Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Greg Schiano a Control Freak or a Psychopath or Just a Big Meanie? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Zellination

Starter

« : May 26, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »

I think that he will be found to be all or none of these, I think maybe we should give the guy a couple of years, hopefully he will warm up to the press,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I couldn't resist starting another thread about this HOT TOPIC!!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : May 27, 2012, 10:26:17 AM »

Is Greg Schiano a Control Freak or a Psychopath or Just a Big Meanie?

Your loaded question didn't get as much action as you thought it would (Hot Topic), did it?
Isn't that sort of like the question, "Do you still beat your wife" .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

« #2 : May 27, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »

for anybody that understands football... this is not a "hot topic"... he's coach with actual leadership skills... that's all.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 27, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »

flaitguy

Starter
« #4 : May 27, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

If they get to the playoffs, he is "Savior" and yes, I meant with a capital 'S'.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 27, 2012, 04:37:25 PM »

The rest of us wish you would have resisted. Are you to good to post in another thread? because the quality or content of your post certainly didnt justify it.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 27, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »

We'll find out after a season or two. In 2010 Raheem Morris's style was applauded by the pundits. The new coach who knows how to handle generation Yers by being their best buddy.....now Schiano is trying the other end of the discipline spectrum.

We'll see how this works.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 27, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »

Just win!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 27, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »

BucBalla85 - You college kids (Gen Yers) think the world revolves around you and you want your bosses to treat you like royalty in order to do what is asked of you.  How do you think this Über-disciplinarian Schiano will come across to these young players who are used to getting everything their way?

gone

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 27, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »

I was just going to roll my eyes but then I saw who made the thread and I just had to bump it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 27, 2012, 05:47:56 PM »

BucBalla85 - You college kids (Gen Yers) think the world revolves around you and you want your bosses to treat you like royalty in order to do what is asked of you.  How do you think this Über-disciplinarian Schiano will come across to these young players who are used to getting everything their way?

Just like any coach in this league. If you win your team will listen and buy in. If you don't win they tune you out. Also losing is a fast track to losing your job in this league. If you don't win you don't have long.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 27, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »

Riveting thread, A++, will read again.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : May 27, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »

Just like any coach in this league. If you win your team will listen and buy in. If you don't win they tune you out. Also losing is a fast track to losing your job in this league. If you don't win you don't have long.

It's very possible that this team won't win initially (6 wins in 2012 highly possible).....so you'd hate to see him lose the locker room as a strict disciplinarian.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 27, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »

I dunno Morgan. I think there are too many unknowns about this team right now to be overly optimistic or pessimistic. How will Freeman play? How will the first year HC do? How much of last year was coaching or talent on team? I'm sure we would have more questions if the team wins only 6 games this season. Let's hope some of those questions are answered.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : May 27, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »

How well the assistant coaches (coordinators) do will play a big role as well.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Greg Schiano a Control Freak or a Psychopath or Just a Big Meanie? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools