Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU to the Big 12? Pros and Cons. other questions. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#45 : June 04, 2012, 08:19:42 PM

No deflection.  The information is there for anyone to peruse.   You have it all figured out though ..... the SEC is scared of FSU.

Yes it was a deflection I pointed out the fallacy in the authors conclusion. You then made a silly remark discounting my disagreement with the authors conclusion.

Needless to say you offered no counterpoint to my conclusion.  Not surprising.

Florida did in fact drop Miami because they couldn't handle losing to both FSU and UM in any given year. They quit playing OC regular season games outside the state of Florida for the same reason after losing to Syracuse in 1991.

Additionally, the last time I looked FSU its most recent meeting against UF is 2 straight wins and against Bama was a win and against South Carolina was a win.
Add that to 2 additional bowl wins against Wisconsin and Notre Dame and I believe it could be said FSU is ascending back to its normal 90's Poll ratings.

Lets see FSU finished 9-4 with a bowl win over Notre Dame   Texas A&M finished with a 7-6 record avoiding a losing season with a bowl win over Northwestern

Meanwhile Missouri  finished 8-5 which certainly is better but quite a drop off from their 10-3 record in 2010. That third loss coming in a bowl game while only 2 of those losses last came in the regular season in 2010 so actually they had a 10-2 record going into the bowl game. That is a 3 game drop off. Dex is correct the SEC is not interested in putting Miami or FSU because their in conference schedules are tough enough already.  Has little to do with increased income or exposure by adding those (2) teams.

So what is the Big East going to be like in 2013?   Glad to see UCF is finally going to be back on the schedule.  Was embarrassing seeing USF avoid them. They are a natural rivalry and should never have been dropped.

As usual a post full of gibberish.

Nobody (including the author) said the numbers were perfect.  His conclusion was related to the Tex AM and their large fan base.  You decided to nit pick whether FSU had more fans than Virginia or not (a whole 25,000 difference).

True colors?  You mean how you turned the thread into a bashing the SEC/UF for being scared of teams?   And then turned to making stupid, snide remarks about USF (which has no relevance in the thread that you started).   

* It's as embarassing as FSU avoiding FAMU

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 04, 2012, 08:27:59 PM

the SEC has enough tough teams already and the Big 6 (BAMA ,UF, TENN, GEORGIA , LSU, AND AUBURN) don't want to worry about playing Miami or FSU on their schedule.  A&M Missouri are far less daunting teams to play.

This is where you turned from an FSU discussion to "the SEC is afraid to play FSU/Miami" discussion.  As usual you hijack your own thread.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#47 : June 04, 2012, 08:51:02 PM

my reading comprehension is just fine. your phrasing is terrible. why would you bold it and not just come out with it?

whatever, this thread has devolved from the point of reasonable conversation anyway and is completely off topic

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 04, 2012, 09:27:15 PM

sorry, figured a college graduate could figure out that the "they" and the "their" would refer to the same folks in that statement (and your statement above mine).....

of course you could have asked for clarification as opposed to tossing insults ......

The good news is you finally got it.  Much quicker than your fellow alumnus who now wants to debate USF's scheduling.

8)
: June 04, 2012, 09:42:56 PM olafberserker

Runole

Hall of Famer
#49 : June 05, 2012, 04:23:13 PM

No deflection.  The information is there for anyone to peruse.   You have it all figured out though ..... the SEC is scared of FSU.

Yes it was a deflection I pointed out the fallacy in the authors conclusion. You then made a silly remark discounting my disagreement with the authors conclusion.

Needless to say you offered no counterpoint to my conclusion.  Not surprising.

Florida did in fact drop Miami because they couldn't handle losing to both FSU and UM in any given year. They quit playing OC regular season games outside the state of Florida for the same reason after losing to Syracuse in 1991.

Additionally, the last time I looked FSU its most recent meeting against UF is 2 straight wins and against Bama was a win and against South Carolina was a win.
Add that to 2 additional bowl wins against Wisconsin and Notre Dame and I believe it could be said FSU is ascending back to its normal 90's Poll ratings.

Lets see FSU finished 9-4 with a bowl win over Notre Dame   Texas A&M finished with a 7-6 record avoiding a losing season with a bowl win over Northwestern

Meanwhile Missouri  finished 8-5 which certainly is better but quite a drop off from their 10-3 record in 2010. That third loss coming in a bowl game while only 2 of those losses last came in the regular season in 2010 so actually they had a 10-2 record going into the bowl game. That is a 3 game drop off. Dex is correct the SEC is not interested in putting Miami or FSU because their in conference schedules are tough enough already.  Has little to do with increased income or exposure by adding those (2) teams.

So what is the Big East going to be like in 2013?   Glad to see UCF is finally going to be back on the schedule.  Was embarrassing seeing USF avoid them. They are a natural rivalry and should never have been dropped.

As usual a post full of gibberish.

Nobody (including the author) said the numbers were perfect.  His conclusion was related to the Tex AM and their large fan base.  You decided to nit pick whether FSU had more fans than Virginia or not (a whole 25,000 difference).

True colors?  You mean how you turned the thread into a bashing the SEC/UF for being scared of teams?   And then turned to making stupid, snide remarks about USF (which has no relevance in the thread that you started).   

* It's as embarassing as FSU avoiding FAMU

So UCF is comparable to FAMU?      Are you serious?

The point is the SEC does not want Miami or FSU in the SEC because they have enough tough teams already that I point out the history of Florida avoiding competition and dropping Miami is perfectly logical and additional factual information proving the point further.

Why did the SEC choose those 4 teams over FSU and Miami?  Why did UF drop Miami and after the Syracuse loss refuse to play another out of conference regular season game outside the state of Florida since 1991?     Is it really that hard for you to connect the dots?

As a USF grad even though it took the dismantling of the Big East, I am glad that UCF is apparently going to be back on the USF schedule. They never should have been dropped in the first place. IMO

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 05, 2012, 04:55:55 PM

Nope I got it.  UF and the rest of the SEC are afraid of FSU.   

cross town sounds like a "natural rivalry" to me

Runole

Hall of Famer
#51 : June 08, 2012, 07:48:09 PM

Nope I got it.  UF and the rest of the SEC are afraid of FSU. 

Good, than we agree and have the same conclusion.   When given the choice of a possible loss versus a likely win it is easy to see such a choice.

cross town sounds like a "natural rivalry" to me

Well certainly you have a point but playing a FCS school versus and FBS ( Division One school) is not exactly well received by most FBS ( Division One ) Fans. FSU fans are raising a holy stink about not playing WV and replacing them with Murray State.  Kind of like USF playing Stony Brook or better yet for the University of Tampa to decide to start football up again and schedule USF as a cross town rival.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#52 : June 11, 2012, 03:55:55 PM

lol

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#53 : November 11, 2012, 12:33:47 AM

don't want to worry about playing Miami or FSU on their schedule.  A&M Missouri are far less daunting teams to play.

oops ..... lol

Runole

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 11, 2012, 12:06:40 PM

don't want to worry about playing Miami or FSU on their schedule.  A&M Missouri are far less daunting teams to play.

oops ..... lol

Glad you are paying attention to my words...    That being said, One game does not a tradition make.  Congratulations for A&M pulling it off after losing a couple of games earlier in the season.  I ask one question would you rather have that (1) victory or the tradition FSU has accumulated since 1976?  Oh I already know the answer.

It is the former rather than the latter?   All about single performances not the body of work. Isn't that what some USF fans like you cling?

So you think A&M will play in a more impressive bowl game than FSU?   Not sure that will happen.

Oh and I thought A&M would never be able to compete and play "BIG BOY" football in the SEC... Another myth dies... lol

Oh and one final point.. The SEC certainly could have pursued FSU over Mizzo or are you claiming that would be a better choice?      A&M made it very clear they would do anything to get away from Texas to join the SEC. 
: November 11, 2012, 12:11:52 PM Runole

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 11, 2012, 12:49:51 PM

a&m lost to a couple of top10 teams in close games...nothing wrong with that.

as for the SEC going after mizzou over fsu...fsu would have been the better choice for fans, but mizzou might be a better choice for monetary reasons.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 11, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

don't want to worry about playing Miami or FSU on their schedule.  A&M [/b]Missouri are far less daunting teams to play.

oops ..... lol

lol

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 11, 2012, 01:48:25 PM

a&m lost to a couple of top10 teams in close games...nothing wrong with that.

as for the SEC going after mizzou over fsu...fsu would have been the better choice for fans, but mizzou might be a better choice for monetary reasons.

yeah thats debatable. i realize they wanted to expand viewing area but missouri doesnt bring a whole lot. FSU vs alabama,georgia,LSU is a much bigger ratings draw and increases your primetime matchups on tv. doesnt really matter though at this point

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 11, 2012, 02:17:28 PM

sec has no shortage of prime time games to choose from

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#59 : November 11, 2012, 02:19:58 PM

i realize they wanted to expand viewing area but missouri doesnt bring a whole lot. FSU vs alabama,georgia,LSU is a much bigger ratings draw and increases your primetime matchups on tv. doesnt really matter though at this point

yeah, i have no idea how it really breaks down moneywise.  have to assume that the expanded markets is more benefical to ratings draws?  like you said, it dont matter.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU to the Big 12? Pros and Cons. other questions. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools