Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those that wanted a Legrand jersey « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #15 : June 05, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »

So then put your money where your mouth is.

ALL proceeds from these jerseys go into the fund.

It's a strange day when people complain about donating any money to a charity.

Um, no, it costs money to MAKE the jersey.

Pass....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #16 : June 05, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »

So then put your money where your mouth is.

ALL proceeds from these jerseys go into the fund.

It's a strange day when people complain about donating any money to a charity.

Um, no, it costs money to MAKE the jersey.

Pass....

From the Bucs Store:
 It features the same style graphics worn by Bucs players with LeGrand’s college number, 52, printed over the front and back, and a team logo on the left sleeve. All proceeds from each jersey will go to benefiting the Eric LeGrand Foundation.

Now, they could be lying....

and regardless, if you don't like it, then just donate money....I'm sure you would.

cryptfiend

Starter

« #17 : June 05, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »

spoke to my ticket rep

confirmed: someone is taking a loss on the jerseys (he wasnt sure if it was nike or the nfl).  100 percent of the money goes to charity.  he also said that the loss on these jerseys is negligible.  They are marked up a ridiculous amount.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #18 : June 05, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »

Just write a check to the foundation. That way no one gets screwed.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #19 : June 05, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »

Some of you are treating LeGrand as the second-coming of Christ already. He's gotten recognition for his injury and his rehab. This is starting to sound contrived. I can understand if he were a former Buc player but this gesture was done only because he had ties w/ Sciano's years before any connection to TB. Go ahead and buy a jersey if you want but don't lay a guilt trip on the people who'd rather not.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #20 : June 05, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

I'm glad they made this possible, many people mentioned wanting one.

Just not for me.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #21 : June 05, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »

I think you're being a bit sensitive, unless someone deleted a guilt-trip post or I missed one. I'm excited to buy one, I'm happy my money is going to charity and I'll have another Bucs jersey to go along with my 55 that I'll never feel like I can't wear (like the Winslow one), but I don't care if other people do or don't buy it. I also don't care if anyone does or does not want to give their money to charity.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #22 : June 05, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

Some of you are treating LeGrand as the second-coming of Christ already. He's gotten recognition for his injury and his rehab. This is starting to sound contrived. I can understand if he were a former Buc player but this gesture was done only because he had ties w/ Sciano's years before any connection to TB. Go ahead and buy a jersey if you want but don't lay a guilt trip on the people who'd rather not.

So, because he never played for the Bucs or never was affiliated with the Bucs, we can't feel good about him now being affiliated with the team and putting out positive energy in a community (and country) that severely needs it? I appreciate your opinion and believe you to be in the right that it shouldn't be mandatory as a human to buy a jersey BUT shouldn't it be the other way around? If you don't want to buy a jersey, shouldn't you not call out the ones who actually appreciate the sentiment and want to contribute to a charity organization? I don't think anyone is calling out those who aren't buying jerseys, I'm certainly not. I just think if you're not going to buy one, then what's it to you if other people want to talk about something positive.

I mean, it's positive.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #23 : June 06, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »

JOIN THE FIGHT.

« : June 06, 2012, 12:46:40 AM TheChronicHotAir »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #24 : June 06, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

JOIN THE FIGHT.

Shouldn't he be wearing the "Yungry" cap in that?

Or maybe not.    I guess that's not the way Buccaneer Men want to dress.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #25 : June 06, 2012, 12:40:52 AM »

Just write a check to the foundation. That way no one gets screwed.

Bingo.   Tell the NFL to shove their jerseys.    Just write the foundation a check.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #26 : June 06, 2012, 12:45:07 AM »

For Sure, Java!

JOIN THE FIGHT.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #27 : June 06, 2012, 05:35:19 AM »

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but here's a picture of all the Rutgers guys.

That is one amazing hairdo.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #28 : June 06, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but here's a picture of all the Rutgers guys.

That is one amazing hairdo.

Didn't know we signed Kid from Kid n Play! That haircut is fresh. lol

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #29 : June 06, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »

If the Bucs put him opposite of Vincent Jackson, it'd be hard to cover a 6'5" and 7'1" WR!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those that wanted a Legrand jersey « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools