Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

freddy

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 18, 2012, 04:49:43 PM

Sorry JD, the Bucs won't trade him because they need him this year too badly. With Talib covering the South's best receivers, we just might be able to make some real noise this year.

And some players DO learn from past mistakes. I doubt Schiano will allow Talib to talk back to him like Rah did.

You know, if Ron Cooper could get through to a 4 Wonderlic, he probably can get through to Talib.  :-*

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 18, 2012, 04:50:17 PM

@NFLSTROUD Talib's attorney Frank Perez said Dallas County prsecutors had a chance to review the case and decided to dismiss.

@NFLSTROUD The state's chief witness against Talib, Shannon Billings, is a repeat sex offender and currently jailed in Dallas County.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 18, 2012, 04:51:30 PM

Cool. Wonder if anything happens with Goodell now. Probably not right?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 18, 2012, 04:52:39 PM

He has value again! Trade him before he goes out to celebrate and gets arrested again!

I don't think we will. Schiano will keep him on a very short lease but has liked how he has acted and practiced while he's seen him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nitey

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 18, 2012, 04:52:39 PM

I think worse case is that Goodell suspends him for 4 games. While that will hurt, at least that's a manageable amount of games, he only misses 1 south division game.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 18, 2012, 04:52:47 PM

Thats big news for our D now. Secondary isnt as big as a concern for me. Our young LBs and Dlines health concern me much more.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 18, 2012, 04:54:23 PM

I think worse case is that Goodell suspends him for 4 games. While that will hurt, at least that's a manageable amount of games, he only misses 1 south division game.

True. If they dropped the case then there was no case. Goodell would just going by what hes heard.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 18, 2012, 04:55:48 PM

Goodell can't suspend him. He was at home when this happened, not out at a club or something. With the case dismissed there are no grounds whatsoever for suspension.. Then again, the warden seems to do whatever the hell he wants to... So who knows.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 18, 2012, 04:56:42 PM

GET OUT THE CHECKBOOK, DOM. 10 YEARS $150 MILLION SHOULD DO IT. DON'T LET THIS KIND OF TALENT GET AWAY!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 18, 2012, 04:57:46 PM

Goodell can't suspend him. He was at home when this happened, not out at a club or something. With the case dismissed there are no grounds whatsoever for suspension.. Then again, the warden seems to do whatever the hell he wants to... So who knows.

Right.

Based on his past decisions a small suspension wouldnt surprise me and would probably be deserved. All I care is that he keeps his head on strait and so far Schiano said hes done that. A slip up and hes gone I say. 

BucD

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 18, 2012, 04:59:06 PM

@NFLSTROUD:
Perez: "We felt strongly the case would be resolved favorably... Perez said Talib is 'excited," to resume his NFL career..

Perez cont; with a "fresh start," under Greg Schiano.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 18, 2012, 05:00:29 PM

Per Stroud Twitter

"@NFLSTROUD: The case against Bucs CB Aqib Talib on assault with a deadly weapon has been dismissed by Dallas Co. prosecutors, agent Frank Perez said."

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 18, 2012, 05:00:45 PM

GET OUT THE CHECKBOOK, DOM. 10 YEARS $150 MILLION SHOULD DO IT. DON'T LET THIS KIND OF TALENT GET AWAY!!!!

Come on man.

Be honest, if he plays like he has the last few years (minus injury) and is a model citizen, you think he deserves a new contract of should he just be let go?

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#28 : June 18, 2012, 05:01:26 PM

Good news. Our secondary just got a bit better with him available to play provided he stays out of trouble.
: June 18, 2012, 06:06:41 PM bucfan26

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 18, 2012, 05:06:00 PM

Come on man.

Be honest, if he plays like he has the last few years (minus injury) and is a model citizen, you think he deserves a new contract of should he just be let go?

I know you are talking to FRG here, but I'd like to answer.

No. Hell no. He is still an idiot thug that doesn't know how to be a civilized member of society. It's only a matter of time before he effs up again. Besides that he has become injury prone. (hip/knee) We would have to be absolute morons to offer this kid a big contract with guaranteed money. That's why I say suck it up, trade him now, and get something of value for the future....cause he'll be gone next season and we'll have nothing.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools