Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holy crap..... Gronk got paaaaaaaaaaid!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : June 10, 2012, 11:05:41 PM

Sorry, I forgot.   I also wanted Bulaga and Decker that year.    I'd have taken Bulaga ahead of Gronkowski.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 11, 2012, 09:04:34 AM

Gronkowski is a product of the system.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 11, 2012, 09:45:18 AM

LOL!   Are you kidding?    It was common knowledge that I wanted the following that year:

Tim Tebow
Rob Gronkowski
Toby Gerhardt
Jordan Shipley
Aaron Hernandez

(and yes, I wanted to take Tebow at #3 overall)

Your first post on Gronkowski is from November 20th, well after the draft. 

Imagine had they taken Clay Matthews instead of Freeman, LeSean McCoy instead of trading for Winslow, Mike Wallace instead of Roy Miller, traded down in the first in 2010 for a lower first round pick and then taken Tebow in the late first round, Price is still the pick in high second, but take Gronkowski instead of Benn and Carlos Dunlop with the extra 2nd round pick they get for trading down from #3 to #20 in the first round, take Eric Decker or Jordan Shipley in the 3rd round rather than Myron Lewis.

This team would be rockin' and games would be selling out.

Unless you can produce the line of you wanting Gronk and subsequently being called racist, it's pretty clear you're making it up.  If you're going to B/S, be sure it's something you can't be exposed on.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 11, 2012, 09:51:06 AM

Carnell and Gaines in hindsight weren't great picks, but at the time no one was really sold on Rodgers, and Gaines looked like the real deal but had unseen health issues. However, why we selected Clayton over Jackson or Wilfork  is and will always be beyond my comprehension. If there was ever a pick that showed that your 1st round selection should be based on talent and not need, this one is the poster child. Had Gruden\Allen selected Jackson, there would have never been a Carnell which could have resulted in Rodgers. It is very easy to deride someone using hindsight, but I think most folks on this board at that time had the foresight to know it was a huge mistake to select Clayton based on the other available players.
Carnell over Derrick Johnson was the head scratcher for me.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 11, 2012, 01:59:38 PM

Your first post on Gronkowski is from November 20th, well after the draft. 

LOL, I saw this, laughed and then decided to look it up. It's not even November 20th of 2010, it's 2011 while Gronk was setting TE records.

Having Java on ignore is definitely the best, but sometimes I do miss out on his blatant, blatant lies.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holy crap..... Gronk got paaaaaaaaaaid!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools