Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#15 : May 21, 2012, 12:25:38 PM

I'm not convinced Dallas Clark is/was all that great

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 21, 2012, 12:27:55 PM

I'm not convinced Kellen Winslow is/was all that great ... at least Dallas will practice with his teammates...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 21, 2012, 12:33:16 PM

Would be a great signing. For one, he wouldn't automatically be Freeman's lock target, and would force him to scan the field.

Having Vjax as the #1 option ( in lieu of Williams) all by itself will help that problem. Williams dogged it last year and/or LOLSEN's poor showing as OC contributed mightily to Freeman's problems.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#18 : May 21, 2012, 12:47:36 PM

Just saw Schefter report on ESPN that Clark was in for a visit last week and could possibly be signed this week. This is the first I'm hearing of this.
The only thing I worry about is how much he can stay on the field. He has had multiple concussions and it doesn't take much to knock him silly. Other than that he is a great TE.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 21, 2012, 12:53:46 PM

I'm not convinced Kellen Winslow is/was all that great ... at least Dallas will practice with his teammates...

He might practice but in half of the games the last 2 years he hasn't played in the game. Swapping K2 for Clark is a silly swap because both are the same pass catching, no blocking, WR as TE player. The difference is that K2 has been semi-productive the last 2 years and Clark hasn't.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#20 : May 21, 2012, 12:57:42 PM

He might practice but in half of the games the last 2 years he hasn't played in the game. Swapping K2 for Clark is a silly swap because both are the same pass catching, no blocking, WR as TE player. The difference is that K2 has been semi-productive the last 2 years and Clark hasn't.
They may be trying to get rid of Freeman's crutch. Maybe if he doesn't have K2 he can start getting other players involved.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 21, 2012, 01:01:35 PM

They may be trying to get rid of Freeman's crutch. Maybe if he doesn't have K2 he can start getting other players involved.

Freeman and K2 had a bad relationship on the field but the problem there isn't K2...it is freeman. If K2 whines too much for the ball, Freeman has to be the man and throw where it needs to go and lead. If K2 is a crutch then Freeman needs to see the field better. Getting rid of K2 won't change either problem.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#22 : May 21, 2012, 01:12:17 PM

Freeman and K2 had a bad relationship on the field but the problem there isn't K2...it is freeman. If K2 whines too much for the ball, Freeman has to be the man and throw where it needs to go and lead. If K2 is a crutch then Freeman needs to see the field better. Getting rid of K2 won't change either problem.
Somewhat agree.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 21, 2012, 01:13:11 PM

Last year is a throw away because Curtis Painter was a joke.  Dallas can be every bit as productive as Winslow , and he comes with a MUCH better team attitude.  Practicing with the team on a regular basis is more important than just the right attitude, though . I firmly believe that Freeman and Winslow suffered from timing issues at times because of how little Winslow practiced.  I'm all for this swap if it happens.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 21, 2012, 01:23:51 PM

New sheriff in town.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucball1

Rookie
#25 : May 21, 2012, 01:23:54 PM

It was dumb to announce that winslow is no longer. Wanted in Tampa because now you have no trade value what so ever teams will just wait for him to be released .
An plus on top of that Clark is washed up another product of Payton Manning without him he ain't **CENSORED** another none blocking tightend

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 21, 2012, 01:27:12 PM

I have no evidence besides my eyeballs but I believe Freeman went to Winslow so much because he was the only one that ran crisp routes and could be relied upon to be in the right spot when Free couldn't scan the field because the OL was blown up

freddy

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 21, 2012, 01:28:39 PM

It was dumb to announce that winslow is no longer. Wanted in Tampa because now you have no trade value what so ever teams will just wait for him to be released .
An plus on top of that Clark is washed up another product of Payton Manning without him he ain't **CENSORED** another none blocking tightend

Not really. I know this is the popular thought by many fans when things like this happen but Tampa has been trying to trade K2 since before the draft. If there was any value it would have been found by now. If anything, this is a last ditch effort to get a team to offer a 6th or 7th rounder for him to prevent other teams from getting him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 21, 2012, 01:30:19 PM

It was dumb to announce that winslow is no longer  Wanted in Tampa

are you calling KW2 dumb?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 21, 2012, 01:57:24 PM

If we get any value for K2 we will be lucky and thats was before we even brought in Clark. K2 is damaged goods, you think other NFL teams don't know that ?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools