Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH CONFIDENCE FROM SCHIANO, BENNETT READY TO ATTACK CONTRACT YEAR « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« : June 21, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »

Buccaneers defensive end Michael Bennett is entering a contract year and he and his teammates are full of confidence heading into the 2012 season due to the arrival of new head coach Greg Schiano. With the offseason Achilles tendon injury to Da'Quan Bowers, Bennett is once again is slated to start at left defensive end.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8026:&Itemid=15

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #1 : June 21, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

I hope Bennett breaks out this year. He's got a strong build and showed some great flashes last year. I love how all of the players, in every interview, mention how they enjoy the discipline Schiano is instilling. Sounds like they'll run through a brick wall for him.

Thanks for the article PR. Some of us still enjoy/appreciate them.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 21, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »

Excellent article!
“Coach Schiano, especially for myself, he just pushes me everyday to be better and better,” Bennett said. “Every time I think I am doing something right he tells me I am doing something wrong just to keep making me go harder. I appreciate that – having a coach like that who is always pushing you to be great. That’s the first thing you say about being a coach is being able to take a man to make him great. That’s what Coach is doing right now.”

Bennett said that Schiano’s attention to detail has the team being held to a high standard. If a player cannot become a detail-oriented Buccaneer, more than likely they won’t see the field as Schiano has little tolerance for mistakes.

“I think people are paying closer attention to the detail,” Bennett said. “Coach talked about it and everybody is starting to understand that this is a job and people do lose their jobs if we don’t do the right thing. He is just preaching if you don’t do your job you are probably not going to be playing. That’s the way it should be. Guys that don’t understand it, they probably should not be playing.  That’s the right thing. Coach is holding us to a higher standard.”

Schiano appears to be the Anti-Raheem; he understands how to continually MOTIVATE.
 I remember Lombardi used to save his toughest most nitpicky critiques for after the Packers had just won big, as he knew swelled egos were one of the biggest obstacles to players improving their game...
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH CONFIDENCE FROM SCHIANO, BENNETT READY TO ATTACK CONTRACT YEAR « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools