Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY'S OTA AT ONE BUC PLACE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« : May 22, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

Here are some of the highlights from Tuesday's OTA (organized team activity), which was open to the media:

• The following high-profile players were not at the voluntary OTA practice on Tuesday: SS Mark Barron, CB Eric Wright, DT Brian Price and WR Dezmon Briscoe. Briscoe was at practice on Monday and Bucs head coach Greg Schiano indicated that he has been in communication with Briscoe and that apparently he is in the loop with the wide receiver. Schiano also reiterated that OTAs are voluntary.

• Cody Grimm was alongside Ronde Barber running first-team strong safety in place of Barron.

• E.J. Biggers continued to start at right cornerback, especially due to Wright’s absence. Anthony Gaitor continued to be nickel cornerback ahead of Myron Lewis.

• Rennie Curran continued to start at weakside linebacker ahead of rookie Lavonte David.

• New tight end Dallas Clark looked fluid in his second day of practice with Tampa Bay.

• The passing game was out of sorts with Josh Freeman and the receivers not connecting on many big plays. There were some overthrows on Freeman’s part and some drops by the receivers.

• Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams were the first-team receivers with Preston Parker and Sammie Stroughter running with the second team. Arrelious Benn and Ed Gant were running third team.

• Bucs head coach Greg Schiano didn't want to talk about Kellen Winslow or the decisions that went into trading him to Seattle.

Stay tuned for much more insight, analysis and in-depth observations from PewterReport.com from today’s OTA practice later this afternoon.

« : May 22, 2012, 01:22:20 PM PewterReportSR »

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

« #1 : May 22, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »

Sounds like Benn is in the doghouse. Why else would he be running with the 3rd stringers?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #2 : May 22, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »

Any reason why Barron wasn't there?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 22, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »

Making the Rookies earn their spots, I like it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #4 : May 22, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »

Any reason why Barron wasn't there?
Voluntary.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #5 : May 22, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »

Not panicking about players missing OTAs.  If it becomes habit, I don't like it, but I also feel like these guys shouldn't have to explain every time they miss to us.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 22, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

...but I also feel like these guys shouldn't have to explain every time they miss to us.

But...  The fact that they do...  Indicates just how "mandatory" these meaningless little "voluntary" things are, huh?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 22, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »

Reading this message board is supposedly voluntary, but I just can't seem to stop...lol.

nmkinley

Starter
« #8 : May 22, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »

People have families and personal issues.  Out of 90 guys, there will almost always be a handful who can't make it to 'voluntary' practices.  Obviously, it's in their best interests to be there.  Good test of priorities...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 22, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »

"The passing game was out of sorts with Josh Freeman and the receivers not connecting on many big plays. There were some overthrows on Freeman’s part and some drops by the receivers."

This was the case before the season last year...hopefully it isnt a sign of things to come in training camp and throughout the season.

Josh Freeman will either be revealed as the franchise guy we all hope for...or exposed as a player who may never be "the guy".

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 22, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »

"The passing game was out of sorts with Josh Freeman and the receivers not connecting on many big plays. There were some overthrows on Freeman’s part and some drops by the receivers."

This was the case before the season last year...hopefully it isnt a sign of things to come in training camp and throughout the season.

Josh Freeman will either be revealed as the franchise guy we all hope for...or exposed as a player who may never be "the guy".

To be fair, Freeman had some bad practices here and there two summers ago as well. 

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 22, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »

Sounds like Benn is in the doghouse. Why else would he be running with the 3rd stringers?

Because he stinks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 22, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »

To be fair, Freeman had some bad practices here and there two summers ago as well.

I mean, I dont think what I said was unfair. Last year is the most recent evidence that we have on Freeman so it is somewhat relevant to where he stands today. Personally, I think he will bounce back...but last year can't be completely ignored because a lot of his problems were mental lapses and we will not know if that is completely corrected until September...so its still something to be mildly concerned about.

PewterG@tor

Starter
« #13 : May 22, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »

I mean, I dont think what I said was unfair. Last year is the most recent evidence that we have on Freeman so it is somewhat relevant to where he stands today. Personally, I think he will bounce back...but last year can't be completely ignored because a lot of his problems were mental lapses and we will not know if that is completely corrected until September...so its still something to be mildly concerned about.

Yeah, Schiano didn't exactly give Freeman a ringing endorsement the last time he talked to the media.  He souded like he wasn't too impressed with his progression so far.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 22, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »

I still find it curious Curran is running ahead of last season's b/u to Geno Hayes, Adam Hayward...
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY'S OTA AT ONE BUC PLACE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools