Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Schiano on the correct side of the heat argument? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 29, 2012, 10:28:29 PM

His first go around with this. I'm sure he can figure out what works and what's too much in this heat.

Two summers/falls in Miami can hardly be called a "first go 'round"...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 29, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

I think you do "get use to it" mentally, but physically it still takes the same toll on your body no matter how long you have been in/around it. To me, practicing all week in it is a disadvantage and leaves us a bit worn out on Sunday. I think teams that practice in A/C or in cooler climates all week come here and have the advantage because they are better rested and hydrated. It's really about mental toughness, and NFL players travel so much they are all use to playing in hot climates. If I was head coach I would practice inside the Trop as much as possible so my guys are ready to go on Sunday instead of drained.

Interesting take JDub...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 29, 2012, 10:47:44 PM

this is all opinion and none of us have played NFL ball so most of it is not based on much that really matters.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 29, 2012, 10:51:09 PM

True, but some of us do work out in the sun every day all day....so it's a little more than opinion.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 29, 2012, 10:55:15 PM

this is all opinion and none of us have played NFL ball so most of it is not based on much that really matters.
It's not opinion that the three teams who play their home games in the state of Florida all had top 10 picks in the draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 29, 2012, 11:00:04 PM

do you work better on a monday?  and does your work suffer on fri?  or how about after a week vacation?

sure, if a team is beat down thoughout the week they will be exhausted on sunday.  but being acclimated to FL weather and being physically exhausted are 2 different things.  with the new CBA teams dont even wear pads come season, do they? once a week?   there are many ways to practice in the heat without causing physical damage.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 29, 2012, 11:02:27 PM

It's not opinion that the three teams who play their home games in the state of Florida all had top 10 picks in the draft.

if you believe that the reason the FL teams drafted high is because they played their home games in FL, then great.  i believe it had more to do with QB play, coaching and overall team talent.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 29, 2012, 11:20:53 PM

if you believe that the reason the FL teams drafted high is because they played their home games in FL, then great.  i believe it had more to do with QB play, coaching and overall team talent.
Then hopefully this is all offseason chatter and behind closed doors the Bucs are more concerned about QB play, coaching, and overall team talent than trying to out sweat their opponents.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 29, 2012, 11:24:35 PM

Then hopefully this is all offseason chatter and behind closed doors the Bucs are more concerned about QB play, coaching, and overall team talent than trying to out sweat their opponents.

i dont believe schiano took the job because of the weather/heat advantage.  we have also seen statements from sullivan about freemans decisions, an overhaul of the coaching staff, and many new starters added to the 2012 squad.  i think those issues are much more important for the team vs. practicing outside.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 29, 2012, 11:25:57 PM

I haven't seen anything that suggests they are only trying to out sweat their opponents.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 29, 2012, 11:28:37 PM

I haven't seen anything that suggests they are only trying to out sweat their opponents.
"That has to become our advantage,'' Schiano said of the heat. "When you get teams out there in that stadium and it's really hot and you push the envelope, I think it becomes an advantage and that's something that is important to me.''

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 29, 2012, 11:34:21 PM

c'mon though.  ask the northern coaches and they will say the snow and wind has to become their advantage.  ask the dome teams and they will say the fast turf has to become their advantage.

sounds like some reporter asked about the weather and schiano tried to turn it to a positive.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 29, 2012, 11:45:11 PM

c'mon though.  ask the northern coaches and they will say the snow and wind has to become their advantage.  ask the dome teams and they will say the fast turf has to become their advantage.

sounds like some reporter asked about the weather and schiano tried to turn it to a positive.

It's not like he can't do anything about it though.  They could practice all week in the AC and be fresh for gameday.  I think just living in the area is enough to get use to the heat.  I would keep them fresh for gameday.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 29, 2012, 11:59:19 PM

It's not like he can't do anything about it though.  They could practice all week in the AC and be fresh for gameday.  I think just living in the area is enough to get use to the heat.  I would keep them fresh for gameday.

you think walking to your car is the same as running sprints outside?

how worn down do you think these players are come sunday?  what is the difference between working out in the A/C vs in the heat?  i just dont buy the "you dont get worn down inside" argument.  there are pros and cons to both.  and i dont believe schiano got to where he is by being an idiot.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 30, 2012, 12:01:29 AM

"That has to become our advantage,'' Schiano said of the heat. "When you get teams out there in that stadium and it's really hot and you push the envelope, I think it becomes an advantage and that's something that is important to me.''

Ok a quote about the heat. Doesn't mean they are game planning around that alone. I'm sure Schiano knows QB play, coaching, and overall talent is important. I don't think he'd have a NFL HC job if he thought the only way to beat teams is by the heat. Every team values conditioning. If he doesn't know that he will learn very quickly.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Schiano on the correct side of the heat argument? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools