Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is a top 10 running back....in 2015 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 02, 2012, 11:52:02 AM

Freeman has played his best when the run game is working. Which I think it will this year. Vjack opening things up by his speed downfield and Martin/Blount opening up play action. Takes a lot of pressure off of Freeman.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 02, 2012, 12:39:48 PM

I wouldn't say that, if you dig back through time and include some questionable backs (Barber?) as top 10 then sure. Top 10 passers last year

Brees with whoever you think their #1 back is
Brady with The Law Firm
Stafford with a bag of rocks
Manning with the 32nd ranked rush offense
Rodgers with less than a bag of rocks
Rivers with Matthews (given Barber maybe that is top 10 to some folks)
Romo with an injured DeMarco Murray
Ryan with Turner so you finally get a top 10 QB with a feature back here
Roth with Mendenhall and I can't even pretend that is a top 10
Newton with Williams who wasn't a 1000 yards rusher but I guess could be.

I think that gives us generously 2 out of 10 so not as common as you think.

If you took a legit back and put him with either of the elite QBs you listed, i'd venture to guess he'd approach top 10 status. Fact is Brady, Rodgers, Stafford have garbage at the RB position and are able to be successful because of their elite skill set.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 03, 2012, 11:13:09 AM

1. Adrian Peterson (63) Minnesota Vikings

2. Chris Johnson (61) Tennessee Titans

3. Arian Foster (48) Houston Texans

4. Jamaal Charles (46) Kansas City Chiefs

5. Michael Turner (36) Atlanta Falcons

6. Maurice Jones-Drew (30) Jaguars

7. Steven Jackson (25) St. Louis Rams

8. Ray Rice (24) Baltimore Ravens

9. Frank Gore (15) San Francisco 49ers

T10. Matt Forte (9) Chicago Bears

T10. LeSean McCoy (9) Philadelphia Eagles

Others receiving votes: Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers (7); Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns (6); Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders (5); LaDainian Tomlinson, New York Jets (1).

About the voting: The panel was made up of seven USA TODAY NFL staffers. First-place votes are worth 10 points, second-place votes nine points, etc.

If you go by that list, only Ryan and  Cutler had top 10 RB's  while being top 10 themselves.  Maybe Flacco and Vick if you consider them top 10 QB's.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#18 : June 03, 2012, 09:29:19 PM

I think this is all much a do about nothing.  Stats are misleading at times. What counts is how productive those numbers are for that given RB and QB.  Top 10 this and that really doesn't matter much, although it can be used as an indicator of success.  In the case of the BUCS historically a top 10 anything is a sign of us having a damn good team seeing as we usually rank pretty low statistically at any given category.  I'm just trying to put this in the BUC perspective. For instance, if we had a top 10 RB/QB we more than likely made the playoffs but if Eli Manning ranked #7 they more than likely missed the playoffs or barely made a wildcard and the same would go for Drew Brees & co.   If this article ends up being true I'd think we would have a pretty good team in the near future and I hope it holds true.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2012, 05:14:48 PM

Doug Martin is a top 10 running back....in 2012.

As of right now, anyhow.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2012, 05:40:03 PM

Doug Martin is a top 10 running back....in 2012.

As of right now, anyhow.

A better question now would be......

Is Doug Martin still a top 10 RB in 2015?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 25, 2013, 09:08:41 PM

How about top 5 in 2012?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#22 : January 25, 2013, 09:18:08 PM

eh not top 5 last year IMO but top 5 in 2013 is very possible.

Go Bucs

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#23 : January 25, 2013, 09:18:30 PM

eh not top 5 last year IMO but top 5 in 2013 is very possible. Especially with a healthy davin joseph & carl nicks hopefully the whole year.

Go Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 25, 2013, 09:31:09 PM

He was top 5 in every single category among running backs. Top three in most categories. Among all players in the entire leage he was 3rd in total yards behind only Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. You can can make baseless statements, but the facts say otherwise.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#25 : January 25, 2013, 09:41:49 PM

ok i stand corrected #2 in fantasy..solid. especially without 2 pro bowl guards. tho caddy looked like a top 5 RB after his rookie year as well..talk to me after 2013.

Go Bucs

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 25, 2013, 10:09:31 PM

who r u putting over him?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#27 : January 25, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

who r u putting over him?

Adrian peterson obviously.. arian foster, ray rice, chris johnson, MJD, marshawn lynch matt forte just off the top of my head.

Go Bucs

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 25, 2013, 10:12:19 PM

caddy looked like a top 5 RB after his rookie year as well..

Is this a joke?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#29 : January 25, 2013, 10:13:34 PM

and while jdouble is correct martin is absolutely top 3 (#'s wise) those can be deceiving for running backs. We were in a lot of close games last year so we could keep martin in games. players like chris johnson and jamaal charles were on bad teams that were behind a lot so they couldnt be used properly.

Go Bucs
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin is a top 10 running back....in 2015 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools