Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 21, 2012, 04:56:57 PM

If polygamists came forward and demanded the same "civil right", would you be in favor of that, too?

I've answered this question many times before.

Yes.

So, where's your line? Or is there one?

Also, just because people want something doesn't mean it's their right to have it. We have a funny way of doing things in this country, everything seems to be a "right" these days.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 21, 2012, 04:58:51 PM

Intersting to see who immediately posted in this thread. The comments were a little predictable, but interesting nonetheless.

It's not interesting at all, Angela Lansbury.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 21, 2012, 05:16:44 PM

If polygamists came forward and demanded the same "civil right", would you be in favor of that, too?

Yes.

Also, just because people want something doesn't mean it's their right to have it. We have a funny way of doing things in this country, everything seems to be a "right" these days.

Is the issue about a "right" being claimed by some group or about equal treatment under the law?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 21, 2012, 05:17:50 PM

Intersting to see who immediately posted in this thread. The comments were a little predictable, but interesting nonetheless.

It's not interesting at all, Angela Lansbury.

I was not actually referring to you, but I guess you include yourself?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 21, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

I was the first to respond to the thread, your quote was "interesting to see who immediately posted in this thread". Not hard to see how I arrived at my conclusion now is it?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 21, 2012, 05:29:31 PM

I was the first to respond to the thread, your quote was "interesting to see who immediately posted in this thread". Not hard to see how I arrived at my conclusion now is it?

well, I was not referring to you.  I should have been clearer.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 21, 2012, 06:06:44 PM

well, I was not referring to you.  I should have been clearer.

Probably was a preemptive strike, though ...

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 21, 2012, 06:10:19 PM

Yes.

His line's probably where most open minded people's are on something like this .... children and animals (to be inclusive of all non-humans).

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 21, 2012, 06:34:00 PM

Yes.

His line's probably where most open minded people's are on something like this .... children and animals (to be inclusive of all non-humans).

So you're saying that if you don't support gay marriage, or polygamy, you're close minded? Interesting. How about if you support morals, where does that leave you?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 21, 2012, 06:35:56 PM

Yes.

So you're saying that if you don't support gay marriage, or polygamy, you're close minded? Interesting. How about if you support morals, where does that leave you?

I don't know about "supporting," but comparing the two (homosexuality and polygamy) is pretty odd.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 21, 2012, 06:47:49 PM

IMO they are both lifestyle choices. Some argue that homosexuals are born that way, until there's definitive proof that's the case I will continue to believe it's a choice.

Regardless of whether it's a choice or not (polygamists can easily say the same thing, I was born NEEDING to marry more than one person), my point is that you can't single out one group of people and say, "it's okay for you to marry whoever you want", and then completely ignore another faction of society that has their own interpretation of what marriage is. If we're to allow one group to have their way, why not all groups? It's a slippery slope and if gay marriage becomes legal nationally you can bet your ass the polygamists are the next group we'll be hearing from. They'll get their wish too, because at that point the politicians will have already used the gay community for votes, and will be in search of the next group of people they can "help out".

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 21, 2012, 06:52:12 PM

IMO they are both lifestyle choices. Some argue that homosexuals are born that way, until there's definitive proof that's the case I will continue to believe it's a choice.

Regardless of whether it's a choice or not (polygamists can easily say the same thing, I was born NEEDING to marry more than one person), my point is that you can't single out one group of people and say, "it's okay for you to marry whoever you want", and then completely ignore another faction of society that has their own interpretation of what marriage is. If we're to allow one group to have their way, why not all groups? It's a slippery slope and if gay marriage becomes legal nationally you can bet your ass the polygamists are the next group we'll be hearing from. They'll get their wish too, because at that point the politicians will have already used the gay community for votes, and will be in search of the next group of people they can "help out".

wow

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 21, 2012, 06:56:57 PM

::)

If you don't agree, state why.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#28 : May 21, 2012, 06:58:46 PM

" Some argue that homosexuals are born that way,until there's definitive proof that's the case I will continue to believe it's a choice"

So, you're only straight because it was a choice you made?

Hmm...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 21, 2012, 07:04:35 PM

" Some argue that homosexuals are born that way,until there's definitive proof that's the case I will continue to believe it's a choice"

So, you're only straight because it was a choice you made?

Hmm...

This debate has been had countless times and I'll answer how I always answer. I'm straight because that's how we're designed. God (I know that's a fairy tale to you) didn't have an off day when he created a man and a women, he didn't think "oops I forgot to make each sex capable of reproducing with their own kind". People can make all kinds of choices for themselves, and there are always going to be those who will spin something to fit their agenda, but at the end of the day a man and a woman is the only natural fit and that will always remain true.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools