Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : June 18, 2012, 05:06:27 PM

It'll just be a matter of time that Talib gets into some kind of trouble again.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 18, 2012, 05:12:06 PM

GET OUT THE CHECKBOOK, DOM. 10 YEARS $150 MILLION SHOULD DO IT. DON'T LET THIS KIND OF TALENT GET AWAY!!!!

Come on man.

Be honest, if he plays like he has the last few years (minus injury) and is a model citizen, you think he deserves a new contract of should he just be let go?

I know you are talking to FRG here, but I'd like to answer.

No. Hell no. He is still an idiot thug that doesn't know how to be a civilized member of society. It's only a matter of time before he effs up again. Besides that he has become injury prone. (hip/knee) We would have to be absolute morons to offer this kid a big contract with guaranteed money. That's why I say suck it up, trade him now, and get something of value for the future....cause he'll be gone next season and we'll have nothing.

Ahh, JDub, you snuck in a conditioner.  How about a contract with zero guaranteed money and multiple personal conduct clauses? I agree, no exaggerated contract like FRG joked about. But I highly doubt he would get anything close to $15mil a year for 10 years anyways.  Also remember, he is at 5 years. He could still get a transition tag too.

Unless and until the team gets a better CB, (sorry Biggers just doesn't cut it) then Talib is the best we have. If he can be held in check, he is worth a new yet very guarded contract.

EDIT: BTW that new contract should be at years end, not a moment sooner.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 18, 2012, 05:15:08 PM

If dom  extends talib he should be fired on the spot

freddy

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 18, 2012, 05:17:14 PM

Calm brads, note the Edit I made above as I though that I you gents might be thinking that. Not an extension, a new contract after this coming year is up and Talib either gets a new contractor is allowed to walk in FA.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 18, 2012, 05:19:13 PM

Calm brads, note the Edit I made above as I though that I you gents might be thinking that. Not an extension, a new contract after this coming year is up and Talib either gets a new contractor is allowed to walk in FA.

Let him walk. Hope somebody else is stupid enough to give him a contract and we will get a comp pick.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 18, 2012, 05:21:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the Glazer boys would know if Dom wanted to offer such a high-profile extension before Talib would, so I don't see that scenario playing out.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 18, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

Freddy, ones man trash is another man's treasure. Some other team that hasn't had to deal with his nonsense first hand will be willing to give him a solid long term deal with half guaranteed. He's not going to take some home town discount with a bunch of stipulations and no guaranteed money. That just isn't realistic. If we wanted him past this year, we would have to give him a big time deal. Look at what we gave Wright for gawd sake!  :o

Hadn't thought about the transition tag, but that would give him a one year deal at the average of the top 10 CBs....which would be around $10M....for one year....which is insane.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 18, 2012, 05:23:22 PM

Let him walk. Hope somebody else is stupid enough to give him a contract and we will get a comp pick.

We would only be awarded a comp pick if Talib preformed well after being aquired by his new team. So in that situation, we would be face palming ourselves.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 18, 2012, 05:24:18 PM

Buccaneers News
‏@PewterReport

Aqib Talib's attorney tells http://PewterReport.com  that all charges have been dropped against his client. The case's witness was not credible.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 18, 2012, 05:26:55 PM

Only way I see Talib being here long term....and it's a long shot.....very long. Is if we gave him an extension now. He is set to make only $2.1M this year. If we extended his deal to make it two years for $5M a year, and told him we want to see him go all of 2012 and 2013 without getting in trouble before we offer him a long term deal....he'd probably sign it. That way we'd have him this year and next, and $5M a year is still very cheap for a #1 CB. The extension would definitely need to have a clause in it that said he was owed nothing if he was arrested again or suspended though.

If he played well all of 2012 and 2013 and stayed out of trouble for two years, then he'd be almost 28 years old and it would be wise to sign him to a long term deal....but signing him to a long term deal after this season would just be asking for it imo. Kid needs to prove himself for more than one season.
: June 18, 2012, 05:30:25 PM JDouble

nitey

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 18, 2012, 05:30:28 PM

Buccaneers News @PewterReport

With case vs. Bucs CB Aqib Talib being dropped it's expected that he will play in all 16 games in 2012, which is a contract year for him.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 18, 2012, 05:31:09 PM

America! Fu*k yea!!

I honestly doubt that Rog will suspend Talib.

1. Case Dropped
2. Talib already met with Rog last year and it was decided to do nothing until the legal process had played out
3. The last thing the league office will want is yet another questionable suspension to be thrown into the public eye...with all that is happening with Bounty-Gate..I suspect Rog will stay away from suspending a player who was accused of actions while the league was in a lockout.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 18, 2012, 05:31:20 PM

Sidenote,

Has anybody else noticed the utter degradation of PR?

Joefkingbucsfan has commented on this story already. It seems to be the trend these days.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#43 : June 18, 2012, 05:33:10 PM

That contract adds one year and 7.9 million.

Lol. You actually managed to con yourself.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#44 : June 18, 2012, 05:35:37 PM

Good news and stuff.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Case Dismissed!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools