Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 13, 2012, 10:21:14 AM

Playoffs.  Dom has already said he was done rebuilding team.  Time to tell if he knows what he is doing.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 13, 2012, 10:29:07 AM

With the schedule and free agent signings, there's no reason this team shouldn't win at least 10 games.  But, since it's Schiano's first year and a new atmosphere/regime/system, there could be some hiccups along the way.  As long as they win 6 or 7 games and an obvious positive outlook, I'd be fine with that.  That kind of 6/7 win season would be much prefered than the crappy "luck-filled" style 10-win season of 2010.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : June 13, 2012, 10:32:33 AM

It's really gonna depend on how quick everything comes together.

tough opponent schedule in '12 as well

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 13, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

a 6 or 7 win season will mean Freeman isn't a franchise QB more than likely.  With the improvements made to the team in talent and coaching he quite simply needs to do better than that.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 13, 2012, 10:42:42 AM

Huh?  Are you looking at last years schedule by accident?  The AFC West is a bunch of teams that IF they even got better, it's a nominal improvement.  In the division, the Falcons are decent, the Panthers are ok (and improving), the Saints are destined to win 5 games.  The NFC East is the toughest group, but the Redskins still stink and the Eagles still have Vick.  Then, we have the Rams and the Vikings.  If Bucs don't have one of the 5 easiest schedules by the end of the season, I'll be shocked.  There's probably only 4 playoff teams on their schedule (Giants, Eagles [or Cowboys - won't be both], Falcons, and AFC West team).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 13, 2012, 10:42:48 AM

Wins don't tell the whole story especially if our defense performs like Swiss cheese again. Freeman could be outstanding but not make up for a bad defense.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 13, 2012, 10:43:46 AM

9 or 10..I honestly can't decide. They are talented enough in some areas to make it happen...hopefully the coaching and preparation is 5X better...wont take much to hit that.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 13, 2012, 10:45:42 AM

Huh?  Are you looking at last years schedule by accident?  The AFC West is a bunch of teams that IF they even got better, it's a nominal improvement.  In the division, the Falcons are decent, the Panthers are ok (and improving), the Saints are destined to win 5 games.  The NFC East is the toughest group, but the Redskins still stink and the Eagles still have Vick.  Then, we have the Rams and the Vikings.  If Bucs don't have one of the 5 easiest schedules by the end of the season, I'll be shocked.  There's probably only 4 playoff teams on their schedule (Giants, Eagles [or Cowboys - won't be both], Falcons, and AFC West team).

I disagree w/ much of what you posted. The opponents will be very tough.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 13, 2012, 10:49:46 AM

a 6 or 7 win season will mean Freeman isn't a franchise QB more than likely.  With the improvements made to the team in talent and coaching he quite simply needs to do better than that.

Whether they win 6, 7, 10, or 12 games, I still don't think Freeman is a franchise QB.  Aside from that, there is a chance that the schedule could turn out to be rather difficult (I do doubt it though), if that's the case, like I said... with a new system and regime and accompany that with a tougher than expected schedule, I could see 6 or 7 wins being a successful season providing the end of the season shows a tremendous upward swing.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 13, 2012, 10:52:46 AM

I disagree w/ much of what you posted. The opponents will be very tough.

You must have a very negative opinion than this Bucs team then.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 13, 2012, 10:56:12 AM

Oh, and one other thing... the defense.  It was AWFUL!!  A great QB can make up for a bad defense, see NE, GB, and NYG for evidence of that.  Freeman isn't good enough to win 10 games unless this defense is ranked in the top half of the league.  If they are ranked around 20 and less, 6 or 7 wins is reasonable.  They drafted Barron... but what real improvements were made on defense?  We're going to have to rely on coaching and player development to improve from the worst defense in the league.  I'm ok with that, but you can't expect a tremendous jump in one offseason.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 13, 2012, 10:58:47 AM

4-12 to 12-4. I guess you have a lot of faith in our new HC. Finally give up on Gruden?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : June 13, 2012, 10:59:10 AM

10. It's the magic number.

Raheem went 10-6 with much less quality on the roster. The guys that were here in 2010 were rookies. With the same roster, more experience, all the great players we added this offseason, much better coaching, and a similar schedule....this team should win 10 games again. If we win 11 or 12, I think we will have over achieved and Schiano will be coach of the year. If we win 8 or 9, I think it will be slightly disappointing but it'll get chalked up to an all new staff and everyone learning new offense and defense. If we win less than 8 then there will be serious concerns about the new regime.
This is my sentiments as well.

Obviously if we lose a bunch of close games, that'll effect the win total. But at least they need to be close games.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#28 : June 13, 2012, 11:06:44 AM

10. It's the magic number.

Raheem went 10-6 with much less quality on the roster. The guys that were here in 2010 were rookies. With the same roster, more experience, all the great players we added this offseason, much better coaching, and a similar schedule....this team should win 10 games again. If we win 11 or 12, I think we will have over achieved and Schiano will be coach of the year. If we win 8 or 9, I think it will be slightly disappointing but it'll get chalked up to an all new staff and everyone learning new offense and defense. If we win less than 8 then there will be serious concerns about the new regime.

I agree for the most part, however I think that at least 11 wins are necessary to mark this season as a success because 11 puts us in the playoffs.  GM Dominik has abandoned the youth movement concept and has the win now attitude due to the amount of money this team spent in FA acquisitions.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 13, 2012, 11:27:56 AM

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools