Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTERREPORT.COM BEAT WRITER ERIC DELLARATTA HERE « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

: June 19, 2012, 03:03:01 PM

Fantasy football is right around the corner! I have already prepped up for my drafts and my early rankings have been completed. I plan on being very active on this board during the season, and I will do my best to answer any questions you may have regarding fantasy football (Sit/Start, Sleepers, Busts, Breakouts, etc.) Feel free to post your questions here, ask me on Twitter @EricDellaratta, or send me a personal message and I'll do my best to answer them. Beat writer Andrew Scavelli will also be around to offer his opinions. Happy drafting!

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 11, 2012, 10:03:48 AM

Hi Eric,

What are your thoughts on Andy Dalton?   I've got AJ Green as my keeper and was thinking of trying to snag Dalton as my QB2 somewhere in the middle rounds.
Do you think the "red rifle" will improve on last season's stats?

Turn the page.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#2 : July 13, 2012, 02:12:08 PM

Hi Eric,

What are your thoughts on Andy Dalton?   I've got AJ Green as my keeper and was thinking of trying to snag Dalton as my QB2 somewhere in the middle rounds.
Do you think the "red rifle" will improve on last season's stats?

Thanks for the question, bucinnj. A.J. Green is one of my favorite receivers in the game today, but I'm not a huge fan of Dalton in 2012. I have a hard time believing that he will put up 2011-like numbers again this season. He has potential, but I think he'll be a victim of the dreaded "sophomore slump". I'd rather take a shot on a quarterback such as Andrew Luck or Carson Palmer as a cheap QB2 option.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 13, 2012, 04:23:00 PM

Knowing the owners in my league, I could see Palmer being available late.  Somebody will probably snag Luck early with high expectations.

Turn the page.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#4 : July 14, 2012, 02:12:09 AM

Knowing the owners in my league, I could see Palmer being available late.  Somebody will probably snag Luck early with high expectations.

Palmer is being overlooked IMO. He is a solid QB2 option. He's got a plethora of young talented receivers to throw to (Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford, Juron Criner). Darren McFadden will also be healthy so that should help out Palmer.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 15, 2012, 12:47:15 AM

Darren McFadden will also be healthy so that should help out Palmer.

Huge IF there.
Would like to see what DMC could do over a full slate of games.

Turn the page.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#6 : July 15, 2012, 01:38:48 AM

Darren McFadden will also be healthy so that should help out Palmer.

Huge IF there.
Would like to see what DMC could do over a full slate of games.

That makes two of us. McFadden has all the talent to put up huge fantasy numbers, he just needs to stay healthy.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 16, 2012, 01:05:36 PM

Eric,

Where do you stand on the Eagles WR duo of Desean and Maclin?
I'd like to snag one or the other as my WR2.

IMO, Maclin is more steady, Desean has the higher breakout potential.
Do you think the Eagles will be this year's Miami Heat?

Turn the page.

wyla86

Second String

#8 : July 16, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

How hard is it to set up a league using ESPN? I plan on using ESPN.com for a fantasy league I setting up with a few friends. We will be doing a online draft. Has anyone had problems or any advise? Thank you

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 16, 2012, 03:28:29 PM

How hard is it to set up a league using ESPN? I plan on using ESPN.com for a fantasy league I setting up with a few friends. We will be doing a online draft. Has anyone had problems or any advise? Thank you

Never used ESPN.  I've tried three fantasy websites over the years.

Yahoo- Free league.  Their on-line draft is simple and user-friendly.  Their live scoring is sometimes wacky as is their player updates but it's fairly solid for a free league.

Fanball (although it's called something else now)- I believe the league cost $59.  We did a live draft so I'm not sure about on-line drafting.  Would not recommend using this league.

CBS Sports- $159 for the league.  Also did a live draft here but this is my favorite site for user friendliness and functionality.  They do offer on-line draft rooms also.

Hope this helps and good luck with your league.

Turn the page.

wyla86

Second String

#10 : July 16, 2012, 05:07:13 PM

Thank you for the info

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#11 : July 17, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

I've used Yahoo!, ESPN, and NFL.com over the years, and I think that Yahoo! is my favorite. I love how easy it is. Maybe you should check out their game.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#12 : July 17, 2012, 12:04:25 AM

Eric,

Where do you stand on the Eagles WR duo of Desean and Maclin?
I'd like to snag one or the other as my WR2.

IMO, Maclin is more steady, Desean has the higher breakout potential.
Do you think the Eagles will be this year's Miami Heat?

I think the Eagles as a team will perform better than they did last season. I think both Maclin and Jackson have similar value. Both should put up better numbers than last year. I also think that Michael Vick is worth a mid round pick if he is available.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 21, 2012, 10:27:18 AM

I'm in a league that allows predraft trades. My 1st couple of picks overall are 3rd,12th,34th,36th and 55th. I'm leaning towards Rice/McCoy at 3 and Ryan Matthews at 12. It's a non ppr league so after the elite Wrs there are a bunch of guys lumped together that I could between 34 and 55. Thoughts on my strategy?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#14 : July 21, 2012, 10:58:47 AM

I'm in a league that allows predraft trades. My 1st couple of picks overall are 3rd,12th,34th,36th and 55th. I'm leaning towards Rice/McCoy at 3 and Ryan Matthews at 12. It's a non ppr league so after the elite Wrs there are a bunch of guys lumped together that I could between 34 and 55. Thoughts on my strategy?

Thanks for the question 1VA,

I think being in the top 3 is the best this year. You're guaranteed Foster, Rice, or McCoy. So if you pick any of those three it is a success. As for Mathews at 12, I don't really think he will slide that far (although I don't know the people in your league). Mathews a classic breakout candidate. There will be little to no competition for carries in the San Diego backfield. It's Mathews' show. Norv Turner has even said he expects a huge year from him. The only thing holding him back is his inability to stay healthy. If you get a safe back like Foster/Rice/McCoy with you're first pick and Mathews is still on the board at 12, you have to take the risk because the upside is so great. I like the 2 running back strategy in non-ppr drafts, but the 2nd round running backs this year are quite risky (Murray, Lynch, McFadden, Peterson)

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTERREPORT.COM BEAT WRITER ERIC DELLARATTA HERE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools