Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bygones" or Jail Time? What Punishment for a False Accusation? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
: May 25, 2012, 01:53:04 PM

A life partially destroyed and the alleged "victim" enriched:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11877259-california-high-school-football-star-cleared-of-rape-10-years-later?lite

He paid an unjust price. She got a ton of money. What now?

Smitty

Practice Squad

#1 : May 25, 2012, 03:41:34 PM

She should pay back every dime.. or go to jail. Maybe she could mow his grass...wash his car... clean his toilet... like forever.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 25, 2012, 03:45:20 PM

Perjury?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 25, 2012, 04:16:35 PM

She should pay back every dime.. or go to jail. Maybe she could mow his grass...wash his car... clean his toilet... like forever.

And go to jail.

I read this the other day and could not believe it. She wanted bygones be bygones? Sorry lady you just totally destroyed someones life. Then her greatest concern was to keep the tax payers money she screwed out of the system?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 25, 2012, 06:34:38 PM

Perjury?

Well this is where the flawed system comes in. The potential penalty was so high and the plea offer so relatively low that he accepted. No trial for her to perjure herself

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 25, 2012, 06:54:05 PM

I've always felt that if someone decides to falsely accuse someone of a crime, they should go to jail/prison for the exact amount of time the accused would have if convicted of the "crime".

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 25, 2012, 07:32:28 PM

Suspect there was sworn testimony taken during the civil trial.... where she got the 1.5 million

"According to documents in the case, she met with Banks and said she had lied, and she offered to help him clear his record.  But she later refused to repeat her statements to prosecutors because she was worried she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against the Long Beach Unified School District."

So yea, perjury charge(s) should be available.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 25, 2012, 08:12:26 PM

rape her

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 25, 2012, 08:16:02 PM

...j/k

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 25, 2012, 09:48:38 PM

Suspect there was sworn testimony taken during the civil trial.... where she got the 1.5 million

"According to documents in the case, she met with Banks and said she had lied, and she offered to help him clear his record.  But she later refused to repeat her statements to prosecutors because she was worried she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against the Long Beach Unified School District."

So yea, perjury charge(s) should be available.

You're right. Good point. I am sure it probably settled do there may not have been a trial but she may have been deposed. Good catch.
 I should add the prosecutions for civil perjury are almost nonexistent but they can happen and this is the perfect case as you correctly point out
: May 25, 2012, 09:52:19 PM VinBucFan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 26, 2012, 12:43:17 AM

Wreck ship, I think if nobody quotes your post you can still delete it. If I was you, I would.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 26, 2012, 03:58:33 AM

She deserves jail time, and it should be at least 5 years if not more. Cases like these can teach people lessons about lying.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 26, 2012, 05:28:39 AM

Damn! What an unbelievable story. That is pure evil.  I hope he catches on somewhere and gets to watch her downward spiral. I'm guessing the 1.8 million is long gone.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 26, 2012, 07:09:58 AM

Imagine letting someone go to jail based upon your testimony about an act that simply didn't occur - and then you also follow up with an civil action against a municipality... evil is an appropriate term..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 26, 2012, 10:03:35 AM

You figure you are detaining someone unjustly against their will - call it kidnapping. You "earned" your $1.5m based on false charges so that is fraud. In prison he likely was assaulted physically at least so you are now part of a criminal conspiracy to commit a felony....the beat goes on. She should be in jail w/o a doubt.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bygones" or Jail Time? What Punishment for a False Accusation? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools