Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those that wanted a Legrand jersey « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 06, 2012, 07:50:31 AM

JOIN THE FIGHT.

This pic is so incredibly mean and insensitive I couldn't help but LOL despite myself , lol.   

Awaiting the firestorm....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 06, 2012, 07:58:00 AM

Just looking for a pic of Inspiration and Helping Others Out.

JOIN THE FIGHT.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : June 06, 2012, 08:28:51 AM

The non-stop LeGrand stuff is getting old - radio, print, internet......nice gesture, good story initially, but time to move on.

Even Raheem learned that he had to move on from Youngry and did.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 06, 2012, 08:31:35 AM

The non-stop LeGrand stuff is getting old - radio, print, internet......nice gesture, good story initially, but time to move on.

Even Raheem learned that he had to move on from Youngry and did.

Time to move on? Why? Does it bother you?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fans: Some of the most classless fans in all of sports.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 06, 2012, 08:32:48 AM

I'm guessing that you're probably out of luck on this one. For a team that is trying to repair its relationship with the city and improve its image, they likely are very happy that this story is getting a ton of coverage.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 06, 2012, 09:18:24 AM

So what do they do? They find a guy from  New Jersey - not from Tampa, not from the fanbase, not from USF, but from New Jersey.   I think i can find a few Tampa police offcers who could use some help/asst - or their widows, or their widow's kids who need a hand.  How about OL Randy Grimes who is suffering from chronic pain syndrome and barely surviivng life.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/special-reports/2009/oct/18/na-when-a-players-pain-hits-a-lethal-level-ar-61194/

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 06, 2012, 09:23:57 AM

So what do they do? They find a guy from  New Jersey - not from Tampa, not from the fanbase, not from USF, but from New Jersey.   I think i can find a few Tampa police offcers who could use some help/asst - or their widows, or their widow's kids who need a hand.  How about OL Randy Grimes who is suffering from chronic pain syndrome and barely surviivng life.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/special-reports/2009/oct/18/na-when-a-players-pain-hits-a-lethal-level-ar-61194/

I'd love to see them take care of Grimes as well.   What a great gesture that would be.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 06, 2012, 09:37:41 AM

How about a Marine like Michael Nicholson from Tampa who served his country and now in a wheelchair?

Serving in Afghanistan last July, Michael lost both legs and part of his left arm in a blast from a hidden explosive. He has undergone 23 surgeries, recovering at a naval hospital in Bethesda, Md.

Guess he didn't know Coach Schiano.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 06, 2012, 09:39:44 AM

They weren't giving a hand out to LeGrand. They signed him to a contract as a symbolic gesture from his college head coach whose likely motivation was to make the kid's dream come true and show his appreciation to Eric with a secondary motivation of showing his new players the type of character Schiano appreciates and maybe inspire them with Eric's story. I'm sure there were those in the Bucs organization who realized that this would be good PR and were motivated by that as well.

After that announcement, there was tremendous local and national support for the move and a demand for his jersey. They took that demand and turned it into a way to make money for a charity that will help other people in need that didn't have Eric's support system previously.

The original contract was a win for everyone involved and the resulting hysteria around it, including the charity aspect, was because the story struck a chord with a lot of people. The positivity of the original gesture turned into another win-win, the jerseys with the proceeds to charity.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 06, 2012, 09:48:19 AM

I don't wear jerseys but would if they had one for Nicholson.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 06, 2012, 09:51:02 AM

I honestly can't believe that you have an issue with a feel-good story that touched enough people that there was a demand for the jersey, that that demand was then turned into a way to raise money for charity.

If you want a Nicholson jersey, you can have one custom made.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 06, 2012, 11:06:35 AM

I would just donate $100 to the "good cause" rather than buy a jersey where maybe $10 goes to the cause.

lol . . . starved for attention

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 06, 2012, 11:09:44 AM

Hardly surprising that the biggest attention whore jackases on this board couldnt pass on the opportunity to post negative comments in this thread.  So starved for attention that some have gone from beating up old ladies to now beating up a good cause. "Shame on you" would be the biggest waste of type ever.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 06, 2012, 11:37:37 AM

How about a Marine like Michael Nicholson from Tampa who served his country and now in a wheelchair?

Serving in Afghanistan last July, Michael lost both legs and part of his left arm in a blast from a hidden explosive. He has undergone 23 surgeries, recovering at a naval hospital in Bethesda, Md.

Guess he didn't know Coach Schiano.

It would be a great gesture if the Bucs signed Mr. Nicholson to a contract.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#44 : June 06, 2012, 12:24:41 PM

Some people gotta find something to **CENSORED** about

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those that wanted a Legrand jersey « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools