Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think Lavonte David can be as good as Derrick Brooks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: June 07, 2012, 11:20:08 PM

Career Prognostication - Lavonte David

by Buc Wild on Jun 7, 2012 12:00 PM EDT in Player Analysis

Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire.

We've taken the time to predict the Tampa Bay Buccaneers record and guesstimate their season and if there will be a turnaround from an abysmal 2011 season. Now let's turn to one of the players who is making a little noise in this quiet offseason period, Lavonte David. As Sander wrote yesterday, David is now playing with the big boys on the first string. We've heard the comparisons of being similar to an all time great in Mr. Derrick Brooks, which is largely based on size and speed, but now let's see what you think.

How will Lavonte David's career turn out?

4%

Will be the best Bucs linebacker to ever suit up..........25 votes

17%

Hall of Fame caliber - but not as good as Brooks........95 votes

48%

Pro Bowl player, but not worthy of the Hall................258 votes

25%

Servicable starter, nothing spectacular.....................136 votes

1%

Career backup............................................................10 votes

0%

Won't be playing in 2-3 years.......................................5 votes
529 votes total

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/6/7/3070406/career-prognostication-lavonte-david

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#1 : June 07, 2012, 11:22:06 PM

can Doug Martin be as good as Warrick Dunn?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 07, 2012, 11:24:03 PM

Dumb question. Let's watch him play and perform consistently well for a few years before we even consider asking the question.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 07, 2012, 11:24:39 PM

Re: Do you think Lavonte David can be as good as Derrick Brooks?

i'd settle for Shelton Quarles

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 07, 2012, 11:25:18 PM

Hopefully better, same with Martin,  Mr Chill.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

snicker24

Starter
#5 : June 08, 2012, 12:05:12 AM

The Bucs may not have anybody better than Brooks at the linebacker position for the next 50 years. That's what happens when a team has/had a first ballot hall of famer. I mean seriously, the Dolphins are still searching for the next Marino and the 49ers are still searching for the next Rice. The problem is it won't happen. I'm guessing 50 years from now Ravens fans will still be asking when they get the next Ray Lewis. The probability of getting a first ballot hall of famer on your team is extremely small. The probability that you get another first ballot hall of famer at the same position within a reasonable amount of time is close to nothing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 08, 2012, 12:14:46 AM

Sh*t...I'd settle for Al Singleton...lol

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 08, 2012, 12:23:37 AM

The Bucs may not have anybody better than Brooks at the linebacker position for the next 50 years. That's what happens when a team has/had a first ballot hall of famer. I mean seriously, the Dolphins are still searching for the next Marino and the 49ers are still searching for the next Rice. The problem is it won't happen. I'm guessing 50 years from now Ravens fans will still be asking when they get the next Ray Lewis. The probability of getting a first ballot hall of famer on your team is extremely small. The probability that you get another first ballot hall of famer at the same position within a reasonable amount of time is close to nothing.

But yet he is not even in the Ring of Honor yet.    SMH

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 08, 2012, 07:13:18 AM

...but is Shelton any good without Brooks next to him and Sapp in front of him? I think we need some special players on this team to make guys like Shelton look great. We already have quite a few Sheltons imo.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 08, 2012, 07:19:33 AM

I can't believe he got votes for best LBer in Bucs history....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 08, 2012, 07:21:23 AM

I can't believe he got votes for best LBer in Bucs history....

Right? I mean I'm probably David's biggest fan, but to suggest he will be better than Brooks when he hasn't even played a single game in the NFL.....well it's pretty stupid. You could answer that question after two or three years of him starting maybe, but not now.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 08, 2012, 07:26:44 AM

Never compare rookies to Hall of Famers.....ever.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 08, 2012, 08:07:55 AM

He could be the next Brooks....or he could be the next Ernie Simms. Impossible to say until he shows us.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 08, 2012, 08:59:59 AM

can Doug Martin be as good as Warrick Dunn?

Warrick Dunn was mediocre for the most part with us. He had his best year with the Falcons.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#14 : June 08, 2012, 10:25:58 AM

Seems like there should be some category between servicable and probowler.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think Lavonte David can be as good as Derrick Brooks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools