Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLACK GETTING A CHANCE TO SHINE, RUNNING 2ND TEAM FS « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#105 : June 06, 2012, 03:40:51 PM

If you see a player who started over 40 games in the SEC for a perennial top 5 team and was first team all-America whom the entire scouting community decided is barely a draftable player and want to hold out hope he's going to be the one in a hundred player who defies the odds, I wish you luck. I mean we're all aware of the careers of the players Mark Dominik has drafted in the 5th round and later, right?

When I see Black play, I see a guy who gets it. Maybe he doesn't pan out and is gone. If he got a shot what do I have to say? Nothing. But I hate to see "football players" not given a chance based on 40 times and bench press reps when they are all but worthless measures of a football player. I'm simply saying we're better off with a guy like Ahmad Black who can play but isn't the fastest or strongest guy on the field compared to Quincy Black who is a freaking workout warrior but doesn't seem to be able to make a play when you need it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Zellination

Starter

#106 : June 06, 2012, 04:30:43 PM

Well have watched him since his SO. year at Kathleen High School,  ALWAYS has made plays, always around the ball. HE is a Dreadnaught and he IS a football player.   We'll see if he is big enough to handle it, he got his chance with URBAN because of a series of injuries and never left the starting lineup.......................he was also NO GOOD at Florida......

Just another example of BB morons talking garbage..............all of you naysayers will be eating crow if he ever gets a chance.....oh wait a minute your a bunch of BB HACKS....never mind.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#107 : June 06, 2012, 07:45:55 PM

Ahmad appears to have very good instincts and a nose for the football; a way more important attribute for a FS than pure speed. I've read where Schiano's D will no longer need the FS and SS positions to be interchangeable, which helps Ahmad, as he ain't a SS at all...

Zellination

Starter

#108 : September 11, 2012, 06:09:00 PM

Well have watched him since his SO. year at Kathleen High School,  ALWAYS has made plays, always around the ball. HE is a Dreadnaught and he IS a football player.   We'll see if he is big enough to handle it, he got his chance with URBAN because of a series of injuries and never left the starting lineup.......................he was also NO GOOD at Florida......

Just another example of BB morons talking garbage..............all of you naysayers will be eating crow if he ever gets a chance.....oh wait a minute your a bunch of BB HACKS....never mind.

Yep, football player.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#109 : April 17, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

Remember when I said Ahmad Black was too small and slow and everyone criticized me?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#110 : April 17, 2014, 05:15:15 PM

Remember when I said Ahmad Black was too small and slow and everyone criticized me?

that's not the reason he was sent packing!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#111 : April 17, 2014, 05:21:05 PM

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#112 : April 17, 2014, 06:01:43 PM

You dug out a 2 year old thread to say that?

Well congrats if it makes you feel better.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#113 : April 17, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Look at me! I'm fabulous!

Must. Jusitfy. Existence.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#114 : April 17, 2014, 06:14:08 PM

You dug out a 2 year old thread to say that?

Well congrats if it makes you feel better.
Well we are at a time of year when posters are prone to say:

1.) We don't need to draft position x because we have so-and-so scrub who is still developing, and

2.) So-and-so player is a small and slow shrimp but he's "just a football player" and you can't teach heart and instincts,

so it can be beneficial to look at the past and see what you can learn for the future.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#115 : April 17, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

+1 FRG. Screw all those slow midgets.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#116 : April 17, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

Yeah. We don't want anyone under 6'7" on this team!

tog

Pro Bowler
#117 : April 17, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

He was a 5th rounder. Even now he wasn't a bad pick - he was an above average 5th round pick.   

If you look at the guys picked after him, the only ones that really stand out (could be missing someone) is Sherman, Maxwell, Tyrod Taylor and Pernell McPhee.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#118 : April 17, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

Really ?? You bumped an Ahmad Black thread ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#119 : April 17, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

You could have bumped an Aaron Morgan thread to make that point...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLACK GETTING A CHANCE TO SHINE, RUNNING 2ND TEAM FS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools