Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow on Sirius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 21, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »

Winslow was our only real offensive threat the past couple seasons.

humor is always appreciated, thanks.

Before Blount and MW got here he was are only weapon. He is expendable now.

Supreme

Starter

« #16 : May 21, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »

I'm not the biggest Winslow fan, but what does he really have to prove in practice? We know his knees are almost completely shot. Do we really want him wasting what little cartilage he has left running routes in June? He shows up on game days. If they cut him, I want it to be because they think he can't bring it on Sunday anymore, not because he can't go in training camp.

Nailed it.

trollslayer

Second String

« #17 : May 21, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »

clark seems the better fit than K2 under the schiano regime and we have plenty of weapons now so i dont see a big drop-off between clark and K2 and he may end up being a better target than gimme gimme K2

Super Selmon

Starter
« #18 : May 21, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »

Dallas Clark is NOT an upgrade to Kellen Winslow. I am all for moving on from Winslow, but we need his replacement first.  Hopefully that player is all ready on our roster if we do indeed trade or cut KW.

I do applaud Coach Shianos' resolve involving ( ME FIRST ) type players. TJAX now KW ?   Who will be next ?  If I'm Dezmon I will not missing any practice time going forward.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #19 : May 21, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »

I'm not the biggest Winslow fan, but what does he really have to prove in practice? We know his knees are almost completely shot. Do we really want him wasting what little cartilage he has left running routes in June? He shows up on game days. If they cut him, I want it to be because they think he can't bring it on Sunday anymore, not because he can't go in training camp.

Nailed it.

He's a vet, should have at least been there.  Getting familiar with the offense. Wonder if the riff with Freeman last year was a major cause. If I remember correctly didn't we try to trade him during the draft? Maybe Winslow saw the writing on the wall and said F it, I'm going to take the OTAs off until I'm with my new team.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #20 : May 21, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL
Winslow said Bucs were upset he wasn't working out with them this offseason. Thinks he has a lot left. Caught 75 for 763 last year.

Gonna replay the Kellen Winslow interview right now on @SiriusXMNFL channel 88 if you want to hear what he said for yourself.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bucs recently worked out free agent TE Dallas Clark, and are "expected to try to make a move on him this week."
The news comes on the same day Kellen Winslow says he's been informed he's out in Tampa. Clark would be a much better culture fit than Winslow under new coach Greg Schiano, but appeared to have much less left in the tank last season. Nevertheless, he should be penciled in as the starter if signed. Clark has also visited the Patriots and Chiefs.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

trollslayer

Second String

« #21 : May 21, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »

K2 was also chomping at the bit for chudzinski to be the new HC that may have had some repercussions

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 21, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »

Winslow said Bucs were upset he wasn't working out with them this offseason. Thinks he has a lot left. Caught 75 for 763 last year.

Gonna replay the Kellen Winslow interview right now on @SiriusXMNFL channel 88 if you want to hear what he said for yourself.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bucs recently worked out free agent TE Dallas Clark, and are "expected to try to make a move on him this week."
The news comes on the same day Kellen Winslow says he's been informed he's out in Tampa. Clark would be a much better culture fit than Winslow under new coach Greg Schiano, but appeared to have much less left in the tank last season. Nevertheless, he should be penciled in as the starter if signed. Clark has also visited the Patriots and Chiefs.

Anyone got a link to the interview?

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 21, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »

Peace, Kellen.

Hopefully we can actually get something for him...

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 21, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »

I think we should get rid of Winslow because he is not worth his contract anymore.

If he can re-do his contract let him stay but we are dumb for paying him top 5 TE money.

bashear

Hall of Famer

« #25 : May 21, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »

Peace, Kellen.

A 7th?

trollslayer

Second String

« #26 : May 21, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »

Peace, Kellen.

hopefully a late round 2013 pick or some defensive help it would be nice to recoup that 2nd rounder we gave up but that isnt gonna happen

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #27 : May 21, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »

I'll take a basket of day old onion rings for him.

This is how you brighten up a Monday. Happy Monday fellas. 

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #28 : May 21, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »

maybe the Bears will reconsider and trade kellen davis straight up for kellen winslow?  gotta have a dream.

sure would love to hear why we didnt make a play for another TE over the offseason.  i dont see this release being a surprise to the front office.  maybe they really like stocker, pianalto and coffman...but i cant believe that.  really odd that we didnt make a play for guys like martellus bennett or kellen davis. both big athletic young guys that block.  bennetts twitter i have to assume kept him away.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 21, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »

sure would love to hear why we didnt make a play for another TE over the offseason.  i dont see this release being a surprise to the front office. 
Agreed.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow on Sirius « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools