Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
: June 18, 2012, 04:34:43 PM

Per Stroud Twitter

"@NFLSTROUD: The case against Bucs CB Aqib Talib on assault with a deadly weapon has been dismissed by Dallas Co. prosecutors, agent Frank Perez said."

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

freddy

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 18, 2012, 04:36:46 PM

Wow if true. If dismissed, that may even weaken the NFL's case for a suspension. I'm interested as to why it was dismissed.

BTW - I'm quite pleased. I'm getting the feeling that daddy Schiano might  straighten this guy out. I use to be one wishing to get rid of him, but I enact my constitutional rights and change my mind. Short leash, but lets see what happens.
: June 18, 2012, 04:39:13 PM Freddy

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 18, 2012, 04:37:11 PM

Holy **CENSORED**! Great News!

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#3 : June 18, 2012, 04:39:42 PM

WOW I am SHOCKED!

Thanks for the sig Java!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 18, 2012, 04:40:18 PM

Wow if true. If dismissed, that may even weaken the NFL's case for a suspension. I'm interested as to why it was dismissed.
weaken?  They have no case to suspend.  Either you are pregnant or you are not.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 18, 2012, 04:41:03 PM

Wow. If true, that's huge for us. Say what you will about Talib, he's still the most talented CB on our team at the moment and his presence makes our defensive backfield that much better.

Can't even see the commish posting a suspension now, but even if he does, it shouldn't be more than 4 games.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

freddy

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 18, 2012, 04:41:22 PM

I only say weaken because we don't know the facts. Goodell has suspended players before even though the player didn't face charges.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 18, 2012, 04:42:15 PM

He has value again! Trade him before he goes out to celebrate and gets arrested again!

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 18, 2012, 04:42:52 PM

Goodell has been known to make his own judgements depending on what he sees as evidence. Just because the grand jury doesn't feel they have enough evidence, doesn't mean the Commish sees it the same way. Suspension is still possible.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 18, 2012, 04:43:08 PM

No one has picked this up yet, but it is a real tweet from Stroud's account. I'm super happy about this.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 18, 2012, 04:43:35 PM

Holy **CENSORED**, **CENSORED** yea! Very unexpected news, but I love it!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 18, 2012, 04:43:39 PM

He has value again! Trade him before he goes out to celebrate and gets arrested again!

I think you might need to give up  on your hope that he won't be a Buc this upcoming season. The Bucs giveth you Martin but taketh away, uhhh, your desire to see Talib gone!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 18, 2012, 04:44:25 PM

Consider this possibility: Clayborn- possibly Pro Bowl level DE
McCoy- possible Pro Bowl level DT
David- possible Pro Bowl level LB
Barron- possible Pro Bowl level S
Talib- (if he plays like two years ago) possible Pro Bowl level CB
Suddenly one can imagine our defense cracking the top 10 if enough things go right.

In Verner We Trust

nitey

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 18, 2012, 04:47:53 PM

Sorry JD, the Bucs won't trade him because they need him this year too badly. With Talib covering the South's best receivers, we just might be able to make some real noise this year.

And some players DO learn from past mistakes. I doubt Schiano will allow Talib to talk back to him like Rah did.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 18, 2012, 04:49:12 PM

Goodell has been known to make his own judgements depending on what he sees as evidence. Just because the grand jury doesn't feel they have enough evidence, doesn't mean the Commish sees it the same way. Suspension is still possible.

If I remember correctly, Talib met with Goodell last year and plead his case, and Goodell decided to withhold judgement until the case was heard. Talib must have had a pretty darn good case. I think it's good that Goodell already declined to immediately suspend based on what Talib said.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools