Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think Lavonte David can be as good as Derrick Brooks? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : June 10, 2012, 07:05:27 PM

Long story short on Shelton Quarles imo....he was in the same category as Dwight Smith, Dexter Jackson, Greg Spires, and Brian Kelly. All good solid football players, but not great. The great players were Simeon RIce, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, and Ronde Barber. There is a difference between good dependable players and great players.

Problem is, we really don't know if we have any players that fit into that first category and we certainly don't have any from the second category. We might just be full of John Howells, Al Singletons, Corey Ivys, and Ryan Neces....guess we'll see in about 85 days!

I don't even think Lynch was great.

I think he wasn't actually elite either, but he was a hell of a player and I knew if I put him in the non-elite category I'd get a million responses about that instead of making my point....but in all honestly I think Lynch was a notch below the "special" category you'd reserve for guys like Sapp, Brooks, and Rice. 

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think Lavonte David can be as good as Derrick Brooks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools