Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Secret Superstar:... Michael Bennett, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 18, 2012, 10:48:59 PM

No, I am not.  They just are a bunch of wannabe's, until they get it done.

Until then, I ain't buying the "potential" brand regarding the D-line.  Health, production, pressure...all of this matters.  It all amounts to reality.  Regarding the BUcs hitting the other temas QBs, it is a fact the Bucs have a pitiablre bunch in generating pressure.  Until that changes with longevity, and production, and results, I aint buying it.  Gotta see it first.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 19, 2012, 03:16:10 AM

Fans are generally not forgiving enough towards the young, developing players. Bennett is a very good football player. Give him some time.

If you never give players time to develop, you will never build a winning football team.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#32 : June 19, 2012, 05:51:39 AM

Dude has a nose for the ball. With the improved coaching and p;ay calling he should improve majorly I would think. We can say that for everybody though.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 19, 2012, 07:37:35 AM

Until then, I ain't buying the "potential" brand regarding the D-line.  Health, production, pressure...all of this matters.  It all amounts to reality.  Regarding the BUcs hitting the other temas QBs, it is a fact the Bucs have a pitiablre bunch in generating pressure.  Until that changes with longevity, and production, and results, I aint buying it.  Gotta see it first.
Not too sure of the meaning of pitiabire - but if it is close to non-existent - I am on board.  Too much bad play, and injury, going to have to show me/see it before I am comfortable enough to have high expectations.  Right now - I have hope for health and better play, not expectations. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 19, 2012, 10:59:36 AM

Agree 100%.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 19, 2012, 02:17:31 PM

Typically, in football, there's on such thing as a one-man pass rush.  In 99.9% of cases, you need two great pass rushers to create consistent pressure.  The only two exceptions that I know of, in the history of the professional sport, are Reggie White and Cortez Kennedy.  I might toss in Randy White or Bob Lilly to round it out, but it's near impossible to sack a quarterback if three quarters of your defensive line gets crushed at the line of scrimmage.

EDIT: I have no opinion one way or the other on Michael Bennett's pass-rushing abilities... just pointing out a truth of NFL football.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 19, 2012, 06:43:21 PM

Ask Matty Melt if we had a pash rush game 1 of last season. Ask Bree's if we had one. I saw a pass rush against Indy on the monday nighter.

The Bucs Have a pass rush. Inconsistent? Yes.
Young and experienced? Yes.

Schiano has the tools to transform this team into a world beater.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 19, 2012, 07:27:59 PM

Fans are generally not forgiving enough towards the young, developing players.

definitely agree.

Dude has a nose for the ball.

agree, but is it because of talent or freelancing?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 19, 2012, 08:24:32 PM

I would guess I don't have the same thought about the phrase in the OP - Secret Superstar - as having seen Bennett play the term Superstar hasn't popped into my mind at my most secret moments.  Solid backup has, less than average DE has, too small to play DT has, but not Superstar. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 20, 2012, 08:29:49 AM

I would guess I don't have the same thought about the phrase in the OP - Secret Superstar - as having seen Bennett play the term Superstar hasn't popped into my mind at my most secret moments.  Solid backup has, less than average DE has, too small to play DT has, but not Superstar.
It's merely the title for a series on under the radar players. If you look at all the other teams' "Secret Superstars", you'd see they're a bunch of solid back ups, too. I don't think it's meant to suggest Bennett is the next Michael Strahan.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 20, 2012, 08:40:37 AM

But there are many here acting like he is the next Strahan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 20, 2012, 08:45:28 AM

But there are many here acting like he is the next Strahan.
HE'S YOUNG!!!! GIVE HIM TIME TO DEVELOP!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 11, 2014, 08:44:36 PM

Looks like PFF got something right.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Secret Superstar:... Michael Bennett, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools