Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

: June 13, 2012, 01:50:28 AM

Well...?   How many?

I'm gonna go with 8.

What sayeth thy wise ones...?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 13, 2012, 01:54:45 AM

I am looking for them to be competitive.

I think the NFC South will be up for grabs with Atl, New Orleans, and the Bucs all winning 10 games or so.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

snicker24

Starter
#2 : June 13, 2012, 01:54:59 AM

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 13, 2012, 02:06:43 AM

They have direction and discipline which they didn't last year....they spent money on elite FA's which they didn't last year...and they have a full offseason which they obviously didn't have last year so I'm thinking improvement is a no-brainer but for the season to be a success, they'd have to have a + rating against the NFC South IMO...if they manage to win 4 or 5 division games that would be huge....going .500 is still okay but overall I'd grade success by a positive division record.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 13, 2012, 02:23:44 AM

I think the NFC South will be up for grabs with Atl, New Orleans, and the Bucs all winning 10 games or so.

I think MANY of us, myself included, have admitted we'd be pleased with "competitive"...  But...

Isn't it mathematically impossible for all of the NFCS to win 10 games...?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 13, 2012, 02:34:17 AM

They have direction and discipline which they didn't last year....they spent money on elite FA's which they didn't last year...and they have a full offseason which they obviously didn't have last year so I'm thinking improvement is a no-brainer but for the season to be a success, they'd have to have a + rating against the NFC South IMO...if they manage to win 4 or 5 division games that would be huge....going .500 is still okay but overall I'd grade success by a positive division record.

Yeah, I was hoping for 4-5 divisional wins (at least) as well.  Odd thing is, I didn't think to tie it in to success THIS year so much.  But you're dead nights right man...  It really is!

I know, I know...  it's not rocket surgery, but the idea IS to win your division (of course), but how well we match-up to them this year will be a huge "tell" as to how the next few years will probably play out.

Nice call DacBeUckFa...   (I can NEVER read your s/n without saying it "wrong"...)

snicker24

Starter
#6 : June 13, 2012, 02:41:44 AM

I think MANY of us, myself included, have admitted we'd be pleased with "competitive"...  But...

Not at all, Everyone could go 3-3 in the division(like in 2008) and then every team in the division could theoretically win all of their other 10 games. Meaning that best case scenario would be a division with four thirteen win teams.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 13, 2012, 02:42:09 AM

Not really, a team could theoretically lose all their division games, and win every other game they played and come out 10-6.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 13, 2012, 02:46:03 AM

Yeah, I was hoping for 4-5 divisional wins (at least) as well.  Odd thing is, I didn't think to tie it in to success THIS year so much.  But you're dead nights right man...  It really is!

I know, I know...  it's not rocket surgery, but the idea IS to win your division (of course), but how well we match-up to them this year will be a huge "tell" as to how the next few years will probably play out.

Nice call DacBeUckFa...   (I can NEVER read your s/n without saying it "wrong"...)

Had this been the NFC West then maybe not so much but if they happen to win more than they lose in the South then it's a very good sign IMO....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : June 13, 2012, 04:57:06 AM

Eight

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : June 13, 2012, 05:31:58 AM

DanishBucFan

Second String
#11 : June 13, 2012, 06:06:56 AM

I would say 8 or more like the OP, but most of all I want to see Freeman progress and the team become competitive in every game. Anyone expecting 10 games or more are not being realistic. It really looks like the NFC South is gonna be HARD this year.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 13, 2012, 06:21:46 AM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 13, 2012, 06:55:11 AM

10. It's the magic number.

Raheem went 10-6 with much less quality on the roster. The guys that were here in 2010 were rookies. With the same roster, more experience, all the great players we added this offseason, much better coaching, and a similar schedule....this team should win 10 games again. If we win 11 or 12, I think we will have over achieved and Schiano will be coach of the year. If we win 8 or 9, I think it will be slightly disappointing but it'll get chalked up to an all new staff and everyone learning new offense and defense. If we win less than 8 then there will be serious concerns about the new regime.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 13, 2012, 10:14:52 AM

I think they are good enough to win 10 games. It's really gonna depend on how quick everything comes together.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools