Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I believe in Blount Force! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : May 27, 2012, 10:31:38 AM

What I find interesting is that it was Boise State who Blount lost it against.    And now the Bucs have drafted Doug Martin from Boise State to replace Blount.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 27, 2012, 10:36:12 AM

And anyone that has played any sports knows if after you do beat a team whose player(s) talked too much before the game and taunt them with "nice ass whuppin' Mfer" you better be ready to for the reaction.  It isn't abnormal for a guy to not take such a comment poorly right after the game. 

So now, we have the beginnings of a good disagreement.  BUT - the point is how long are you going to ride the kid here on the buccaneer fan boards.  You appear to be doing it just to annoy folks because you know as well as anyone you point has been made.  And going a step farther, you stated this type of posting would dissipate with the change of coaches.

My question remains - how long before your negativity passes, on this player and other buccaneer players.  Or have you simply become so fond of the Java character that denigrates buccaneer players and fans that you can't stop?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 27, 2012, 10:43:21 AM

This guy is an active volcano just waiting to erupt.

And dont forget him hitting the Saints player in the face after the whistle.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 27, 2012, 10:53:20 AM

So you're thinking he is the only buccaneer, or player in the league, or player in the history of the league that has gotten in a fight during training camp?  Or his he the only buccaneer, or player in the league, or player in the history of the game who has pushed, shoved, or swung at a player in the heat of a game. 

So - since we know this kind of crap does happen, and we know the kid has a short fuse, and we know he is a buccaneer just how long do folks on this board have to put up with the repetitive denigration of the buccaneer player from a purported buccaneer fan.  I can't imagine there is a single person on this board who doesn't know you don't like Blount purportedly due to his actions in Oregon and Tennessee.  But you seize this player and others to criticize the team. 

So - I know the hiring of Raheem bothered you greatly and was the reason you used to criticize the bucs during his tenure.  You said if Raheem was gone that nonsense would abate.  My question remains - how long before your negativity passes, on this player and other buccaneer players.  Or have you simply become so fond of the Java character that denigrates buccaneer players and fans that you can't stop?
: May 27, 2012, 10:56:27 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 27, 2012, 10:57:22 AM

I've always wondered what that guy said to Blount to get that reaction.

He asked if he would be interested in learning pass protections.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 27, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

And I would add - if you just think Blount doesn't play well - trumpet that - but this character comparison crap is old as to this player.  He plays well, hard, and appears to want to succeed.  It is time for him to find a coach who can harness his misplaced energy into something productive.  Schiano and company might just be the opportunity for this kid to be special.   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 27, 2012, 11:26:37 AM

And anyone that has played any sports knows if after you do beat a team whose player(s) talked too much before the game and taunt them with "nice ass whuppin' Mfer" you better be ready to for the reaction.

I've played organized sports for many years and done a lot of trash talking and heard a lot as well.    Sure, after a game if I have trash talked prior, I will hear it from the opponents.   That's normal.   Have I ever had anyone attack me physically or have I ever attacked anyone physically?    No.      I've never even seen anyone physically attack someone like that for trash talk, especially a sucker punch to the jaw.   That was pure thug.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 27, 2012, 11:31:15 AM

Or have you simply become so fond of the Java character that denigrates buccaneer players and fans that you can't stop?

I do not like thugs.   In my mind, Blount is a thug.   There are a few guys on the team I think they should get rid of to move forward.    Blount is one of them.    Talib.   They already got rid of Winslow, I wanted him gone.   I'm not a big fan of Foster.   And I'd like to see them get someone other than Freeman.   Other than that, I don't insult anyone on the roster.    I just recently made the comment that adding Dallas Clark was a huge addition to the chemistry of this team.   I'm curious to see how the rookies work out (although I wanted Kuechly instead of Barron).

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : May 27, 2012, 11:43:52 AM

So Java is
Pro : Dallas Clark, Kuechly
Anti: Blount, Talib, Winslow, Freeman, Foster.

Hmmm you hide your racism well....NOT

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 27, 2012, 12:29:29 PM

Ya, it's racist to like Dallas Clark and Kuechly.   Both good character guys who are about as far away from being punks as you can find.   You really are a genius.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 27, 2012, 01:14:03 PM

And anyone that has played any sports knows if after you do beat a team whose player(s) talked too much before the game and taunt them with "nice ass whuppin' Mfer" you better be ready to for the reaction.  It isn't abnormal for a guy to not take such a comment poorly right after the game. 

So now, we have the beginnings of a good disagreement.  BUT - the point is how long are you going to ride the kid here on the buccaneer fan boards.  You appear to be doing it just to annoy folks because you know as well as anyone you point has been made.  And going a step farther, you stated this type of posting would dissipate with the change of coaches.

My question remains - how long before your negativity passes, on this player and other buccaneer players.  Or have you simply become so fond of the Java character that denigrates buccaneer players and fans that you can't stop?

Damn good post there. When a good poster like Dave calls you out, it might be time to look in the mirror.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 27, 2012, 01:20:18 PM

There is no doubt that dbuc is a good poster.   Especially relative to you.   

I think he's just disappointed that I still haven't reverted back to what he knew me to be prior to Raheem.    I think it will get there, but there are still some things I hate about this team (leftover from the incompetent head coaching of RM - the guy you loved but now claim to have never supported).   I believe it will get sorted out in a few years.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 27, 2012, 02:03:14 PM

I am disappointed with the manner in which you continue to be critical of certain players - especially Blount.  Hell, you would think he was the first guy with issues the bucs had ever had on the flipping roster.

I understood the problem with Raheem - that was proven over time in front of our eyes.  Shared your concerns, and then moved on with Raheem's firing and the Schiano hiring.

I am as uncertain about Schiano and Co as anyone - but if he can give folks a clean slate to show it was the coaching and not them - well clean slate it is - until folks show what the can and can't be. 

And Java, you plainly told me your issue was Raheem.  Well, Raheem is gone.  So consider wiping your slate clean - and give Schiano a chance to see who will do what for HIM.  Hell, I didn't like Meshawn at all, and could tolerate several others on the SB - but they are football players - not choir members.  I don't have to like them, and I damned sured don't have to incessantly complain and rail at what a 25 year old did when he was 22.  And neither do you, you don't have to biatch about him EVERY damned time his name is mentioned.  That is just my .02.  I'm done on the topic - take it for what it is worth. 

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 27, 2012, 02:06:04 PM

I hated Keyshawn and Stevens during the Gruden years.    And I complained about them a lot.    You guys just didn't notice because I was so positive about all other aspects of the team back then.   I do not like having thugs on the team and Raheem seemed to enjoy having them on the team.   There is still some work to do on this roster to get the team to the point where fans can be proud of it.   And I'm not just talking about wins.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 27, 2012, 02:09:52 PM

Well then, if and when Schiano gets them going in the right direction I hope I am overwhelmed by the positives in your posts - by a long time poster I have missed for too long. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I believe in Blount Force! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools