Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 13, 2012, 01:33:32 PM

Ruud would be the best linebacker on the Bucs if he was still on the roster.   Who with any common sense wouldn't want Barrett Ruud on the Bucs right now?   

Obviously in the NFL, where its WHAT-HAVE-YOU-DONE-FOR-ME-LATELY? the vast majority of people wouldn't WANT Ruud on their team. I'm just saying, I think it would be a great fit for him and he would have a career season.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 13, 2012, 01:34:38 PM

Schiano wants his linebackers to play downhill not down field.

In 2007 & 2008, when Ruud had two physical linebackers supporting him, he was a playmaker.

In 2009, & 2010 he had Geno Hayes and Quincy Black as support.

Dude is boom or bust depending on his supporting cast of linebackers.

This year we have Lavonte David and Mason Foster (who would be even better @ OLB) and I think Barett Ruud would have had a career season had he been signed to a long-term contract.
Why do you sign a player to a long term contract if you need other players to prop him up? The players you're supposed to sign to long term contracts are the ones who prop up players without long term contracts, like the Bucs did with Derrick Brooks and Cato June in 2007 and 2008.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 13, 2012, 01:45:40 PM

In 2007 & 2008, when Ruud had two physical linebackers supporting him, he was a playmaker.

This year we have Lavonte David and Mason Foster (who would be even better @ OLB) and I think Barett Ruud would have had a career season had he been signed to a long-term contract.
Why do you sign a player to a long term contract if you need other players to prop him up? The players you're supposed to sign to long term contracts are the ones who prop up players without long term contracts, like the Bucs did with Derrick Brooks and Cato June in 2007 and 2008.

When most people hear the words' long-term' contract they associate it with a big dollar-per-year average. And yes, I would agree with you in that you should only sign your 'fixture type'  players to a long-term(lucrative) deal. Ruud was not asking for that. We could have hooked the guy up with something like a 5 year $15M contract and he would have been a happy camper.

The question you should be asking is why would MD sign Quincy 'stinkin' Black to a 5-YEAR $29MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT??? and not even bother making Ruud an offer.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 13, 2012, 02:07:03 PM

When most people hear the words' long-term' contract they associate it with a big dollar-per-year average. And yes, I would agree with you in that you should only sign your 'fixture type'  players to a long-term(lucrative) deal. Ruud was not asking for that. We could have hooked the guy up with something like a 5 year $15M contract and he would have been a happy camper.

The question you should be asking is why would MD sign Quincy 'stinkin' Black to a 5-YEAR $29MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT??? and not even bother making Ruud an offer.

I already know the answer to that question. Mark Dominick is a dipwad.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 13, 2012, 02:11:00 PM

I'd rather not trade one mistake for another and instead send both walking.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 13, 2012, 02:19:06 PM

The mistake was not Barrett Rudd.  It was not aquiring talent around him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 13, 2012, 02:27:29 PM

The mistake was not Barrett Rudd.  It was not aquiring talent around him.
You don't build around role players.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : June 13, 2012, 02:43:08 PM

I agree.   That's why they need to get rid of Foster.    He is worthless in pass coverage.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 13, 2012, 02:45:32 PM

I agree.   That's why they need to get rid of Foster.    He is worthless in pass coverage.
So he's an upgrade over Ruud then? Since he was worthless in general.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 13, 2012, 02:58:18 PM

Ruud is one of the best LB in pass coverage.

Dude is a baller.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 13, 2012, 02:59:49 PM

I think Barett Ruud would have had a career season had he been signed to a long-term contract.

Maybe if he started wearing these on game day...

...instead on these...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 13, 2012, 03:02:09 PM

How valuable was Ruud in pass coverage his first couple of years when his asss was parked on the bench? At least Foster was good enough to get in the game his rookie season.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 13, 2012, 03:04:37 PM

At least Foster was good enough to get in the game his rookie season.

If you think Foster would have played back when Shelton Quarles was the starter, you don't know much.   Foster was not good enough to get in the game his rookie season.   There just wasn't anyone else who was good enough to get in the game either, so he played by default.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 13, 2012, 03:06:01 PM

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 13, 2012, 03:06:19 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools