Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Writer Tom Jones: Rays are among the five worst teams to own. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : May 31, 2012, 10:52:41 AM

That happens about 3-5 times a season - no reason to spend half a billion for minor irritants.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 31, 2012, 10:58:48 AM

That happens about 3-5 times a season - no reason to spend half a billion for minor irritants.

How many times does it happen in the other 29 Major League stadiums?

Thanks for playing, slugger.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 31, 2012, 11:12:45 AM

MLB Stadiums aren't standardized. Each field has different dimensions, different foul areas,  different outfield wall heights.  Some fields have ivey. All fields have their own ground rules.  I've watched hundreds of games at the Trop and can't count on both hands how many catwalks or wires have influenced a game.  Once again, no reason to burden taxpayers with another half a billion dollar stadium.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 31, 2012, 11:17:42 AM

I'm not sure which games you have been to, but I've been to 6 games this season and there have been no less than 5 times that the catwalks and what not came into play and several more times that I was watching on TV.

And the catwalks are not the only reason that a new stadium is in the discussion.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 31, 2012, 11:17:46 AM

MLB Stadiums aren't standardized. Each field has different dimensions, different foul areas,  different outfield wall heights.  Some fields have ivey. All fields have their own ground rules.

Do you purposefully make it appear you aren't able to grasp what is being discussed on this board?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 31, 2012, 04:34:13 PM

So many MLB stadiums have idiosyncrasies. Too much is being made about some of the Trop's aesthetics or lack of......,no reason to spend half a billion. Very surprised the resident rightwing nuts are willing to do so when the need isn't there. Small market team can't afford the same level venue of the large market teams, IMO.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 31, 2012, 04:39:53 PM

I see no problem at all with the Trop - other than location.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 31, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

Rays fan begging for a state of the art stadium is like a guy on welfare wanting to live in a $500k home and drive a Mercedes Benz 500SL. Unless MLB pays for the new stadium, it shouldn't be built. Why should taxpayers subsidize Sternberg's entertainment business?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 31, 2012, 04:49:08 PM

MLB Stadiums aren't standardized. Each field has different dimensions, different foul areas,  different outfield wall heights.  Some fields have ivey. All fields have their own ground rules.

Do you purposefully make it appear you aren't able to grasp what is being discussed on this board?

So many MLB stadiums have idiosyncrasies.

I can't tell if that's a yes or no...

I'm probably safe assuming it's a "no".

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 31, 2012, 05:05:05 PM

Of all the MLB dome's I've been to, I like the Trop more than any of them other than the one in Houston.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 31, 2012, 10:04:15 PM

Rays fan begging for a state of the art stadium is like a guy on welfare wanting to live in a $500k home and drive a Mercedes Benz 500SL. Unless MLB pays for the new stadium, it shouldn't be built. Why should taxpayers subsidize Sternberg's entertainment business?

which is it, the trop is great or taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for the new stadium?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 31, 2012, 10:17:50 PM

which is it, the trop is great or taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for the new stadium?

It serves it's purpose AND the area taxpayers will not likely vote for financing a half a billion dollar stadium.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 31, 2012, 10:29:06 PM

It serves it's purpose AND the area taxpayers will not likely vote for financing a half a billion dollar stadium.

once again you evade the question

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 01, 2012, 07:00:50 AM

Of course - you and your "have you stopped beating your wife?" questions will always get an answer that you'd probably not find acceptable. Can't remember saying the stadium was "great".
: June 01, 2012, 07:03:35 AM morgan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 01, 2012, 07:46:34 AM

Not a difficult question for someone that isn't talking out of both sides of their mouth and their rear end .........  Can't remember anyone in this thread saying anything about the taxpayers funding a stadium .....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Writer Tom Jones: Rays are among the five worst teams to own. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools