Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

CJBROOKS09

Second String
#150 : June 21, 2012, 01:42:53 AM

8+

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#151 : June 21, 2012, 07:45:21 PM

I'm excited to see the product.
Rarely does a team that wins 4 games the previous year generate such anticipation.

Some would say I'm crazy for saying, but...  ALL of the pieces may be in place to make a solid run.

Well, I'd say the arrow is pointing up.
I don't think we were as bad as last year's record/performance, that's for sure.

Many things are still to be determined from the coaching staff on down to the players.
Still lots of question marks and adjustments to be made.

However, if this team is able to grow together over the next five to seven years and stay relatively healthy I think we'll all be happy with the results.

Turn the page.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#152 : June 21, 2012, 08:57:38 PM

So many "ifs", so little time ;D
    IMO one of the key ingredients to our success could be that Schiano appears to be a master time manager, not wasting a moment AND not wanting his PLAYERS wasting time on non-football stuff at practice. All their activities down to minute details have a PURPOSE. Like RUNNING to water breaks, which helps their conditioning as well keeps that "sense of urgency" in their head for ALL of practice. Room temperatures kept low to ensure players don't nod off in class, more likely to keep them FOCUSED on what's being taught.

I worked for the same bank as Lee Roy Selmon back in the '80's, and remember they created a "time and motion" study group to observe the procedures practiced in all the bank personnels' daily activities at work.
The group would then make recommendations to management as to ways to shorten actvities or reduce errors. Sorta the same idea of what Schiano is doing; no wasted motion, and getting the most out of every minute.

And with the CBA's limitations, teams that BEST utilize available time allotted for off-season activities DO gain an advantage... Whether it's enough to win additional ball games is debatable, but it certainly COULD be :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#153 : June 22, 2012, 12:37:53 AM

I would like to think, in honor of Chazmoney, that they would win 16 games plus.

Of course, that isn't likely to happen.  But that is why I watch games.

What I do think will happen is, based on what I am seeing so far, is that the BUcs will win 6 games.  But they will be closer, and Freeman will learn to play less "with Singletary eyes", and with more calm, and happiness. 

If the BUcs win 9 games I will consider it a massive success.  If they win 6, I will consider it an improvement.  I have to see what Schiano is capable of doing, aside from Drill Sargin' the players.  He is good for that, he is good at cutting players...but can he plan STRATEGY?  Does he know the Ins and OUTS of fottball with 3 minutes to go in the fourth, at the pro level?  Will GREG SCHIANO know how to handle the pressure at this level?  We sure as hell will find out.  Soon.  He is under the most pressure.  If he wins, say 4 games next year, he will be the same bad coach we had with Rah, IMO.  Only meaner.

A TON of talent on the offensive side of the ball.  A ton of what we percieve to be better coaching.  Do these guys have it?  We will find out.

Coaches, players, all of them.  But this Buc team isn't as laden with talent as so many believe it to be.  They sucked rocks last year.  I predict 6 wins.  But much more entertaining ball.  For some reason, my faith is waning with the roster.  Freeman in paricular.  He has to get it done.  And his release has to be quicker, and snappier.  More precise.  I just don;t see him being a QB who hits guys in stride...he has never been that in his entire career, for the most part.  Can he do that?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#154 : June 22, 2012, 02:25:54 AM

Finky, good post. Freeman and Zuttah are two of my biggest question marks on the offense. On defense, IMHO we still have several.

In Verner We Trust

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#155 : June 22, 2012, 02:32:32 AM

8 would be a modest success (twice as many Ws). 10 would be huge, and anything beyond that would be phenomenal gravy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#156 : June 22, 2012, 09:22:22 AM

Finky, good post. Freeman and Zuttah are two of my biggest question marks on the offense. On defense, IMHO we still have several.

Why is Zuttah a question mark?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#157 : June 22, 2012, 10:43:29 AM

How are Freeman and Zuttah bigger question marks than Trueblood?

..and if Freeman is a question mark(which I agree with)...then I think that MW19, Penn and Joseph need to be right there with him...cause all 4 sucked last year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#158 : June 22, 2012, 03:42:48 PM

Trueblood may be better than Zuttah. We don't know that he can play center. ''Versatile'' can be a catchword for not playing anything particularly well.

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#159 : June 22, 2012, 05:44:51 PM

We don't know that he can play center.

Yes we do.  He played there when Faine was nursing his annual hymen strain.  And he played it better than Faine did.

Trueblood may be better than Zuttah.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#160 : June 22, 2012, 05:49:01 PM

We don't know that he can play center.

Yes we do.  He played there when Faine was nursing his annual hymen strain.  And he played it better than Faine did.

+1

..and LOL at the "hymen strain"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Would Make You Consider The Season A Success...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools