Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will it take for this community to support its team?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 22, 2012, 04:55:05 PM

Truth be told.   Browns fans are more loyal than  most Bucs fans.   

Let that sink in for a minute...

Choose your freaking team, quit whining and enjoy the ride - whoever you are...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 22, 2012, 06:34:31 PM

It also looks to me that everyone expects other fans to go to the game so they get to see the game at home.

^^ that ^^

Wanna see them play, buy a ticket!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 22, 2012, 06:52:01 PM

This always comes up every year.  Several legit reasons for the struggles:

The Tampa population is new.  Not a great many of the people who live there now lived there thirty years ago.  So many of the newcomers already have a favorite team elsewhere and aren't going to change that.

When an expansion team enters the league it needs to draw people from the local population away from their prior allegiances.  The Bucs were so bad they never built a broad fanbase

The first time they really began to build a fanbase was under Dungy and Gruden.  But the repulsive media deliberately sabotaged that out of their pissy little hatred of Gruden and they themselves bear the lion's share of the responsibility for the blackouts.  Scumbags.  We finally had the makings of a solid, long term fanbase, but they turned off many people.  People who bought into their crap, and people who wont be bothered to follow the team when they know al theyre going to hear is bile, lies, and anger.

Raheem was an idiot and the majority of people knew it, only a few homers here bought in.  The media tried to salvage him because they had gon to such lengths to savage Gruden.  Again though, a lot of people are turned off because of that kind of propagandizing.  The losing seasons are harder to bear when you know
you have a moron in charge, the media cheerleads for him, but the product sucks (this is happening in a larger arena now too).

A lot of people were angry with the Gruden firing as they knew it was political.  Add in they replaced a SB winning, proven coach with a wannabe weekend bartender and more people cut bait.  They stopped saying "this time he won't beat me"

The economy is playing at most a minimal part.  The prices are so low that they really aren't an excuse. The portion of the population that would find those costs prohibitive is not significantly larger than it was before.  They will sell somewhat more tickets IMO because of the offseason, but they aren't going to sell out unless they prove they have a product worth investing in.  It wasn't fun watching them at all for the last three years.  I don't blame people for not wanting to go to the games if they weren't diehard fans, which many aren't.  We simply have not managed to build that fanbase yet.  We need to overcome the first two reasons I listed for that to happen.  But the media seems determined to prevent that and the organization has been shooting itself in the foot.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 22, 2012, 07:05:06 PM

I suspect it it the linking and posting of JoeBucsFan nonsense on this board that creates much of the attendance issue. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : June 22, 2012, 07:32:55 PM

I suspect it it the linking and posting of JoeBucsFan nonsense on this board that creates much of the attendance issue.

The lack of sellouts and continuing blackouts is a significant issue to our fanbase. If you're not interested, buzz off.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 22, 2012, 08:11:16 PM

Careful...Isbitts lurks here , as I have proven , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#21 : June 22, 2012, 08:29:31 PM

Time and committment to success.
One off-season does not erase the last 6, 7, 8 years of underspending and lack of committment. They are on the right track since the end of last season, but this organization has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for a long time.

Ditto that...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 22, 2012, 08:31:33 PM

Hmmm - don't care too much, there is a place on the web for him, but it isn't here

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#23 : June 22, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

Oh common, Joe Buc is the pinnacle of quality journalism....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 22, 2012, 08:34:50 PM

The term penultimate always occurs to me when folks mention isbitts.  And that is only because of Stroud being in town.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#25 : June 22, 2012, 08:40:36 PM

The term penultimate always occurs to me when folks mention isbitts.  And that is only because of Stroud being in town.

Nice one.  But isn't that being awfully mean to Stroud? 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 22, 2012, 08:45:49 PM

What will it take for this community to support its team?!

A different community.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 22, 2012, 08:47:47 PM

I actually got banned from JBF for something I said here on PR. Bunch of hacks.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 22, 2012, 08:48:57 PM

I didn't know one could get banned from such a 'site'.  Interesting

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 22, 2012, 09:02:57 PM

I actually got banned from JBF for something I said here on PR. Bunch of hacks.

LMAO - that's funny.

What did you say that so horrible that Isbitts and co. felt the need to ban you on another board?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What will it take for this community to support its team?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools