Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good thing we didn't draft/sign/trade for Tim Tebow. Right Java? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« : May 24, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »

Tebow gets reps on punt team, looks shaky at quarterback at OTAs

Members of the New York media got their first look at Tim Tebow on the Jets’ practice field at today’s Organized Team Activities, and the general consensus is that as a quarterback, he’s one heck of a punt protector.

The Tebow obsession might have gotten a little bit out of control when some of the Jets beat writers were offering up live Twitter updates of Tebow’s interceptions during 7-on-7 drills, but those interceptions led to the general consensus that Tebow is having some growing pains in learning the Jets’ offense, and that he didn’t look as good passing the ball as Mark Sanchez.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Tebow said of throwing two interceptions. “But it’s 7-on-7. Those plays . . . were the first time I ran them. So I’ll learn from it. Honestly, it won’t bother me again. When you make the bad play, you got to put it behind you and move on. I felt like I did.”

Tebow also got reps on the punt team, where the Jets plan to use him as the personal protector, and he seems fine there, to the extent that you can tell anything about a guy’s ability to be a personal protector on the punt team when they’re practicing in shorts in May.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/24/tebow-gets-reps-on-punt-team-looks-shaky-at-quarterback-at-otas/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 24, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »

New York  fans will be calling for him as soon as Sanchez has a bad game.  Maybe as soon as Sanchez has a bad half.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 24, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »

New York  fans will be calling for him as soon as Sanchez has a bad game.  Maybe as soon as Sanchez has a bad half.
And after they have seen Tebow play they will be calling for a new quarterback in the draft.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #3 : May 24, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »

And after they have seen Tebow play they will be calling for a new quarterback in the draft.

QFT!!

-------------------------------------------------------

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 24, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »

People judging the impact a guy will have on a new team based on his play in 7 on 7 OTAs are just as ridiculous as the people reporting such nonsense in the first place.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 24, 2012, 11:51:33 PM »

...but...dont you guys know...?...Tebow is a "baller"...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 24, 2012, 11:52:39 PM »

...but...dont you guys know...?...Tebow is a "baller"...

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 25, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »

In before java says "I wish the Bucs would've got Tebow. I would've preferred him over Freeman" crap.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 25, 2012, 08:33:32 AM »

Tim Tebow always looks shaky in practice , he looks shaky in the first 3 quarters of a game also . Then the 4th quarter comes around and he calls on his demi-god super powers. Everyone knows this.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 25, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »

Tebow is a "baller"

You got that right!     The Bucs should invest some money and pay Tebow to come to Tampa and teach Freeman a few things.   (not that Freeman could ever be as good as Tebow)

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 25, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »

Having a QB as personal protector is a much bigger threat than any punter could be. Seems like a smart way to utilize his unique skillset. I would expect to see a lot of fakes in the preseason to emphasize that threat.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 25, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »

Having a QB as personal protector is a much bigger threat than any punter could be. Seems like a smart way to utilize his unique skillset. I would expect to see a lot of fakes in the preseason to emphasize that threat.

That's great, but a 4th and a 6th plus 9.7mil for that?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 25, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »

Yeah, that's probably the ONLY thing they'll ever use him for, genius.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 25, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

If Tebow isn't playing the true QB position, he's a failure. More than likely, he'll ride shanchez's coattails, just like he did with Denver's defense.

Tebow is going to be nothing but a constant 2nd stringer. Especially since a playoff caliber team believes they're better off without him.

Honestly, I think everyone is wasting their time talking about the guy. After his current stint with the Jets, he's not going to get anymore chances.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 25, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »

" Honestly,I think everyone is wasting their time talking about the guy. "

Quoted For Irony.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good thing we didn't draft/sign/trade for Tim Tebow. Right Java? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools