. Wow, so the guy won at Rutgers, big freaking deal, it was the pathetic Big East and then the guy never even won the conference. Hey maybe Schiano will work out but to have blind faith in any college coach and a bunch of no named assistants is just foolish. Jimmy Raye, Butch Davis and Sheridan are jokes (please tell me their combined success in the NFL) and while I like the OC, OL and DB coaching hires the other ones are a joke. Some of you like Schiano because BeliCHEAT likes him, hmm how did Crennel, Mangini and others work out? We still have crap for players in Biggers, Lewis, Grimm, Blount, Stocker, Orlovsky, etc its amazing how a guy who is known to struggle with in game adjustments will do now that he is facing the big boys and not the Todd Graham, Skip Holtz, Charlie Strong and other losers of the Big East.

ccch

Rookie

#1 : May 20, 2012, 08:05:28 PM

Nice post Raheem.  It's obvious you don't know much about Rutger football.  They were one of the worse teams in DI football until Schiano got there.  He had unbelievable odds to overcome to get good talent and even for the average players he go he did enough to turn that program around.  BTW, RU is ranked in the preseason top 25 thanks to our new coach.  Yes a lot of people are optimistic and for good reason.  I think we will see a hugh difference from last year both on and off the field.  Don't know the guy yet...he hasn't even coached 1 game yet...geeze!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 20, 2012, 08:17:03 PM

...I'm talkin 11-5 and playoffs...

AGREED!

11-5 and miss the playoffs? FIRED
10-6 and win the Super Bowl? FIRED

Hell, just fire him now!!!!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 20, 2012, 08:17:19 PM

To hear some of you talk its like Schiano walks on water and all I have seen and heard is how now that we have a real coach we will be awesome. You guys better hope your boy gets the job done this year, I'm talkin 11-5 and playoffs as let's not forget he inherits a team that went 10-6 a couple seasons ago and now has two extra sets of draft picks and free agents from the great Dominik and Hickey. Place blame on Raheem, that is fine but HE was not the sole reason this team flopped last year. It starts at the top and works its way down. Rah had his issues as did Olson and some other assistants but let's not forget the guys running this team have not drafted a Pro Bowl player since DAVIN JOSEPH and last time I checked even he is a little overhyped. Wow, so the guy won at Rutgers, big freaking deal, it was the pathetic Big East and then the guy never even won the conference. Hey maybe Schiano will work out but to have blind faith in any college coach and a bunch of no named assistants is just foolish. Jimmy Raye, Butch Davis and Sheridan are jokes (please tell me their combined success in the NFL) and while I like the OC, OL and DB coaching hires the other ones are a joke. Some of you like Schiano because BeliCHEAT likes him, hmm how did Crennel, Mangini and others work out? We still have crap for players in Biggers, Lewis, Grimm, Blount, Stocker, Orlovsky, etc its amazing how a guy who is known to struggle with in game adjustments will do now that he is facing the big boys and not the Todd Graham, Skip Holtz, Charlie Strong and other losers of the Big East.

Why even watch the upcoming season at all??

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 20, 2012, 08:24:46 PM

Dude..... exhale. Just when you think you know someone, they go full Java on you. Unbelievable.

-------------------------------------------------------

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 20, 2012, 08:30:38 PM

These type of threads always confuse me...

If one is a fan of the team should we all not support the new coaching staff until they prove otherwise?

Seems like a waste of time being a fan if you don't...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 20, 2012, 08:32:13 PM

If one is a fan of the team should we all not support the new coaching staff until they prove otherwise?

ANYTHING other than hope is a waste of time as a fan IMO. Even if they prove otherwise, if I have no hope, whats the point of watching?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : May 20, 2012, 08:37:00 PM

Samari's ass still hurts from his boy Raheem being fired.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 20, 2012, 08:41:55 PM

Lmao java-mode. Idiot

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 20, 2012, 08:43:56 PM

Posts like the one offered by Samari seem to be aimed at both the OP - in this case Samari, as well as those who read his thoughts.  I sometimes think it is simply to push worries and concerns out to others so they can be addressed and resolved.  On other occasions I think it is a challenge or prelude to argument.  It is always hard to tell without venturing into a conversational exchange.  The decision faced by those who would enter the conversation - is it really worth it.  In my case, it's not.  We will see what we see when we get the bucs on the field and see how they play, and not before.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 20, 2012, 08:47:43 PM

Posts like the one offered by Samari seem to be aimed at both the OP - in this case Samari, as well as those who read his thoughts.  I sometimes think it is simply to push worries and concerns out to others so they can be addressed and resolved.  On other occasions I think it is a challenge or prelude to argument.  It is always hard to tell without venturing into a conversational exchange.  The decision faced by those who would enter the conversation - is it really worth it.  In my case, it's not.  We will see what we see when we get the bucs on the field and see how they play, and not before.

Just did.  ;D

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 20, 2012, 08:50:25 PM

I think some people would have only been happy with Cowher, or another big name. Really the only coach available this past season that i woulda liked as our coach was Marty and he wouldn't of been here long. So far with the draft and FA, I like what Schiano is doing. A lot of the coaching staff is atleast intriguing. Sullivan gets his shot at OC coming from a great organization. Brian Cox, Byner very experienced, Sheridan also has the expiernce, You got Butch advising. I pumped to see how all this shakes out this year.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 20, 2012, 08:54:24 PM

Being one that knows the guy, i'm concerned about his mental health.

-------------------------------------------------------

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : May 20, 2012, 08:55:46 PM

Being one that knows the guy, i'm concerned about his mental health.

I don't know him personally, but it's been obvious for years that the guy has stability issues.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 20, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

In the post - S28 distanced himself from Schiano...

"...you guys better hope your boy..."

That initiated my response...   

If someones perspective is already skewed...   and angry -  I'd personally do something else....

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Gets NO EXCUSES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools