Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Rumors: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Could Trade Defensive Tackle Brian Price « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« : June 21, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »

http://www.rantsports.com/blog/2012/06/20/nfl-rumors-tampa-bay-buccaneers-could-trade-defensive-tackle-brian-price/

NFL Rumors: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Could Trade Defensive Tackle Brian Price

One of the possible NFL rumors around the league involves the possibility of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers trading defensive tackle Brian Price.  Price decided to forgo his senior season with the UCLA Bruins two years ago to declare for the 2010 NFL Draft.

Many projected Price to be a first-round selection.  Price fell out of the first round, and he was drafted 35th overall in the second round.

Former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano is putting a higher value on team chemistry than overall talent.  Schaino already showed free safety Tanard Jackson and tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. the door by releasing Jackson and trading Winslow to the Seattle Seahawks.

There are two teams that could use Price on their rosters.  Those teams are the Cleveland Browns and the Dallas Cowboys.

The Browns need a defensive tackle for the short term in the wake of Phil Taylor’s injury.  Taylor injured his chest while lifting weights.

Maybe the Browns can package a deal with the Buccaneers.  My proposal would be something like the Browns get Price and a sixth-round draft pick and the Buccaneers receive Colt McCoy and a seventh-round pick.

Josh Freeman could use a better backup over Dan Orlovsky, and McCoy was 0-2 vs Freeman when Texas faced Kansas State during McCoy’s tenure with the Longhorns.

Price is 6-foot-1 and 301 pounds.  Price has struggled as a defensive tackle in the Buccaneers’ 4-3 scheme.  Maybe Price would be more suited for a 3-4 defensive end role in a five-technique system.

The Cowboys would be an ideal fit for Price because their team could use some short-term depth at defensive end.  Tyrone Crawford is 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds.  Crawford played in a 4-3 scheme at Boise State, and will need time to adapt to the Cowboys’ 3-4 scheme.

It would not hurt for the Cowboys to look to make a play for Price.  Price resembles Kenyon Coleman in some aspects.  Coleman is currently the Cowboys’ starting left end, and he also played for the Bruins when he was in college.

Maybe Price can improve his work ethic and compete for a second chance as a starter some point down the road if he gets a change of scenery.  Price has to show a major improvement in his work ethic if he expects to blossom into a long-term starter for the Buccaneers.

The Buccaneers have a lot of young players on their defensive line, and have failed to provide the defensive line with a veteran leader who has many years’ experience.  That may illustrate why Price has not received the proper guidance at this early stage of his NFL career.

I just got a feeling that things will not end well for Price and the Buccaneers if any more off- the-field incidents occur like the one involving rookie Mark Barron on Tuesday.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #1 : June 21, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »

I dont think thats a rumor. That is an assuption, otherwise knows as a guess.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #2 : June 21, 2012, 07:16:53 AM »

Sounds like a dumb ass Bleacher Report article based on nothing in reality.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 21, 2012, 07:30:25 AM »

reads like someone with the seed of rumor in an incubator - it does need some basis to grow in, complete supposition will not help it grow

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 21, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »

i think we should keep Price.

Chemistry? who cares if he doesn't know what the symbol for aluminum is!!

Keep Price and get rid of Floppy....

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #5 : June 21, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »

This is definitely not a professional journalist.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 21, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »

There is some validity to the thought...   if Price is not going to play nicely with his team mates, I could of definitely seen a trade before Bowers got hurt... now - not so much.

(Colt McCoy? - f' that... )

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : June 21, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »

Sounds like a dumb ass Bleacher Report article based on nothing in reality.
+1

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 21, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »

It was linked originally off NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/around-the-web?feedId=TB&id=-1937271294

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #9 : June 21, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »

The Bucs COULD trade a 6th round pick for Brady. See how this works?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #10 : June 21, 2012, 08:42:21 AM »

(Colt McCoy? - f' that... )

Right!?!

Dan Orlovsky  >> Colt McCoy 

No contest.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 21, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »

Several large assumptions here. I don't think we part way with Price, he is a talented guy and all notes on him so far say he's a hard worker. I think he hasn't given his best first impression to our  new coach but I do think he'll earn it back and be starting oppo GMAC week 1.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

cryptfiend

Starter

« #12 : June 21, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »

Prefer to go to Dallas with that trade.

Price for Jenkins and a fourth/fifth.

If Jenkins plays well, and we lock up Talib long term, corner is no longer a concern.  Go DT in the first round next year.  Some people were thinking we might go DT this year.  If we can get Jenkins, at the price of Price, the only holes on the team would be in the linebackers.

player101

Starter
« #13 : June 21, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »

This guy has shown flashes and without any more information on his issues I think it would be foolish to give up on him already. We need to see if Price can get on track as he may be the most talented DL on our team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #14 : June 21, 2012, 09:48:33 AM »

Certainly a possibility, but I think if his problems persist, he'll end up on a PUP or IR list. Doubt we give up on him this year.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Rumors: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Could Trade Defensive Tackle Brian Price « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools