Boards > College Football Board

FSU to the Big 12? Pros and Cons. other questions.

(1/14) > >>

Runole:
1. Why should or shouldn't FSU consider going to the Big 12/10?    Love to get the perspective from non FSU fans as well as FSU fans.

2.  Does anyone think Notre Dame will join the Big12/10?  If yes or no list reasons...

3.  Is the Big 12 still considered an unstable conference like the Big East since it has only 10 teams and no championship game?

dexmonkey:
1. yes and no. yes because the ACC is a joke, the commisioner is awful and doesnt care about football along with a laundry list of other things. no because outside of texas and oklahoma, the rest of the conference isnt very good.

2. highly doubtful. more likely they join the ACC or Big10. most likely they stay independent

3. Big12 isnt near as unstable as the big east

GameTime:
why join a "texas" conference?

Runole:

--- Quote from: dexmonkey on May 29, 2012, 03:46:36 PM ---1. yes and no. yes because the ACC is a joke, the commisioner is awful and doesnt care about football along with a laundry list of other things. no because outside of texas and oklahoma, the rest of the conference isnt very good.

2. highly doubtful. more likely they join the ACC or Big10. most likely they stay independent

3. Big12 isnt near as unstable as the big east

--- End quote ---

Agree, but I was referring to the fact that the Big 12 is only 10 teams and certainly losing Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri is worse than the Big East losing WV  Pitt and Syracuse.   Does anyone really know what the Big East will look like in 2013?   Are Boise St and San Diego St still considered new members?

Runole:

--- Quote from: GameTime on May 29, 2012, 04:04:24 PM ---why join a "texas" conference?

--- End quote ---

I have asked that same question..  I see little culturally in common with FSU joining.  If FSU was going to join any other conference the SEC should be the one to come calling.

Have any idea why the SEC is so against pursuing FSU?    They certainly would be a stronger team and national brand than either  A&M and Missouri.

I always have thought Miami and FSU would be great fits for the SEC and would make the nation spellbound when they played Florida every year. Stick A&M and Mizzo in the SEC west and put Miami and FSU with Florida in the East..  NOW THAT WOULD BE SOME FOOTBALL!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version