Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow on Sirius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

trollslayer

Second String

« #30 : May 21, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »

maybe the Bears will reconsider and trade kellen davis straight up for kellen winslow?  gotta have a dream.

sure would love to hear why we didnt make a play for another TE over the offseason.  i dont see this release being a surprise to the front office.  maybe they really like stocker, pianalto and coffman...but i cant believe that.  really odd that we didnt make a play for guys like martellus bennett or kellen davis. both big athletic young guys that block.  bennetts twitter i have to assume kept him away.
we did draft drake dunsmore as well who looks like a hybrid TE/RB lets wait and see how he pans out too

YReceiver14

Starter

« #31 : May 21, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »

I think we should get rid of Winslow because he is not worth his contract anymore.

If he can re-do his contract let him stay but we are dumb for paying him top 5 TE money.

According to Rotoworld, all guarantees have been paid already.

Also per Rotoworld:

2012: $3.3 million, 2013: $4.5 million, 2014: $5.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

Overpaying, to be sure.  And it's not like I was a Winslow fan, but a weak TE group seems to be getting weaker from this move.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 21, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »

I kinda saw this coming, as Winslow never practiced or really seemed to learn the playbook LAST season, so why would he be interested in learning a new one this year?
     Going forward, having ALL his receivers running the right routes while NOT drawing penalties should keep our offense on the field longer and accelerate Josh Freeman's development...

magicbuc

Second String
« #33 : May 21, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »

He will be hard to trade now though.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #34 : May 21, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Well it's the right move, but the team isn't handling it very well.  Their leverage to trade the player is gone, and they don't have a viable replacement.

Sunny, Boid, and Tatman won't be happy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 21, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

You are next Briscoe !!! Bums who don't show up to practice are not Buccaneer men.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #36 : May 21, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »

we did draft drake dunsmore as well who looks like a hybrid TE/RB lets wait and see how he pans out too

im all about giving him a chance, but 7th rounder is more of a PS guy or ST's early in his career.  im not holding my breath on him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #37 : May 21, 2012, 11:22:39 AM »

Well it's the right move, but the team isn't handling it very well.  Their leverage to trade the player is gone, and they don't have a viable replacement.

i wonder if KW2 was supposed to keep his lid shut?  or possibly the Bucs gauged interest in KW2 during the draft and came away with very little interest.  it happens, but its odd the team let the player break the news. 

my guess is they wanted to be upfront and honest with him and he wanted to break the news.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #38 : May 21, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »

I HOPE SO

LMAO......someone is standing outside my office wondering what the hell i'm laughing at. GREAT stuff!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

« #39 : May 21, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »

I'm definitely happy with this move.  His on field demeanor was unacceptable last season.  We don't need this guy around the young players, especially Freeman. 

MarineBuc

Starter

« #40 : May 21, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »

No tears from me on this one. A few quick ramblings:

Seems to me that Schiano was very stand up about...called him personally and told him.

K2 has ZERO trade value now that the cat is out of the bag...although I doubt he much trade value even before this came out.

TE is now a position of need rather than an asset now...Dallas Clark may be the answer for a year...two at best...the Bucs had better get serious in either developing Stocker or draft a long term solution in the very near future.

There truly is a "New World Order" at One Buc

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #41 : May 21, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »

I'm surprised a little, but after the talks of the Bucs trying to trade him to the Bears, I always felt it was a possibility. I've always said it would be dumb to get rid of him if we didnt have a better TE than him to replace him. We still don't. However, I would love the Dallas Clark signing.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #42 : May 21, 2012, 11:42:04 AM »

Per PFT:

In a move that could spark a fight under the CBA, a league source tells PFT that the Buccaneers have instructed tight end Kellen Winslow not to show up for Organized Team Activities as the team tries to trade him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/21/bucs-tell-winslow-not-to-come-to-otas/

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #43 : May 21, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »

I'm a Kellen Winslow fan, but if the team wants to move in a different direction, wish him well, hope the Niners want to trade Patrick Willis for him and move on.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #44 : May 21, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »

Completely mishandled.

If Schiano was planning on moving on from K2 he should have cut him in February and pursued a FA TE or drafted one.

Replacing a slowing K2 with a 100% washed up Dallas Clark would be a mistake as well.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow on Sirius « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools