Boards > College Football Board

FSU to the Big 12? Pros and Cons. other questions.

<< < (7/7)

dexmonkey:
yeah it gets them on tv in kansas city and st louis. as evidenced by the lack of turnout in gainesville when missouri showed up, they dont bring much excitement factor as a game

olafberserker:
according to ESPN, attendance was over 90,000 for that game.   your other point is more important anyway.  AM and Mizzoo expand sec football into the midwest, fsu and um do not

dexmonkey:

--- Quote from: olafberserker on November 11, 2012, 04:39:53 PM ---according to ESPN, attendance was over 90,000 for that game.   your other point is more important anyway.  AM and Mizzoo expand sec football into the midwest, fsu and um do not

--- End quote ---

espn is full of **CENSORED**. there were still unsold tickets when the game started. the upper decks were very spare. tons of empty seats on tv in all sections of the stadium

olafberserker:
I don't know where espn got the attendance figures, but I doubt that attendance at a UF vs. Mizzoo game is much worse than when they host Louisiana-Lafayette.   Don't think that interest in Gator football is hurt much my Missouri coming to town.

TheAman:
Was thinking about starting a new thread about this, but figured I'd just post here.  ACC may be in trouble.  Maryland is apparently in serious talks with the Big 10.  If those talks are actually serious, it means Maryland thinks that there's instability within the ACC, possibly the Big 12 reaching out to FSU and/or Clemson.  One domino falling could lead to the disintegration of the ACC as a power conference.

dexmonkey:

--- Quote from: TheAman on November 16, 2012, 06:37:08 PM ---Was thinking about starting a new thread about this, but figured I'd just post here.  ACC may be in trouble.  Maryland is apparently in serious talks with the Big 10.  If those talks are actually serious, it means Maryland thinks that there's instability within the ACC, possibly the Big 12 reaching out to FSU and/or Clemson.  One domino falling could lead to the disintegration of the ACC as a power conference.

--- End quote ---

meh, seeya maryland. ive seen rumors that penn state isnt happy in the big 10. id take that trade any day even if penn state is a bunch of creepy child touchers. maryland brings nothing to the table in the acc anymore. they havent been good in football in 60 years and havent been good in basketball for a while either.

TheAman:
Here's the point.  If Maryland is leaving, it's because they are fairly certain other teams are leaving.  They're not leaving a newly stabilized ACC for no reason.  So it's not see-ya Maryland, it's see-ya ACC.

dexmonkey:
dont know how theyll get the money. its a 50million buyout and maryland is kinda strapped for cash. ACC sucks hot anus anyway and id love to see us get the hell out

TheAman:
A few things about the buyout.  There's a question as to whether it's kicked in now, or if it kicks in later.  Also, there were two schools that didn't vote for the increased buyout: Maryland and FSU.  There's a question whether those two schools are subject to the increased buyout if they go now.  The fact that the talks have gotten as far as it sounds like they have makes me think the buyout isn't an issue, because as you said, Debbie Yow completely **CENSORED**ed over Maryland financially before jumping to NC State.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Clemson/FSU to Big 12 talks heat up very soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version