Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : June 13, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 13, 2012, 03:09:46 PM

You don't build around role players.

I agree.   That's why they need to get rid of Foster.    He is worthless in pass coverage.

Christ I quit. Apparently noone has heard of CHEMISTRY before. Foster is NEEDED if you have Ruud on the team. One Covers and one thumps.

Since we have Foster and David it would be nice if we would have signed Ruud last year as opposed to having Foster play in the middle (his UNNATURAL position) and having QB at SLB. Thats all I was saying and I dont see how one can argue with me, especially when you consider the extra $14 it costed to sign QB as oppsed to what Ruud would settled with.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 13, 2012, 03:10:42 PM

At least Foster was good enough to get in the game his rookie season.

If you think Foster would have played back when Shelton Quarles was the starter, you don't know much.   Foster was not good enough to get in the game his rookie season.   There just wasn't anyone else who was good enough to get in the game either, so he played by default.

Dominik had a choice. He decided to cut bait on Ruud and insert Foster as a starter. That should tell you what they thought of each player's upside.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 13, 2012, 03:12:11 PM

"When Derrick Brooks retires, expect Ruud to take over as the undisputed leader of the defense"  FAIL

Yes, he was great in 07. But that was his prime. Since that year he has been absolutely rubbish. Stop living in the past. Time to move on from that bum.
: June 13, 2012, 03:16:44 PM Tampa-Two

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 13, 2012, 03:14:51 PM

You don't build around role players.

I agree.   That's why they need to get rid of Foster.    He is worthless in pass coverage.

Christ I quit. Apparently noone has heard of CHEMISTRY before. Foster is NEEDED if you have Ruud on the team. One Covers and one thumps.

Since we have Foster and David it would be nice if we would have signed Ruud last year as opposed to having Foster play in the middle (his UNNATURAL position) and having QB at SLB. Thats all I was saying and I dont see how one can argue with me, especially when you consider the extra $14 it costed to sign QB as oppsed to what Ruud would settled with.
I agree we would upgrade the sam position with moving Foster there but if we were to have Ruud as our MLB we would have the worst MLB in the league. QB is a better SAM than Ruud is at MLB.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 13, 2012, 03:18:59 PM

That was 4 full seasons ago...based upon what we saw last year(and will more than likely see this year)..Ruud is not the same player.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#36 : June 13, 2012, 03:28:16 PM

Freeman clearly was not the same player in 2011 as he was in 2010.   Better get rid of him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 13, 2012, 03:43:02 PM

There is a huge difference when you are talking about the player Ruud was in his 3rd year compared to his 7th year...and when talking about Freeman in his 2nd year compared to his 3rd year.....and you know better.

The difference becomes even more staggering when you factor in that Ruud's '07 season came while playing for a future HOF DC....and Freeman's 3 years of playing time came while playing for a future janitor pretending to be an OC.

...you know better.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 13, 2012, 05:08:46 PM

Barrett Ruud was done in 2010.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 13, 2012, 05:24:12 PM

If you think Foster would have played back when Shelton Quarles was the starter, you don't know much.   Foster was not good enough to get in the game his rookie season.   There just wasn't anyone else who was good enough to get in the game either, so he played by default.

Dominik had a choice. He decided to cut bait on Ruud and insert Foster as a starter. That should tell you what they thought of each player's upside.

And we all know Mark Dominick's record as an evaluator of upside has been stellar. That Quincy Black guy is due to break out any day now. Any day.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 13, 2012, 05:28:23 PM

Let's bring back Chris Hovan, Sabby Piscatelli, and Jeff Faine too. I mean, if we can't let go of the past and want to start bringing back our old crappy players....why stop at Ruud?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 13, 2012, 07:10:02 PM

And we all know Mark Dominick's record as an evaluator of upside has been stellar. That Quincy Black guy is due to break out any day now. Any day.

Well, so far his record has been stellar when it comes to getting rid of players. Not a one of them has amounted to a crap, since they were cut by the Bucs. Now when it comes to re-signing players.......that's another story.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 13, 2012, 07:39:02 PM

Well, so far his record has been stellar when it comes to getting rid of players. Not a one of them has amounted to a crap, since they were cut by the Bucs. Now when it comes to re-signing players.......that's another story.
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#43 : June 13, 2012, 07:50:43 PM

Foster was bad last year. He is not a thumper, and I have no idea what people see that makes them think he would be better at SLB than MLB. He should certainly improve over his rookie performance, but he needs to improve quite a bit to be an NFL caliber starting LB. He was a big downgrade from Ruud last year, and it was as plain as day.

Ruud would have been a good guy to have around. If nothing else....he could set an example of professionalism and be a good mind in the film room and on gamedays. More than likely, he'd continue to be the best tackler in our front 7 and at least be able to adjust the defense with some intelligence.  Dominick really screwed the pooch not even offering him a respectable contract.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 13, 2012, 07:56:33 PM

Foster was bad last year. He is not a thumper, and I have no idea what people see that makes them think he would be better at SLB than MLB. He should certainly improve over his rookie performance, but he needs to improve quite a bit to be an NFL caliber starting LB. He was a big downgrade from Ruud last year, and it was as plain as day.

Maybe so, but you gotta remember that Ruud spent over a couple of years riding the pine before he was anointed the starting MLB job. Foster was thrown in the mix from day one....on a bad team....with a bad d-line and LB supporting cast. Let's compare the two in a couple more years then we will know if Dom screwed this one up long-term.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kind of wish we had Barrett Ruud right now..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools