Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLOUNT SHATTERING MYTHS ABOUT HIS HANDS, PASS PROTECTION AND FUMBLES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 14, 2012, 07:27:32 PM

He has shattered the "myth" that he can't pass protect while wearing shorts in non-contact drills.....how's that work exactly ? Also easy not to fumble when no one is allowed to try and tackle you , lol.

I'll be skeptical till I see it in the games.
: June 14, 2012, 07:29:58 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 14, 2012, 07:56:14 PM

The knock on him was he couldn't remember his assignments.  If he's doing it now then the problem -- which IMO was not his

no personal accountability huh?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 14, 2012, 08:07:20 PM

It's pointless to use highlights to show that a guy can do something when they leave out the plays when they don't.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 14, 2012, 08:24:24 PM

Martin was drafted because the bucs had one NFL caliber RB - that's dumb.

I am sorry to see folks being so negative towards Blount - sounds to me like the new staff has shown the leadership the young man needed.  Not all (or many) arrive in the NFL ready to meet the the "personal accountability" needed to be successful.  Most other teams had two advantages over the bucs last year.  Established veterans - always handy to help young players get acclimated, and a demanding coaching staff.  jmvho

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ingey1968

Starter

#34 : June 14, 2012, 08:59:01 PM

This is the most intelligent post in the thread.

He has shattered the "myth" that he can't pass protect while wearing shorts in non-contact drills.....how's that work exactly ? Also easy not to fumble when no one is allowed to try and tackle you , lol.

I'll be skeptical till I see it in the games.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 14, 2012, 09:03:00 PM

It's pointless to use highlights to show that a guy can do something when they leave out the plays when they don't.

That is like saying all the time Superman saved the Earth is pointless because sometimes people still die.....the guy is an amazing runner. AMAZING. UNIQUE. RIDICULOUSLY GIFTED.....but lets ignore that because sometimes he has bad plays.  ???  Let's ignore his highlight reel and the fact that in two years his highlight reel puts many 10 year vets to shame. Let's just force the guy right out of town so he can be amazing somewhere else and then we miserable Tampa fans can have something else to complain about.

P.S. The guy has only been in the NFL for two years, this year, right now, is his first offseason, and it is now common knowledge that the coaching staff he had those first two years was clueless and under qualified....but lets ignore that too.
: June 14, 2012, 09:09:59 PM JDouble

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 14, 2012, 09:04:07 PM

Apparently, the message board gurus knew more about Blount than the last coaching staff. We'll see what's up this season.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : June 14, 2012, 09:05:22 PM

PR.com comes across to me as a cheerleader for the Bucs and aren't necessarily as critical as they should be when warranted.

Are they afraid of losing their press passes and media access?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 14, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

Martin > Blount

Heading forward

Martin is reliable on short distances where Blount at 6'0 250 is pretty much useless. That's why Martin was brought in, because he can move the chains, catch passes, and improve the overall RB depth.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 14, 2012, 09:07:37 PM

HAHAHHA! So funny. If they aren't constantly looking at the glass half empty like typical Tampa sports media....they are cheerleaders. Gotta love it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 14, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

Apparently, the message board gurus knew more about Blount than the last coaching staff. We'll see what's up this season.

they definitely know how hard he was working in practice and in the film room.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 14, 2012, 09:14:07 PM

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 14, 2012, 09:17:48 PM

Didn't know thinking that Blount is good for a NFL #2 back was hating.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 14, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

As Schiano noted in a recent chat, last season's Bucs were primarily done in by inconsistancy. Blount was no exception. Had some highlights, had some lowlights. I'm gonna chalk last season's issues up to a combination of insufficient time to LEARN things like pass pro as thoroughly as needed, as well as insufficient practice time to iron out any kinks. The fact that he's putting in the time and effort NOW while getting plenty of PRACTICE bodes well for fans. Adding Martin will give us a 2nd quality back, which we'll need if we're ever gonna be a dominant running team.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 14, 2012, 10:30:38 PM

Didn't know thinking that Blount is good for a NFL #2 back was hating.

Out of all the negative posts in this thread....why do you assume I am referring directly to you?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BLOUNT SHATTERING MYTHS ABOUT HIS HANDS, PASS PROTECTION AND FUMBLES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools