Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill's Linebacker Takeo Spikes Is On The Trade Block « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 21, 2007, 11:38:09 PM

THe guy was a stud. I don't recall him for 06 but if he can still be the guy he was in 05 and earlier he deserves serious consideration.

You better hope he is not the guy he was in 2005 if he comes here-- he missed 13 games in 05, and in 06 missed 4 and when healthy his play was not very good last year.

Karen 30 is old for a LB who plays with reckless disregard for his body and has missed significant time his last 2 years.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 21, 2007, 11:49:04 PM

THe guy was a stud. I don't recall him for 06 but if he can still be the guy he was in 05 and earlier he deserves serious consideration.

You better hope he is not the guy he was in 2005 if he comes here-- he missed 13 games in 05, and in 06 missed 4 and when healthy his play was not very good last year.

Karen 30 is old for a LB who plays with reckless disregard for his body and has missed significant time his last 2 years.

Like I said I don't recall him well.  But I do recall him as being a stud.  Maybe it was 04, but my recollection of him is as a stud.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 22, 2007, 12:03:58 AM

He definitely was a stud.  And despite his off numbers, he is an upgrade at the MLB spot over Q or Ruud, mos def.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#18 : March 22, 2007, 03:09:51 AM

He'd definately Rock, but for the right price.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 22, 2007, 01:23:59 PM

"Hi my name is Barrett Ruud. Oh, you don't know me? I was drafted to be the Mike linebacker for the Bucs back in 2005."

The LB core is the least of my concerns for the Bucs right now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 22, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

"Hi my name is Barrett Ruud. Oh, you don't know me? I was drafted to be the Mike linebacker for the Bucs back in 2005."

The LB core is the least of my concerns for the Bucs right now.
It shouldn't be.  BUt after Q retires (if he retires I should say), it is Ruud, and then you are asking someone to play in a pinch.  TKO is better than Ruud is right now.  Hell, Q is better than Ruud right now.

TKO isn't coming to Tampa anyway, but he would be a fine fit.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#21 : March 25, 2007, 01:33:59 PM

The Eagles and Giants are reportively interested in Takeo Spikes.

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Eagles | Team showing interest in Spikes
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:42 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met. The Eagles would likely move Spikes to the outside if they acquire him. The team could also move him inside and make LB Jeremiah Trotter more of a two-down linebacker.

Giants | Team showing interest in Spikes
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:14 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New York Giants are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : March 25, 2007, 09:20:34 AM

Update: Takeo Spikes is close to being traded to an unnamed team.

From RotoWorld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Takeo Spikes-LB-Bills

The Bills are reportedly close to dealing Takeo Spikes to an unnamed team.
Spikes, 30, is coming off a mediocre 2006 campaign and entering the final two years of his deal but should be healthy now a full year removed from his torn Achilles'. Keith Ellison, a sixth-round pick last year, is expected to pick up one outside linebacker position when Spikes departs.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 25, 2007, 10:04:52 AM

he's 30..but def injury prone..
He is most definitely NOT injury prone. I believe he blew his knee out against the Bucs in 05. But for the first 7 or 8 years of his career, he missed about 1 game total.

He played in almost all of the games last year.

He is very durable, built like a tank, and can move faster than Ruud can TODAY. I would LOVE to see TKO manning the guts of this defense.

he WAS very durable in Cinci and early in Buffalo. Then he blew out his achilles in  2005. Missed 4 gams last year too, playing in a total of 15 games the last two years.  Man he was a stud in Cinci though.  Violent, athletic, emotional player. Everything a LB should be.  But at this point the injury risk outweighs the cost of his fat contract.  He'd have to significantly restructure before we'd consider it and even then he is an OLB not a MLB unless I'm mistaken.  Brian Simmons was the Mike in Cincy when he was there and Cowart/Fletcher were the Mike's in Buf depending on what year your're talking about.

Nature

Rookie

#24 : March 25, 2007, 10:59:02 AM

I wonder who the unnamed team is? Probably Atlanta or San Fran

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 25, 2007, 11:59:46 AM

I was on the Bills board talking trash before we played them a couple of years ago.   I was saying Takeo was a sissy (because they were all acting like he was the world's ultimate bad ass).    I made this picture for them.

I think Takeo, when healthy, is one of the best linebackers in the entire league.   It would be great to have him play here if he were healthy.   But if he were in good shape, the Bills wouldn't be getting rid of him would they?

I also made this animation the week we were playing the Bills.   They thought I was a real jerk.  LOL!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 25, 2007, 01:39:40 PM

I can see the Giants wanting him, espescially after dumping Arrington.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 25, 2007, 05:55:36 PM

If you really want a young Takeo Spikes then Patrick Willis should be our draft choice.  Not saying that's what I would do but Willis is one of the best defensive players in this draft IMHO and will be a very solid pro just like Spikes.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bill's Linebacker Takeo Spikes Is On The Trade Block « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools