Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
: June 13, 2012, 11:17:36 AM

Assuming Lavonte David lives up to his billing as a Derrick Books style player, one whould think Ruud would thrive this season, especially now that Mason Foster (who is reportedly coming on strong this offseason) would be playing opposite David.

Here's to hoping someone unseats QB @ SLB.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 13, 2012, 11:45:57 AM

Schiano wants his linebackers to play downhill not down field.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 13, 2012, 12:31:58 PM

Me too.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 13, 2012, 12:38:28 PM

I'll drink to that.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

yungbull

Starter
#4 : June 13, 2012, 12:42:25 PM

LMAO!!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 13, 2012, 12:42:51 PM

You know who doesn't wish they had Barrett Ruud? 31 NFL teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#6 : June 13, 2012, 12:44:54 PM

Either that or he plays good enough to be the best player for that position, it's like people don't consider any possibility that he can get better than last year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 13, 2012, 12:50:18 PM

Either that or he plays good enough to be the best player for that position, it's like people don't consider any possibility that he can get better than last year.
In 3 of the first 6 games last year before the team quit, the defense held the opponent to 70 yards rushing or less. In 16 games last year with the defense actually trying in almost all of them, they allowed over 70 yards rushing in all 16. When the team was playing well with Foster, they were playing better than they ever were with Ruud.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 13, 2012, 12:50:53 PM

yes, after 5 years of sucking, hes going to miraculously turn the corner and become good. Its like people dont consider hes sucked for years now, not just last year.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#9 : June 13, 2012, 12:56:07 PM

yes, after 5 years of sucking, hes going to miraculously turn the corner and become good. Its like people dont consider hes sucked for years now, not just last year.

And yet it somehow does actually happen sometimes in the NFL when a player gets put in a different scheme with different coaches.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 13, 2012, 12:57:15 PM

Even before last year...he never was anything more than below-average. I don't want Barrett Ruud of present on this team...but in '09 and '10..Ruud greatly covered the inefficiencies of Q.B....when Ruud leaves...Quincy really showed us what he was.....absolutely worthless. It is seriously worse having him out on the field..it would be better to just put 10 guys out there...that way you can plan around 10 guys that you can count on rather than one guy being constantly out of position and running around like his head was cut off. Okay that is probably an exaggeration...but seriously, I see no reason why Curran, Goode or Hayward should not be able to beat out Q.B.

I mean, is there a chance that he can improve and be average....sure. I would put it at less than 5%.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 13, 2012, 01:18:23 PM

Yea, I think you hear all these coaches favoring QB, and wanting him to become the starter, largley because of his contract.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 13, 2012, 01:26:20 PM

In 2007 & 2008, when Ruud had two physical linebackers supporting him, he was a playmaker.

In 2009, & 2010 he had Geno Hayes and Quincy Black as support.

Dude is boom or bust depending on his supporting cast of linebackers.

This year we have Lavonte David and Mason Foster (who would be even better @ OLB) and I think Barett Ruud would have had a career season had he been signed to a long-term contract. 
: June 13, 2012, 01:30:06 PM TampaBucks05

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : June 13, 2012, 01:26:31 PM

Ruud would be the best linebacker on the Bucs if he was still on the roster.   Who with any common sense wouldn't want Barrett Ruud on the Bucs right now?   

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 13, 2012, 01:30:33 PM

Ruud would be the best linebacker on the Bucs if he was still on the roster.   Who with any common sense wouldn't want Barrett Ruud on the Bucs right now?   
I dont want him.  But whats more important is that Dominic dont want him back.
: June 13, 2012, 01:32:05 PM Tampa-Two

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools