Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David replaces Curran at WLB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 06, 2012, 04:03:30 PM

I hope I am wrong, but I have a gut feeling we will be looking for a MLB next year. I like David and Watson outside, but I just don't think Foster is going to workout. Just a feeling.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 06, 2012, 04:06:59 PM

I hope I am wrong, but I have a gut feeling we will be looking for a MLB next year. I like David and Watson outside, but I just don't think Foster is going to workout. Just a feeling.

So you don't think that Foster would be decent on the outside if he doesnt work at MLB?

I think there is a strong possibility that he might not be the long term answer at MLB..but I would thing he could be a better option at SLB than (may only be good as a pass rusher) Watson.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#17 : June 06, 2012, 04:10:46 PM

Ive heard quite a lot about him, hes been turning heads at OTA's. I don't know why you haven't heard anything.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 06, 2012, 04:25:02 PM

yep, because producing on a horrible defense with no offseason as a 3rd round pick while dealing with a couple injuries is a bad thing. He didnt play great by any means, but was the only LB that came to play last year. So I guess leading all rookies in tackles on a craptastic team with no experience and also learning play calling on D for the first time is an indictment of how bad he was?

I am however glad you said you dont think Foster will work out. Thats pretty much a 100% guarantee he will.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 06, 2012, 04:37:02 PM

Saw this coming. Curran is a guy that was a 3rd rounder that would have gone higher had he been taller. Was a beast in college. Should make a decent back up. David will be good I think. Foster should be better this year with a full offseason and better coaching. Not sure if he will be our mike though. We will see.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 06, 2012, 04:44:16 PM

yep, because producing on a horrible defense with no offseason as a 3rd round pick while dealing with a couple injuries is a bad thing. He didnt play great by any means, but was the only LB that came to play last year. So I guess leading all rookies in tackles on a craptastic team with no experience and also learning play calling on D for the first time is an indictment of how bad he was?

agreed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 06, 2012, 04:47:06 PM

Didn't say I was basing it off of last season. I'm not judging any of our players from last season. I said I have a gut feeling, that is all.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 06, 2012, 04:49:33 PM

Didn't say I was basing it off of last season. I'm not judging any of our players from last season. I said I have a gut feeling, that is all.

So is it MLB or bust for Foster? Most tend to think he would be a lot better suited on the outside.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 06, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

I'm hoping he can be a great Sam linebacker for us, cause I just don't think he's working out as a MLB. Time will tell. Personally I would rather have a Sam that is a great pass rusher.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 06, 2012, 04:58:07 PM

I will say this. I think our current crop of linebackers have the best possible chance of looking great with Schiano and Bryan Cox coaching them.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 06, 2012, 04:58:29 PM

Yea the pass rush aspect is important...but it can't be the only thing that the SLB is good at...I.E. Watson(speculation on what we have seen so far). Foster didn't look bad in pass rush from what I remember...maybe he could be decent coming off the edge.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 06, 2012, 05:43:40 PM

I think Curran will become a great depth guy this year. Not surprised that Davis jumped him, but Curran probably expected this.

Why would you think Curran would be anything other than training camp fodder?     I didn't even know who he was.    Looked him up and he did nothing his rookie year, got cut, and didn't even play at all last year for any team.   

http://hedgestohardwood.blogspot.com/2011/09/rennie-curran-arrested-and-jobless.html

You don't follow college football?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 06, 2012, 05:52:38 PM

IT'S ABOUT TIME I WAS READY TO DECLARE DAVID A BUST!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 06, 2012, 06:13:44 PM

This is shocking news....Curran's run at being the next member inducted into the Bucs Ring of Honor just faced a major set-back...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 06, 2012, 07:29:15 PM

Apparantly both Curran and David are doing better than Hayward, last years b/u WLB. Our D appears to be more "small LB friendly" than the Titans was, so picking up Curran may prove to have been a good move...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David replaces Curran at WLB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools