Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will it be? « previous next »
Page: 1

wyla86

Second String

: June 05, 2012, 04:03:23 AM

For those that don't know me that well. I am a die hard Buccaneers Fan. I love the game of football. I'm a Tampa Bay Native born and raised in south St.Petersburg.  When it comes to football and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I am a defensive guy. With that being said I grew up watching the 1990's Buccaneers and that's where I fell I love with defense. Watching, listening, and reading about the Bucs defense the last few years has been painful.  I miss the old defensive culture that was once the Heart of the Buccaneers! With the new regime I hope they bring back the defense and turn them into something great.  When I look at the Current defensive roster it looks decent with a chance of becoming great.  With Adrian Clayborne, Mark Barron, Micheal Bennett and Lavonte David being the 4 that really stick out for me. They could and can become the base of this D for years to come.  Others like McCoy, Price, Bowers, Foster, and Talib are on the edge for me. Those players I'm iffy on for reasons already preached thousands of times. Injuries, off the field issues or just a ok rookie season with a flash or 2 (Mason Foster).  But for the 2012 Bucs and into the future I've been waiting for some one on the defensive side to step up and bring the impact I have been waiting for.  But nothing has happened so far. McCoy, Price, Bowers injured. Foster just an ok season. Talib has all the talent in the world to be a Revis type shut down corner but he screws up off the field and never really puts it all together. When will the heart of Tampa Bay come back and be seen again?  Defense won us a championship.  Our history is defense and our future should be defense.  Mark Barron, Adrian Clayborne and Lavonte David look to be the players to bring back our heart. Mark Barron the hard hitting safety, Clayborne a relentless motor causing havoc in the backfield, and David a linebacker with instincts and play maker written on his forehead. The other positions have big questions marks.  How long will Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano take to turn this defense around?  When will the bucs have a super star on the defense again? I would love to see this Tampa squad have a few leaders step up, turn the culture back around and give Tampa their heart back this season.  So I ask everyone who do u think will become the next on the field leader and make that special impact? Will it be Clayborne, Barron, David, or someone else? How long does it take for Mark and the new regime to turn around this defense?

trollslayer

Second String

#1 : June 05, 2012, 06:52:36 AM

the way things are looking, we are going to be a more balanced offense than defense. we have at least the best o-line in the south and add to that if martin, blount, and smith produce maybe the best running team in the south. if freeman comes back to form we will be even scarier with sure handed weapons like v-jax and dallas clark to throw to. right now at least on paper we have a much more talented offense than defense and a big reason for that is most of the defense is rookies or 2nd and 3rd season guys minus barber, talib, and wright, and they are learning a whole new system. the offense is learning a new system too but i see them probably having a better seasson than the defense. really the key to all of it is josh freeman. this defense will be good again sometime in the future but they may never be the bucs defense of old. nfl network ranked the 2002 defense in the top 10 all time and that wasnt even the best defensive year go back to the 99 season we were one horrible call away from being in the superbowl and that offense was horrid compared to 2002, throw in the fact that we held the greatest show on turf to 11 points in the NFC title game. we may end up having the best offense we have ever had that should be pretty exciting too

MarineBuc

Starter

#2 : June 05, 2012, 07:43:44 AM

Paragraphs guys...please....Paragraphs!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 05, 2012, 08:08:25 AM

Mark Barron without a doubt.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : June 05, 2012, 08:48:59 AM

Mark Barron without a doubt.

Gotta agree with Dolorous on this one. Its gonna be Barron hands down. I think that all signs and even the way greg schiano mentions him, I believe this D is gonna be centered around Barron. He's gonna be depended on as soon as the season kicks off and gonna be asked to do alot of things. He has a serious demeanor and is all football just seems like a schiano type leader. Clayborn has those same types of leadership qualities that schiano would want.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 05, 2012, 08:52:51 AM

Paragraphs guys...please....Paragraphs!!
+1 million.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 05, 2012, 10:06:18 AM

Price gets my vote. The man is determined. Most players would have skipped last season altogether with BOTH hamstrings surgically reattached with screws. He didn't. He played through the pain. When healthy, he will be a force. McCoy may get the publicity, but Price will get the attention of OCs around the league. JMO
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will it be? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools