Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Wears The Slipper This Year...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 11, 2012, 08:17:13 PM

I'm not even going to be that down on the defense...

and I too am an old guy who hasn't felt this good about a team in a long time.

If there is one achilles heel this season, it's our Dline and a lesser degree our LB play...    It could so easily go either way though...  I wouldn't mind a 49'ers type of season... :)

Yeah...  Personally, I just can't be that hard on the defense when they didn't have a defensive coordinator, and the coordinator they did have - wasn't even qualified to have been a DC...  Much less a Head-Friggin'-Coach...!

I firmly believe that our coaching staff...  If only for the fact that they're "complete" now - if but nothing than sheer numbers, much less their skill levels - that this team will improve in EVERY facet of the game.

Raheem is sure as hell praying we fall flat on our face though.  You can bet your beads on that!  Imagine if Schiano, and our beloved Bucs, were standing on the podium at the end of it all...?

Raheem is responsible for Freeman and many others being on this team. Also, he accepted his firing like a man and a gentleman. There were no hard feelings, and he readily jumped at the chance to return as a position coach. That has to be a very humbling experience. Raheem sucked as a HC and as a DC, and partying with the players was just plain stupid, but he has a connection with the players both personal and professional. It's still a reflection on him if they succeed. He's a lot of things both good and bad, but I don't see him as spiteful. You don't spend nearly a decade with a team without developing some sense of loyalty. If anything, he's praying for success.

++1

Everyone knows raheem failed, but like the guy said I never saw him behave in any way for me to think he would be so childish and spiteful. Bottom line you can love what schiano is doing without having to despise raheem, whom we have largely to thank for having a franchise QB

++2

I can't see Raheem actually "wishing badly" for the Bucs, and FWIW...  WAY off-topic, but ya gotta think Raheem, at the very least, dislikes the organization.  The players...  NO WAY.

I was just saying...  if Schiano is able to put together a monster season, with the core of guys Rah/Dom acquired during his tenure, that doesn't bode well for him.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 11, 2012, 08:19:26 PM

I definitely feel we are heading in the right direction and that Schiano is the perfect fit for this team at thia time. I think the offense will be ahead of the defense this year but I got the feeling we are building something special for the long haul.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2012, 09:06:57 PM

Raheem is ancient history, but should never have tried to be a DC when he was realistically still learning how to handle being a HC. Failing to check players' egos after some success 2 years ago, iMO, was his most glaring issue as a HC. Don't know who was responsible for the promotion of Olsen to OC, but that was another major problem under his watch.
     I doubt he has any ill will toward the Bucs organization, and certainly not towards any players.
     Back on topic, we got the pieces to be very good THIS YEAR. I will even say Freeman doesn't have to light it up, as we are gonna be Pounding the Rock like Chuckie never imagined... He just needs to avoid turnovers. Keeping the ball out of opposing QB's hands while wearing down opposing defenses with a power run game worked for the Dolphins back in the 70's under Don Shula...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 11, 2012, 09:28:41 PM

Nice paragraph but it was 1 preseason game man. Lay off the peace pipe.

That was posted in June....maybe you should take your own advice?
: August 11, 2012, 09:30:39 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 11, 2012, 09:33:37 PM

I'm 99% sure you are java...so no.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 23, 2012, 01:33:19 PM

Well...  I'm 100% sure you are wrong Jdubs, but...  That is not the point.  Back on topic...

The official "Royal Slipper Fitting" begins with the Failcon's visit this Sunday.

Pass this portion of the test, and the Bucs may very well be on their way to being the story of the year, not to mention - Schiano getting fitted for that "Coach of the Year" suit...!

C'mon Bucs...  Make us all proud and bring the WIN home this Sunday...!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 23, 2012, 01:38:17 PM

Official "Cinderella Bucs shirts" will be available for sale in a rusty van near the south entrance.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 23, 2012, 02:08:33 PM

Well...  I'm 100% sure you are wrong Jdubs, but...  That is not the point.  Back on topic...

The official "Royal Slipper Fitting" begins with the Failcon's visit this Sunday.

Pass this portion of the test, and the Bucs may very well be on their way to being the story of the year, not to mention - Schiano getting fitted for that "Coach of the Year" suit...!

C'mon Bucs...  Make us all proud and bring the WIN home this Sunday...!!!

Just WIN Bucs, Just WIn

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 23, 2012, 02:44:19 PM

Agreed . Crown us.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2012, 09:25:05 PM

Just WIN Bucs, Just WIn

Preach it brother...!  Congrats on the gig BTW.  Good luck in Cali, and hit me up before you're gone.

It's going to take numerous things falling into place - obviously, but... there's a definite possibility of us making the post season.

If they do occur, ANYTHING is possible...!

And Wilson...  Really....?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 23, 2012, 11:14:08 PM

Each and every game is important, but this game has another element to it. Both teams are being questioned mainly because of the records of the teams we have beaten. Whoever wins this game will have won two games against teams with winning  records. The Bucs will gain national attention even though it's not in prime time. Denver will take notice. The Bucs can and will win this game. I've been confident of that since early last spring. The Bucs won last year with less talent and putrid leadership. The Bucs are much improved since then, and the fowlgoons really haven't. I like our chances.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : November 24, 2012, 06:03:28 AM

I'm an old dude too.

That's true.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : November 24, 2012, 06:04:32 AM

At least you are consistent.    Wrong 99% of the time.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 24, 2012, 12:57:52 PM

JR - You're old enough to be my Grandpa.  And your man-boobs are bigger than Grandma's too...!

That's true.

It is what it is...  This is should help your posture brah...  I mean....

Bra.

Just glad to see your signifigant other is getting quality health care help from the locals.  You both deserve the best...!

Feel hiz Navidad...!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 24, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

At least you are consistent.    Wrong 99% of the time.

The 1% would be Doug Martin. Really can't think of another time he was ever right.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Wears The Slipper This Year...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools