Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow calls Seattle “a perfect fit” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 24, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »

Winslow calls Seattle “a perfect fit”

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
 PFT

New Seahawks tight end Kellen Winslow has had time to do little other than unpack his bags in Seattle, but he says that after meeting briefly with head coach Pete Carroll, he knows he’s on the right team.

“It’s been great,” Winslow said on ESPN’s NFL 32. “It’s a perfect fit. Coach Carroll is upbeat, he’s energetic, so it’s going to be perfect. I’m looking forward to working with the whole team, Matt Flynn, Zach Miller, just being a piece of the puzzle.”

So why was Tampa Bay the wrong fit? Winslow said he sensed that new Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano didn’t think highly of him, and didn’t appreciate the fact that Winslow likes to work out on his own during the offseason rather than attend Organized Team Activities.

“I don’t want to say anything bad about coach Schiano,” Winslow said. “It just wasn’t a good fit, I guess. When a new regime comes in sometimes that’s what happens. That’s just what it is. Sometimes they want their guys that they think will fit the team and that’s what happens. And you know what? It worked out, for both sides. . . . I guess they didn’t feel comfortable with me not being there, but it worked out for the best for both sides.”

Carroll has already given Winslow the usual speech about the importance of competition, and Winslow bought what Carroll is selling.

“I can be myself out here — it’s going to be fun,” Winslow said. “I’m totally excited. Everybody’s real nice here and I’m excited to play for the 12th Man.”

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 24, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »

Perfect fit? He only has a 1,255 mile commute to work now from his home in San Diego. That should save him a little gas money.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #2 : May 24, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »

What???? A recently traded player claims his new team is a perfect fit......crazy!

At least he is allot closer to his night job DJing in Vegas, those cross country flights back to Tampa on the red eye for game day would have been murder.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 24, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »

The more I read from Winslow the more I dislike him. Its all about K2 in his mind. So glad he's gone. 

bibfortuna

Second String
« #4 : May 24, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »

I can understand that our 12th man was missing last year, but hey, that wasn't nice...

PewterG@tor

Starter
« #5 : May 24, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

This is the fourth time I paid the extra $$ for an authentic jersey and the player ends up sucking or leaving or both.  First was a Dilfer jersey, then a Ruud jersey, then Cadillac and now Winslow.  **CENSORED**, I'll just get a Quincy Black and see what happens.
« : May 25, 2012, 10:07:07 AM 3rd String Kicker »

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 24, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »

This is the fourth time I paid the extra $$ for an authentic jersey and the player ends up sucking or leaving or both.  First was a Dilfer jersey, then a Ruud jersey, then Cadillac and now Winslow.  F*ck it, I'll just get a Quincy Black and see what happens.

Sounds like a good experiment.

JohnBuc06

Starter

« #7 : May 24, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »

This is the fourth time I paid the extra $$ for an authentic jersey and the player ends up sucking or leaving or both.  First was a Dilfer jersey, then a Ruud jersey, then Cadillac and now Winslow.  F*ck it, I'll just get a Quincy Black and see what happens.

Good lord just please don't buy a Freeman/Jackson/Baron/insert current starter here jersey!!!   ;D

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #8 : May 24, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »

Good lord just please don't buy a Freeman/Jackson/Baron/insert current starter here jersey!!!   ;D

This

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 24, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »

grown men shouldn't be wearing another grown man's name on his back - have some self respect.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 24, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »

...it really has gone all dead for you hasn't it 'Morg?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 24, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »

That same B.S happened to me...I'll join you on the Q.B. experiment....double our chances of getting his sorry a$$ outta here.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 24, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »

grown men shouldn't be wearing another grown man's name on his back - have some self respect.
grown men also shouldn't think that they have all the answers of what other men should and shouldn't do, say, or wear...have some humility.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

PewterG@tor

Starter
« #13 : May 24, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »

That same B.S happened to me...I'll join you on the Q.B. experiment....double our chances of getting his sorry a$$ outta here.

He cannot possibly suck any more than he has so far.  Maybe he gets cut in training camp as I watch from the stands in my QB # 58 Buccaneers jersey

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 24, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

...it really has gone all dead for you hasn't it 'Morg?
I think he "lost it" when the Bucs went out and did the exact opposite of what he created 20 threads about happend. They used money. He was so sure they wouldnt. So sure that when they did he lost his sense. Now he's just a tool without any purpose in life.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow calls Seattle “a perfect fit” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools