Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the fussing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: May 23, 2012, 09:34:25 PM

Been reading and not posting on these boards a lot lately... Why all the fuss in the media and on these boards about Schiano and discipline? Will it be ok, will it not, Winslow this and that, tjax this and that, college vs. pro players and a perceived disconnect with Schiano and the professional game... So on and so forth...

I get it's the offseason but God damn will everyone (including the media) chill the hell out... You cried when we were undisciplined as a football team and when there was no connection to the local community.... Now you cry when there is too much discipline and an effort to reconnect with the community

Can the Bucs play a game first?

I get I am speaking to a minority of fans, but most of the articles I've read in the media paint Schiano as a nut job. Detailed for no reason... Well how about just being professional? Schiano is installing details like, being on time for a meeting? And standing on a line at practice? Really?

Bucs fans wake the **CENSORED** up and realize we finally have a coach that can manage young men and mold them into professionals.

End rant.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 23, 2012, 09:39:24 PM

The honest answer IMHO, especially from those of us who watched it happen. As of right now, there are a lot of similarities between Ray Perkins and Bill Belichick when it comes to his discipline approach. Until we see some on the field results,read wins, there will be people on both sides. Now I'm certainly not calling him Belichick or Perkins, just comparing how they are similar discipline enforcers but had totally opposite results.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 23, 2012, 09:48:04 PM

Well then my argument will be to shut the hell up until a game is played... Hate to be so brash and rude about it but to instantly just write everything off from the get go makes no sense whatsoever. Just because perkins was bad and belicheck was good doesnt mean jack to me. Coughlin is a good coach. Tomlin is no nonsense, he is a good coach. How about the chin, bill cowher? Dungy to a certain degree, though he worked with his players. To critique a coach who is by all estimations of every fan, the polar opposite of our last unsuccessful coach makes no sense to me. Reserve judgment until the season starts if you're a skeptic.

Until then why over analyze every Little situation?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 23, 2012, 09:57:42 PM

Well then my argument will be to shut the hell up until a game is played...
Well, if that's the way you feel lead the way.  I don't think I would have missed a thread entitled "I hope tbc bucs posts insults on the board today." 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

freddy

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 23, 2012, 10:15:43 PM

Well then my argument will be to shut the hell up until a game is played... Hate to be so brash and rude about it but to instantly just write everything off from the get go makes no sense whatsoever. Just because perkins was bad and belicheck was good doesnt mean jack to me. Coughlin is a good coach. Tomlin is no nonsense, he is a good coach. How about the chin, bill cowher? Dungy to a certain degree, though he worked with his players. To critique a coach who is by all estimations of every fan, the polar opposite of our last unsuccessful coach makes no sense to me. Reserve judgment until the season starts if you're a skeptic.

You are preaching to the choir with me buddy. I too have called out people for being overly negative. I haven't started threads and screamed at people about it, but none the less I'm on your side. My answer above was just my opinion as to why some folks may be worried.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 23, 2012, 10:37:31 PM

The media doesn't like how secretive Schiano is most likely, and they have to work harder to write stories....aawww poor babies. :(.  It is as simple as that, and the media in the New England area puts up with BB's cryptic talk in infinite loops is because he wins games.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 23, 2012, 10:39:47 PM

The media doesn't like how secretive Schiano is most likely, and they have to work harder to write stories....aawww poor babies. :(.  It is as simple as that, and the media in the New England area puts up with BB's cryptic talk in infinite loops is because he wins games.

If you didn't know the players or coach's name and read Schiano's response to the Winslow trade question, I'm sure the vast majority of the NFL world have accredit it to BB.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 23, 2012, 10:45:21 PM

Haha.

It sounded more like what Parcells would say, but Parcells says it with some snark.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 23, 2012, 11:35:16 PM

Been reading and not posting on these boards a lot lately... Why all the fuss in the media and on these boards about Schiano and discipline? Will it be ok, will it not, Winslow this and that, tjax this and that, college vs. pro players and a perceived disconnect with Schiano and the professional game... So on and so forth...

I get it's the offseason but God damn will everyone (including the media) chill the hell out... You cried when we were undisciplined as a football team and when there was no connection to the local community.... Now you cry when there is too much discipline and an effort to reconnect with the community

I get I am speaking to a minority of fans, but most of the articles I've read in the media paint Schiano as a nut job. Detailed for no reason... Well how about just being professional? Schiano is installing details like, being on time for a meeting? And standing on a line at practice? Really?

Bucs fans wake the **CENSORED** up and realize we finally have a coach that can manage young men and mold them into professionals.

End rant.

I have not seen a tjax thread in quite some time. So your off base there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 23, 2012, 11:43:43 PM

End rant.

I have not seen a tjax thread in quite some time. So your off base there.

Talking about the totality of the regime this offseason

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 23, 2012, 11:45:38 PM

You are preaching to the choir with me buddy. I too have called out people for being overly negative. I haven't started threads and screamed at people about it, but none the less I'm on your side. My answer above was just my opinion as to why some folks may be worried.

I feel ya and I read it that way... I was talking to people who think that way.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 23, 2012, 11:46:40 PM

Well then my argument will be to shut the hell up until a game is played...
Well, if that's the way you feel lead the way.  I don't think I would have missed a thread entitled "I hope tbc bucs posts insults on the board today."

I'll lead the way, by forming an informed opinion when games are played.
: May 23, 2012, 11:55:18 PM TbC_Bucs

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 24, 2012, 12:34:16 PM

QFT

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 24, 2012, 12:46:07 PM

I have never been sold on hiring a college coach.  I think that it is a bad move by the Glazers and our rebuild will be going on 6 years when all is said and done.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 24, 2012, 12:58:06 PM

End rant.

You've been around this BB to have answered this. The Bucs are damned if they do and damned if they don't in most Bucs fans eyes IMO.  Outside of the Super Bowl season you'll find it here. Even in the Super Bowl year there was the debate of Grudens team vs Dungy's team. 

I haven't seen anything that indicates that Schiano's approach thus far is detrimental to the team in the way Perkins was. Schiano's approach is no different from the Ditka, Cowher and Coughlin run their teams. I will agree that media and fans alike need to step back and let the team building process continue to form. 

At least with Schiano around the inmates won't be ruling the asylum. Hopefully that will result in more than 4 wins. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the fussing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools