Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will it take for this community to support its team?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« : June 22, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »

We spent big in FA (ticket sales should be up for that reason alone as many fans have said 'I won't spend on this team until the owners do').
We had a kick-butt draft.
We hired a respectable no non-sense coach.
We've spent money to put together a detailed coaching staff.
We've made some great PR moves.
We've kicked all the half-butt clowns out of the building.
We've created a family oriented atmosphere.
And to top it all off we are selling tickets for $30!!! Yet we still 't sell tickets.

$30 Season Tickets Still Available

Joe feels for the many Bucs fans that have to endure blacked out games.

Sure, there are unlawful Internet streams, blackout tours, tape delays, NFL Game Rewind, and the radio to satisfy fans. But for most, nothing compares to sitting at the local Hooters or on the family couch watching a Bucs home game in HD with a remote in hand to catch other games when the Bucs trail by four touchdowns go to a commercial break. This is especially gratifying when you can’t afford to go to a Bucs game, or physically handle what going to a game entails.

Joe is often asked what effects the New Schiano Order and the Bucs’ dive into free agency are having on ticket sales. And while Joe doesn’t have a definitive answer, Joe points to $30-per-game season tickets ($15 for kids), and $35-per-game season tickets still being available for sale.

That’s not a hopeful sign for those hoping blackouts fade away, especially considering how far prices have dropped for some season tickets and the various food and parking discounts the Bucs now offer.

Yeah, the economy in the area remains poor, but it still saddens Joe that the Bucs haven’t yet sold their fabulously priced tickets. Click the link above to see what’s available throughout the stadium.

Joe has no doubt Bucs attendance will improve in 2012, but Joe’s not seeing that translating into fewer blackouts. There’s no London “home” game or home night game this season, so the Bucs might actually have less of a television presence.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=68576
« : June 22, 2012, 11:45:04 AM TampaBucks05 »

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #1 : June 22, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

Wins

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #2 : June 22, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »

Wins

We were a winning team in 2010, yet still failed to sell out a home game.

Also, we failed to sell out a home game in 2011(sans MNF). While we did finish 4-12, we started 4-2.
« : June 22, 2012, 11:39:54 AM TampaBucks05 »

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #3 : June 22, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »

yes but there were other factors that went into that. Bad economic times played a huge part. I also think there was still lots of uncertainty around that team. I think we need to win consistently before that goes away. With the bad economic times you better almost guarantee a good product on the field for fans to spend money to see the games.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

« #4 : June 22, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »

Sorry ass fairweather front running FOLLOWERS. Can't even call them a fan. This is too the hundreds of thousands of people in this area that are able to attend a game not those that cannot.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #5 : June 22, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »

Sorry ass fairweather front running FOLLOWERS. Can't even call them a fan. This is too the hundreds of thousands of people in this area that are able to attend a game not those that cannot.

+1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #6 : June 22, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »

You can't buy a individual $30 ticket from the Bucs. You have to purchase a season pass to get those cheap nose bleeders ($30 x10 + ticketmaster fees). So that is a little misleading. A family of 4 is $120 x 10 = $1200+parking+food for nose bleeders. I think economics of the area still has a role for what's going on here. Lots of people in the area are from NY, Boston, other parts north and they're unwilling to give up their fav northern team for the Bucs.  Even winning team TB Rays still among the bottom in league attendance despite having interesting players (great pitching staff).  They face similar challenges in drawing fans.   

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #7 : June 22, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »

yes but there were other factors that went into that. Bad economic times played a huge part. I also think there was still lots of uncertainty around that team. I think we need to win consistently before that goes away. With the bad economic times you better almost guarantee a good product on the field for fans to spend money to see the games.

I believe a lot of the fans with the 10-yr seat deposits from years ago finally got fed up w/ the Glazers and once their commitment was completed, didn't renew. The 2009 team made it easy (Gruden fired, Morris hired, Leftwich signed, Brooks released).   Glazers still working on getting that lost fanbase back.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 22, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »

It also looks to me that everyone expects other fans to go to the game so they get to see the game at home. So they call out other bucs fans online calling them names and saying that they arent real fans.

Quite pathetic to look at when you sit "across the pond" and "would kill" for the chance to go to a bucs game.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #9 : June 22, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »

You can't buy a individual $30 ticket from the Bucs. You have to purchase a season pass to get those cheap nose bleeders ($30 x10 + ticketmaster fees). So that is a little misleading. A family of 4 is $120 x 10 = $1200+parking+food for nose bleeders. I think economics of the area still has a role for what's going on here. Lots of people in the area are from NY, Boston, other parts north and they're unwilling to give up their fav northern team for the Bucs.  Even winning team TB Rays still among the bottom in league attendance despite having interesting players (great pitching staff).  They face similar challenges in drawing fans.

This is my point of view on that argument,

A.) You don't have to spend $1,200 on tickets, even if you have a family of four. Rotate games with your kids/wife, that's what my Dad did when I was younger.
B.) Noone is forcing you to buy beer or food when you are IN the stadium. Plenty of times I'll go to ray-jay and eat before or after the game, mostly because the food there is extremley unhealthy (I've also been known to sneak the occasional 1/5th of Captain in the stadium if the time is right. :D ).
C.) Not that the 'nose-bleed' section is THAT bad of a view, but Raymond James Stadium has a nice viewing/balcony area by the ship and Captain's Deck if you want a closer view on the action.
D.) If you have friends who are Bucs fans you can car pool woth them, it not only helps against air pollution, but it might even prevent you from getting a DUI. 

I work a $10/hr job and can still afford to buy season tickets. Since they recently lowered the upper deck to $30 a game I can afford to take take my girlfirend too.  There's really no excuse for most people who have jobs. Unless of course your just not that big of a fan.
« : June 22, 2012, 02:22:52 PM TampaBucks05 »

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #10 : June 22, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »

I believe a lot of the fans with the 10-yr seat deposits from years ago finally got fed up w/ the Glazers and once their commitment was completed, didn't renew. The 2009 team made it easy (Gruden fired, Morris hired, Leftwich signed, Brooks released).   Glazers still working on getting that lost fanbase back.

That is a very good point.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #11 : June 22, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »

Time and committment to success.
One off-season does not erase the last 6, 7, 8 years of underspending and lack of committment. They are on the right track since the end of last season, but this organization has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for a long time.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #12 : June 22, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »

Good points, but my opinions in RED

We spent big in FA (ticket sales should be up for that reason alone as many fans have said 'I won't spend on this team until the owners do'). Yes we did good point
We had a kick-butt draft. That remains to be seen
We hired a respectable no non-sense coach. That is unproven in the NFL
We've spent money to put together a detailed coaching staff. True, but most casual fans never know/are about the staff
We've made some great PR moves. might affect .25 of a boost to ticket sales, you have to make long term commits for the community to care
We've kicked all the half-butt clowns out of the building. I have to admit I'm as excited by the subtractions as by the additions
We've created a family oriented atmosphere. I really don't know what this means, games are still Drunk Fests no matter how you slice it, me included
And to top it all off we are selling tickets for $30!!! Yet we still 't sell tickets. Crappy tickets that have gone completely unsold for the past 3 seasons, There is a huge gap in price between the terrible tickets and half way decent tickets. IMO all upper deck tickets should less than $50 until it sells out

$30 Season Tickets Still Available

Joe feels for the many Bucs fans that have to endure blacked out games.

Sure, there are unlawful Internet streams, blackout tours, tape delays, NFL Game Rewind, and the radio to satisfy fans. But for most, nothing compares to sitting at the local Hooters or on the family couch watching a Bucs home game in HD with a remote in hand to catch other games when the Bucs trail by four touchdowns go to a commercial break. This is especially gratifying when you can’t afford to go to a Bucs game, or physically handle what going to a game entails.

Joe is often asked what effects the New Schiano Order and the Bucs’ dive into free agency are having on ticket sales. And while Joe doesn’t have a definitive answer, Joe points to $30-per-game season tickets ($15 for kids), and $35-per-game season tickets still being available for sale.

That’s not a hopeful sign for those hoping blackouts fade away, especially considering how far prices have dropped for some season tickets and the various food and parking discounts the Bucs now offer.

Yeah, the economy in the area remains poor, but it still saddens Joe that the Bucs haven’t yet sold their fabulously priced tickets. Click the link above to see what’s available throughout the stadium.

Joe has no doubt Bucs attendance will improve in 2012, but Joe’s not seeing that translating into fewer blackouts. There’s no London “home” game or home night game this season, so the Bucs might actually have less of a television presence.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=68576

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 22, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »

The average fan wants consistency. Once the Bucs string along a couple winning seasons in a row, I would expect ticket sales to go up.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #14 : June 22, 2012, 04:33:10 PM »

economy....blah, blah, blah. Its another sorry excuse. There are plenty of fans out there that arent struggling. Hell, even the ones that are can afford to go to 1 game a year with the drop in ticket prices. No one wants to admit they wont go out in the heat and walk a block or two(specially if you want cheap or free parking) unless their "team" is stringing together a bunch of wins. They cant eat before the game so theyll complain about concession prices. Theyll go to the beach but cant stand the heat. They go to Carrabas and spend $80 but cant afford a $30 dollar ticket. Theyll pay to park to go to a bar/club in channelside, ybor, or hyde park, but cant afford $5 to park 2 blocks away from the stadium. Theyll walk around Universal, Bush Gardens, and Disney but cant walk to the stadium. The list goes on and on.

They are all piss poor excuses and many of those people wont return until the Bucs are looking at, or in the playoffs.

Yes there are legitimately people who really cant do some of the things I listed, but they are the minority and we are not talking about them. We are talking about the majority who are quite capable. Believe me, the economy isnt terrible. I work at a business that is nothing but a complete luxury. It has no necessity what so ever yet people of all walks of life walk through the door and throw down 100s of dollars all day every day. From the trashy or ghetto, to middle class, to high society snobs are all spending tons of money on something thats a complete luxury.

They just refuse to admit they dont want to spend the money unless the team is winning....and usually winning to the point of making the playoffs. Even then, its still a stretch(Giants playoff game with Gruden still coach). In Tampa, its part of the culture here to bash the team and make fun of them for sucking....this is by so called fans. I moved 1300 miles to be able to be a season ticket holder and Im really disgusted and disappointed by "fan" contempt for the teams that they are supposed to root for no matter what. I lived in an area that was surrounded by Lions, Bengals, and Browns fans. Their teams havent won anything in god knows how long, yet Ive never seen a fan base so disconnected than here in Tampa. Last I checked, the economy in those factory and automotive industry based cities are a little worse for off and have been for a much longer period of time.

Sad, **CENSORED**ing sad. Theres a large number of Bucs fans walking around out there that should just be ashamed.....or at least choose another team so the rest of the Bucs fans dont have to be associated with you in the slightest.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will it take for this community to support its team?! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools