Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLOUNT SHATTERING MYTHS ABOUT HIS HANDS, PASS PROTECTION AND FUMBLES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: June 14, 2012, 01:16:11 PM

Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount has made strides in three key areas this offseason catching the ball, pass protection and ball security and plans on hanging on to the starting halfback job. Blount wants to return to being a 1,000-yard rusher this season.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8016:&Itemid=15

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 14, 2012, 01:30:50 PM

The hands I can somewhat believe but let's not say he has improved his pass protection until he actually has someone in his face and ready to hit.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 14, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

How do you shatter myths in mini-camp?

Looking forward to seeing what he does when the games begin.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 14, 2012, 03:08:20 PM

The hands I can somewhat believe but let's not say he has improved his pass protection until he actually has someone in his face and ready to hit.

the biggest part of pass pro for a RB is knowing the assignments. Are you implying that Blount cant get in the way or slow someone down whos rushing the passer?

Either way, this article is going to be awesome for Blount haters......

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 14, 2012, 03:49:44 PM

the biggest part of pass pro for a RB is knowing the assignments. Are you implying that Blount cant get in the way or slow someone down whos rushing the passer?

If he could, this article wouldn't exist and we probably wouldn't have drafted Martin, and that's coming from someone who likes Blount.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 14, 2012, 03:50:53 PM

Good for him. Will keep him on the field longer. Good for our offense and will make it less predictable when hes on the field. Whether you like the guy or not this is good for the Bucs offense.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 14, 2012, 04:05:43 PM

If he could, this article wouldn't exist and we probably wouldn't have drafted Martin, and that's coming from someone who likes Blount.

How do you know he cant? because Olson said so? Wheres he coordinating at now? This just further proves how inept Olson was more than it proves anything about Blount not being able to block.

RBs just have to get in the way of rushers, they dont have to block a guy for 3+ seconds off the LOS all while having good footwork and hand placement. Knowing the assignments is the biggest part by far. Given Blounts size, Im pretty sure he can get in front of someone enough to slow them down.

Also, you honestly think the Bucs wouldnt have drafted Martin or any other back high if Blount could block? Then who were they going to roll with? Blount and Madu? They were the only guys on the roster. A RB was pretty much a given for just about everybody on this board regardless of Blounts blocking ability.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 14, 2012, 04:29:31 PM

It's amazing that some Buc "fans" have so much animosity towards Blount... That even after a great positive report from camp.....they still have nothing but negatives to share.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#8 : June 14, 2012, 04:36:37 PM

He can catch the ball. Not sure about pass protection, but his ball security issues are pretty real. Not sure how he shattered that during OTAs

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : June 14, 2012, 04:41:54 PM

BLOUNT SHATTERING MYTHS ABOUT HIS HANDS, PASS PROTECTION AND FUMBLES

Myths? Are you his agent?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 14, 2012, 04:42:44 PM

Your dumber that LOLson if you don't think Blount can handle the duties of being our feature-back. The guy is a human highlight reel. Multiple pro-bowls in his future. 

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 14, 2012, 04:44:06 PM

Myths? No. Lies.

Lies righ out of LOLson's mouth.
Lies right out of Heemy's mouth

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 14, 2012, 04:45:25 PM

Assuming this all turns out to be true, it won't be terribly surprising that he's improved with an actual offseason with the team. I hope that is the case since he has a rare skill set.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 14, 2012, 04:51:33 PM

i take it this is a free article?

i wonder about the use of the word "myth".  if it was only a myth why would blount give a quote like this...

Ive been working on pass protection and picking up the blitzes this offseason, Blount said. Thats the thing Ive been working on the most. I can say thats what Ive improved on the most.

the myth lies in his inability to be a pass protector and receiver.  sounds like the truth is that he wasnt working as hard on it as he should have been.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 14, 2012, 04:55:02 PM

It's amazing that some Buc "fans" have so much animosity towards Blount... That even after a great positive report from camp.....they still have nothing but negatives to share.

i have no animosity for blount, but over the offseason i did come up with many scenarios to ship him out.  i believed the rumors of his work ethic in seasons past.  sounds like he is really putting in the time, and with schiano in charge i will assume we can be sure of at least that.  funny, another guy i began to believe was limited is the other star in camp, preston parker.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLOUNT SHATTERING MYTHS ABOUT HIS HANDS, PASS PROTECTION AND FUMBLES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools