Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#165 : May 22, 2012, 04:52:45 PM

Idk if this was already mentioned but how does Dallas Clark rate as a blocking TE (since we are going to primarily be a running team)?

thanks

Won't matter. Clark will be in the slot and Stocker will be the Main TE. Fans will really like Stocker if he can stay healthy.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#166 : May 22, 2012, 06:17:03 PM

I hope you are right.  I am all for giving the guy a year or two to develop.  And if he produces up to original expectations that would be great.  In many ways, I like the Stocker conversations that have arisen out of this recent trade/signing.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#167 : May 22, 2012, 06:59:49 PM

The guy just gets it done.  He's the Anti-Winslow .

Winslow has significantly outperformed Clark over the past two seasons

It has nothing to do with the fact that Freeman used Winslow like a junkie uses crystal meth or anything now would it?
That's very possible, but Winslow was also able to put on a uniform in 15 more games than Clark was able to the past two seasons.

Only way Winslow stays "healthy" and on the field is by refusing to ever practice during the week except for a little while on Thursday. Of course , it's also the reason he and Freeman struggled with thier timing on a consistent basis last season.

BTW: I'll take Dallas' injury history , all which have currently healed , over WInslow knee - which is degenerative and only getting worse every season - and will never totally heal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#168 : May 22, 2012, 07:24:44 PM

Dallas Clark won't likely we a #1 target here that plays every snap. They are going to try and use Stocker a lot and Clark will be used in certain packages. This should lower his chances of getting injured. As far as him being washed up...I don't see it. I think he'll be a huge asset on and off the field. May only be for a couple years, but he's not washed up yet. His best season was just two years ago and if he hadn't missed so many games the last two seasons from wrist and foot injuries, he'd probably still have been a top 5 TE in the league. Bottom line is his injuries haven't been things that will effect him permanently, like a ACL/MCL or Achilles. If he can stay healthy he can still be a great player. I'm not buying that this is a downgrade from Winslow for a second. Not in anyway is Winslow > Clark.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#169 : May 22, 2012, 07:27:52 PM

Dallas Clark won't likely we a #1 target here that plays every snap. They are going to try and use Stocker a lot and Clark will be used in certain packages. This should lower his chances of getting injured. As far as him being washed up...I don't see it. I think he'll be a huge asset on and off the field. May only be for a couple years, but he's not washed up yet. His best season was just two years ago and if he hadn't missed so many games the last two seasons from wrist and foot injuries, he'd probably still have been a top 5 TE in the league. Bottom line is his injuries haven't been things that will effect him permanently, like a ACL/MCL or Achilles. If he can stay healthy he can still be a great player. I'm not buying that this is a downgrade from Winslow for a second. Not in anyway is Winslow > Clark.

Good post.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#170 : May 22, 2012, 08:12:36 PM

... I'm not buying that this is a downgrade from Winslow for a second. Not in anyway is Winslow > Clark.
You need to go back and watch tape, Clark doesn't push off like Winslow.   ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#171 : May 22, 2012, 08:45:05 PM

Too funny

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools