Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY'S OTA AT ONE BUC PLACE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #15 : May 22, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

Sounds like Benn is in the doghouse. Why else would he be running with the 3rd stringers?

Benn will come on later in camp when contact starts.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #16 : May 22, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »

Any reason why Barron wasn't there?

School?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 22, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »

I still find it curious Curran is running ahead of last season's b/u to Geno Hayes, Adam Hayward...

Hayward has never been much as a LBer. Great STer though. Curran could be a find.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 22, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »

I still find it curious Curran is running ahead of last season's b/u to Geno Hayes, Adam Hayward...

Hayward has never been much as a LBer. Great STer though. Curran could be a find.

This is my hope!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : May 23, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »

Some are in denial, but I think Parker and Stroughter are near locks to make the roster.  Both are utility guys on 3rd down situations, and they are also special teams players.  The loser of the Benn vs Briscoe battle is pretty much sent packing, and Gant does have an outside shot though.

Brianpie2

Second String

« #20 : May 23, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »

Some are in denial, but I think Parker and Stroughter are near locks to make the roster.  Both are utility guys on 3rd down situations, and they are also special teams players.  The loser of the Benn vs Briscoe battle is pretty much sent packing, and Gant does have an outside shot though.

I wouldn't be opposed to this.  Stroughter is an outstanding route runner and provides some kick return depth.  I have always liked Stroughter but he just isn't fast or big enough to be a top 3 WR on a team.  But keeping him as a #4 is exactly where he should excel.  He is more quick then fast and like I said his route running is amazing.

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

« #21 : May 23, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »

"The passing game was out of sorts with Josh Freeman and the receivers not connecting on many big plays. There were some overthrows on Freeman’s part and some drops by the receivers."

This was the case before the season last year...hopefully it isnt a sign of things to come in training camp and throughout the season.

Josh Freeman will either be revealed as the franchise guy we all hope for...or exposed as a player who may never be "the guy".

Agreed. This little "trend" is becoming somewhat troubling. Especially considering how much work he has supposedly been putting in.

(I fully understand it's only May, so please no Chicken Little comments.)

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #22 : May 23, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »

Stroughter and Parker are the slot guys. That is likely why they lined up as the "2nd team". Probably were going slot WRs vs. slot CBs and Benn was exactly where you'd think he'd be backing up Jackson and Williams.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 23, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »

Any reason why Barron wasn't there?
Voluntary.
Pretty sure he is a gradating senior this year. He most likely went back to Alabama just like Luck did.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 23, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »

Ryan, I hadn't thought of that, but I think that's a good, possible explanation. If true, I hope Benn is also getting work in the slot since Jackson, Williams and Benn is the most explosive trio of Buc WRs. Taking that a step further, I wonder if Wright was playing with the second team because they envision him covering the slot receivers frequently and wanted him to man up against Parker and Stroughter.

I also wouldn't put too much into the current depth charts. My initial reaction was that Schiano was using it as a way to send a message that you're not given anything; just because we traded up for you in the second round (Benn, David) or just because we signed you to a big deal (Wright), you still need to prove yourself in practice.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #25 : May 23, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

"The passing game was out of sorts with Josh Freeman and the receivers not connecting on many big plays. There were some overthrows on Freeman’s part and some drops by the receivers."

This was the case before the season last year...hopefully it isnt a sign of things to come in training camp and throughout the season.

Josh Freeman will either be revealed as the franchise guy we all hope for...or exposed as a player who may never be "the guy".

I completely agree with you on the Bucs finding out whether or not Free's "the guy", but I also believe that too many of us are equating wins & losses in direct proportion to "is Freeman a true Franchise QB"...

It's kind of equivalent to Morgan's question on wins & losses.

If we only win 7 games - does that give us a clear sign that Freeman's NOT "the guy"...?

I say no.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #26 : May 23, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »

Stroughter and Parker are the slot guys. That is likely why they lined up as the "2nd team". Probably were going slot WRs vs. slot CBs and Benn was exactly where you'd think he'd be backing up Jackson and Williams.

If Benn isn't a slot guy, isn't a special teams returner, or a gunner what is he depth?  Like I said that Benn is competing with Briscoe,or possibly Gant to be a depth guy at flanker.  Briscoe has shown he can handle playing split end and slot as well, so Benn has to rise to the challenge to make this team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #27 : May 23, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »

Sounds like Benn is in the doghouse. Why else would he be running with the 3rd stringers?

Because he stinks.

He's definitely no Stovall

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Havok904

Pro Bowler

« #28 : May 23, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »

People are reading way too much in voluntary OTAs....

Some guys are even predicting the rosters already...and that's even before training camp,  the next wave of free agents, and  roster cut downs...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 23, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »

It is my belief that what you see at OTA's, more than likely you will see with the opening of training camp.  There may be a few changes here and there, but for the most part I think what you see is what you get.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HIGHLIGHTS FROM TUESDAY'S OTA AT ONE BUC PLACE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools